Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Saturday, March 2, 2013

House Tour–Seasonal Sundays # 141

Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy

Welcome to Seasonal Sundays!

John and Lisa's 005

Last week I shared with you that we had escaped the winter weather to Florida.

John and Lisa's 114

We were so fortunate to stay with our good friends John and Lisa in their amazing home.

John and Lisa's 079

This is most definitely a super photo heavy post, but…

John and Lisa's 127

…I really didn’t think you’d want to miss any of it! (That’s Mr. Scaper down there working – what a place to work from!).

John and Lisa's 011

There dining room and living room greet you as you enter.

John and Lisa's 016

They did a massive renovation (basically knocked down most of the prior house). John decided to preserve their prior front door and make it a wine cellar.

John and Lisa's 013

Tucked away in the entryway is…

John and Lisa's 092

…an amazing little library.

John and Lisa's 097

Like the rest of the house, the library is filled with detail.

John and Lisa's 094

The library was a prior renovation, so one of the few rooms that was not knocked down for the major renovation.

John and Lisa's 021

One of the entry points to the kitchen is through the breakfast nook.

John and Lisa's 030

What an unbelievable kitchen with an island so large that you can hardly reach to clean the center!

John and Lisa's 032

John designed the ceiling above the island with gorgeous molding and granite (yes, granite on the ceiling). Little fiber optic lights that actually twinkle peek through the granite!

John and Lisa's 036

Adjoining the kitchen is the family room. If you step through that door to the right…

John and Lisa's 047

…you are in the media room.

John and Lisa's 049

Hard to choose which screen to watch!

John and Lisa's 068

Also on that side of the house is another little room (which is where my son slept) with it’s own full bathroom. There are six amazing bathrooms, so in the interest of keeping the number of photos somewhat manageable, I’m only sharing two.

John and Lisa's 072

If you head down the hall from the family room, you pass another full bath (with easy access to the pool) on your way to…

John and Lisa's 074

…the game room.

John and Lisa's 075

This is another space that was a previous addition so it was left standing while everything else was demolished.

John and Lisa's 057

Check out the ceiling in the butler’s pantry off the kitchen which leads to…

John and Lisa's 059

…an amazing mud room. Lisa’s chief complaint about living in Florida was the lack of storage with no basements or attics. She certainly has solved that problem. Off of the mud room is one of the two laundry rooms. There is second laundry room on the second floor, both of which are huge.

John and Lisa's 063

One of the down sides of the renovation, was reducing the 3 car garage to a two car garage, but…

John and Lisa's 066

…John has many toys so two car lifts were installed to accommodate them. Look at how beautiful the floor of the garage is!

John and Lisa's 107

Mr. Scaper and I stayed in the guest suite (also on the first floor) with…

John and Lisa's 104

…it’s adjoining bath. Yes, this is the guest bathroom.

John and Lisa's 118

On the second floor are two huge bedrooms, each with an suite baths, and…

John and Lisa's 143

…the master bedroom with it’s own balcony and incredible view. Through the double doors is the gym, with it’s own amazing views.

John and Lisa's 158

The shower in the master bath (entry on the left) is so large that it doesn’t need a door or curtain.

John and Lisa's 163

His and her sinks, with a vanity for her.

John and Lisa's 175

But, probably the most amazing part of the entire house is their closet!

John and Lisa's 178

Of course John got the “smaller side” of the closet.

John and Lisa's 183

This is within their closet. It’s L shaped so a bit hard to photograph and hard to truly show how huge it is!

John and Lisa's 083

I hope you enjoyed your tour as much as we enjoyed staying there! Can’t wait to go back! Thank you John and Lisa for sharing your beautiful home with us and allowing me to share it with my readers.

- The Tablescaper

57 comments:

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Ohmygosh, what an incredible house! Maybe they want to be friends with us too?!!! haha Thanks for hosting, and have a great weekend!
xo, Andrea

Diane said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful house and it is full of so many gorgeous details. I could spend the rest of my life in the library, but I would have fun filling up that master bedroom closet. I have dreamed so often of having a butler's pantry (maybe a butler, too, lol!), so I have total envy over that - and what a ceiling! Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

What a treat for us! It's such a beautiful home and so welcoming. I know you truly enjoyed visiting.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Thanks for the tour! I'm sure you enjoyed warming up, and relaxing in your friends' beautiful home.

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Wow! What an incredible vacation you must have had. I couldn't help but think of Magnum P.I. when I saw the garage pictures ;-) Glad you enjoyed your trip. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Nici

Babs said...

Oh,my! John and Lisa's home is gorgeous! Love the kitchen...and the rest of the house, too. Thanks so much for hosting Seasonal Sundays from warm and sunny Florida. Happy Sunday.

Barbara F. said...

Wowee zowee, this is the home tour to beat all other home tours I have seen in Blogland. What a gorgeous house. My favorite is the kitchen (love the deep red walls with white cabinets), the media room and the pool! I know there is a "Lisa" on the RHOM on Bravo, hmmmmm. ;-) Thanks for sharing this. You must have had a fabulous week. xo

Gail said...

What a fabulous home! Thanks for inviting me to join in and for hosting! Love your post!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful home, more like a mansion....

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

AshTreeCottage said...

What a beautiful house! My favorite rooms are the kitchen and the library. Thank you so much for hosting.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

MandaBurms said...

Oh wow that is one amazing house! I loved the red walls in the kitchen might just copy that when we redecorate.
Love Leanne

litlsis said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you're having a super weekend!

