Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oh, the PLACES I’ve been! #43 - Eiffel Tower

take 2

With Valentine’s upon us, I chose a romantic destination.

Eifel Tower0102

What could be more romantic than…

Eifel Tower0103

…the Eiffel Tower?

Eifel Tower0104

Perhaps only to be surpassed by dining at Le Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower. Amongst all of the hustle and bustle below the tower, is the entrance to Le Jules Verne.

Eifel Tower0105

A separate elevator takes you to the restaurant.The little red dot lets you know where the elevator is at. Clearly reservations are a must.

Eifel Tower0106

Dining at such heights is quite the elegant affair…

Eifel Tower0107

…with amazing food to match. I honestly don’t remember what this was! LOL!

Eifel Tower0108Eifel Tower0109Eifel Tower0110

The food was divine. Do you see the Jules Verne insignia pierced through the plate?

Eifel Tower0112

It was also on the chairs.

Eifel Tower0113Eifel Tower0114

I can’t even begin to explain how outstanding the desserts were.

Eifel Tower0115

And of course there were…

Eifel Tower0101 

…the breathtaking views.

Eifel Tower0116

It was hard to leave this place of wonder where even the elevator ride was part of the delight!

Eifel Tower0117

While dining at Le Jules Verne was one of the most expensive meals I’ve ever had, it was worth every penny!

What romantic destinations have you been to?

- The Tablescaper

10 comments:

Pat said...

What an amazing trip. Thanks so much for hosting, Alma.

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

Love the Eiffel Tower! Beautiful photos. We've seen it twice but never got to go up or eat at Jules Verne. Lucky you! The food looks delicious!

Miss Merry said...

Wow - what an outstanding post. Thank you for taking us to Paris to visit the Eiffel Tower for Valentine's Day! The photos of the food are divine. It is everything I would expect of dining in Paris. I am sure you enjoyed it immensely. Such a special trip. Happy Valentine's Day.

Bonnie said...

Love this post. I've been to the Eiffel Tower three times and loved it each time. Last time we knew about the Jules Verne restaurant and almost made a commitment but we didn't. It is over the top expensive.

Barbara said...

Some place I want to go before I leave this earth! I've always wanted to visit Paris and see the Eiffel Tower...thank you so much for sharing and for hosting! Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!
XO Barbara

Michele {Malaysian Meanders} said...

Thanks for showing us around Jules Verne. I thought about eating there when we visited the Eiffel Tower, but taking our three kids there (and making them look nice on a day of sightseeing)seemed too much of a hassle. I totally would have done it if it was an adults only trip. It looks like I missed out on a fabulous meal.

Jacqueline said...

Oh, we got to eat there too. We chose lunch time as it was cheaper, but yes, the presentation, the plates, the desserts! Ooh la la! I loved it. I told hubby I want to return to Paris for our 35th this May - we will see!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, thank you for the memories! We have been there and dining at Jules Verne was truly magical! Loved every second!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Nancy

Orange Blossom said...

How lucky are you to eat at that restaurant!? Thanks for sharing!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I lived near the Eiffel Tower for four years, but never ate at the Jules Verne, so I was so happy to have this meal with you!