Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter Tablescape

Winter Tablescape07

Once again, the snow is falling and…

Winter Tablescape02

…we are being surrounded in drifts of white.

Winter Tablescape01

This winter has…

Winter Tablescape09

…so many rounds.

Winter Tablescape10

Rather than fight it …

Winter Tablescape03

…we need to embrace…

Winter Tablescape04

…that which surrounds us.

Winter Tablescape06

There is no doubt about it…

Winter Tablescape12

…this winter has a long way to go.

Winter Tablescape13

So why not make the best of it?

Winter Tablescape14

Winter Tablescape15 Pull out your treasures…

Winter Tablescape16

Winter Tablescape17…old and new…

Winter Tablescape18

…and enjoy them.

Winter Tablescape05

Rather than considering yourself as being shut out from the world…

Winter Tablescape08

…take the opportunity to enjoy being in your home…

Winter Tablescape11

…with your wonderful treasures.

 

I’m partying at: Wow Us Wednesdays; Home and Garden Thursday; Home Sweet Home; Tablescape Thursday; Be Inspired; Feather Your Nest Friday; Fabulously Creative Friday; Show and Tell Friday; Make it Pretty Monday.; Twirl and Take a Bow.

 

- The Tablescaper

14 comments:

Bernideen said...

I watched The Phantom of the Opera tonight and I can't help but think your tablescape would fit it well!

A Graceful Table said...

Hi Alma! I want/need that silverware on this tablescape. Wow!!

Miss Jane said...

Your teal/aqua & black table is inspriational. I love that pop of color with the B&W. My current table is also B&W and I have those same candles on it.
The black glassware is so dramatic! Fabulous, as always.

Kathleen said...

Ah, the new black glassware! Beautiful! One can do nothing but embrace it, or move, lol! It is winter in NY, nothing new!
Lovely table, and I am sure you will get out!

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

I love the black and white, the turquoise really adds that "pop" of something special. As for your words, could you scream those at me on a daily basis. I am one of those people who doesn't do well without sunshine and also doesn't like snow except maybe on Christmas! So, this winter is kicky me where it hurts!

Sarah said...

Lovely table for a snowy day. It's rather mild here of late, but tomorrow night is predicted to drop to the 20s again and snow predicted for Friday. Oh, so rare for TX.

Dawna (Stitches from the Tub) said...

Your tablescape is perfect for a cool winter's day. It would also work here in way too hot and sunny for January California. I'll make all of you in the east a deal. You send me snow and rain, and I'll share the hot, dry dought we are having.

Dianne said...

Alma, This is stunning, so sophisticated. I love it. Dianne

Sam Schaefer said...

I love black & white, and your pop of turquoise is lovely.
Sam from www.creativelysams.com

Jennie Schumann said...

I spent much of the week looking for black and white china because my post was so popular last week with the hot pink and black and white dishes. This Ciroa Veluto is a beautiful pattern, but only available on ebay, that I could find. I wish I could find something new. What a beautiful table!

kelly said...

Just saw your lovely table on the Feathered Nest~ gorgeous. Very nice photos! I always enjoy your blog~

kelly @ cowboys daughter design

Candy S said...

It is difficult to embrace the zero temperatures outside my patio door, but I will try. I am now inspired to do a black and white tablescape for Sunday. I wanted to do a blue and white after being inspired by Jennie at "Got My Reservations" Maybe I can motivate myself to do two more winter tables before February.

Lom said...

Hi!
I'm so loving this table! and your candles! Where did you find them?
Just lovely! Jumped over from BNOTP ......

Lois@pineridgehills.com

One Shabby Old House said...

When life gives you snowdrifts...make snow ice cream right? Pretty table.