Sylvia said...

This house is spectacular!
Thank you for having me at Seasonal Sundays.

Beth said...

What a gorgeous home! I adore the kitchen; what amazing touches. I was also impressed by her shoe collection! Glad you had the chance to visit.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wowza, nice to have friends with fab houses! My favorite parts are the ceilings in the kitchen and butlers pantry, so awesome! I wouldn't mind having a wine cellar either! Thanks for the great tour of a beautiful home,
Jenna

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Wow, your friend's home is truly amazing! I'd imagine the media room is quite popular during football season:@)

Treatntrick Treat and Trick said...

Thanks for sharing that vibrant, cozy space with elegant accessories of John and Lisa's home. Have a great Sunday!

Sarah said...

Thanks for taking us along to this beautiful home. What a wonderful home in which to vacation. Glad you had a respite from the bitter cold and all that snow.
Thanks for hosting Seasonal Sundays........sarah

Marigene said...

Wow!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Wow. What an amazing house! Thanks for the fun tour!
Karen

Laurie Ritchey said...

OH MY WORD! I sure wish my Seasonal Sunday looked like yours! What a beautiful home. I loved this tour. It's all so amazing, I can't even pick a favorite part. But oh, that kitchen comes close to being a favorite, and I could live in that closet! Do they need any more friends? Tell them I am a very nice person and would make a great friend! Lucky you. laurie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

John and Lisa's home is truly spectacular! What a wonderful tour you showed us of their lovely house!

The "Home Girl" said...

Such a beautiful home! So glad you enjoyed yourself with your friends in such a beautiful setting! =D Thanks to you AND your friends for sharing this lovely home! =D

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Their home is just gorgeous...thank you for letting us have a tour! Hugs, Penny

Entertaining Women said...

They'd have to kick me out...I'd be the happy squatter! I love the granite on the ceiling and the lifts in the garage....and everything else. So many great ideas! Thanks for hosting us and for taking us along for the ride. Cherry Kay

Carol said...

Wow, what a gorgeous and HUGE house! Good people to be friends with!

Thanks for hosting and for inviting me to join!

Carol

Kathy Moody said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous house!!! Thank you so much for the awesome tour. It looks like you had a fabulous time. Thank you so much for hosting, too! :)
Kathy

Karen Valentine said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to link up!!!! I should have waited until the morning when I wasn't half asleep!! I accidentally added my name as the link title. If you have the ability to change it from your end, do you mind retitling it "twine and lace Easter egg tutorial"? Thanks so much! Loved your post!!!
xo, Karen V

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you so much for sharing the tour of this gorgeous house..big and yet so warm and inviting! I know you had a great time visiting there! Thank you for hosting too! Big hugs,
FABBY

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

O, I am speechless!! What a beautiful home. Thank you for sharing it. It must have been so wonderful to stay there. Love, love that red kitchen. Thank you also for hosting..Happy Weekend..Judy

Dining Delight said...

So fun to see your friends' house! Just gorgeous! You must have had a fabulous time there!

DD

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Now that was a house tour! Gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing and for hosting!
Cindy

Custom Comforts said...

What a wonderful way to spend a few days. How kind of your friends to share their Florida warmth and hospitality so generously with you. I can't imagine a house so large. I got lost just following you through the photos.
Cindy

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

What an incredible house. I love the dark wood floors, something you don't always see in Florida. You certainly came to visit the right week for warm weather, 'cause it's chilly here this weekend.

Thanks for hosting as always. I brought some French comfort food - Ina Garten's Beef Bourguignon.
Sam

tablescapesbybev said...

How beautiful! That closet is to die for! Thanks for sharing these great photos.

Jojo said...

Good golly, that was a trip to paradise. Between the pool and the closet, what more could one ask for!! Loved the tour!

Unknown said...

I can't even think of a word that has not been used to express how lovely that house is. The kitchen is amazing. That closet is a woman's dream room. My oh my. LOVE IT!!!!!

priscilla said...

WOW !!! What a beautiful home ! Thanks for the tour :)

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful home. I would feel like royalty relaxing there. I love the blue fabric they used on their pillows and chair. Thanks for the gorgeous tour.

Crystal Grandeur said...



Truly a beautiful house to live in.Each room has it's own story to tell...lovely decor and thanks for taking around the house......:):)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Wow! So pretty! Thanks for taking us along for an enjoyable glimpse of this gorgeous home.

Carolyn Robbins said...

What a beautiful home!
Glad you had a wonderful
visit.

Thank you for hosting us
each weekend.

Bear Hugs,
Carolyn

Christine Graves said...

Love the house. I can't pick my favorite spot yet. Thanks for sharing it and hosting a great party!

Dani said...

What a beautiful home! I'll bet you had a wonderful time. Thank you for stopping by my blog and hosting. Blessings, Dani

The Mandatory Mooch said...

Wow, what a beautiful home and getaway. Thanks for sharing and hosting. Nichi

Kathleen said...

Wow, that is amazing! I wouldn't want to leave, well in the winter anyway! I wouldn't want to be in FL in the summer.
So many gorgeous details, and huge! Great party house!

Diane Jordan said...

Hi lovely lady.
This house is Gorgeous !!!Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new tablescape "La Chef" I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.
XXOO Diane

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Magnificent home!!..So loved the tour!...Thanks for hosting!

Diane said...

Wow oh wow! Amazing tour, amazing home. Loved the tour.

Sherry said...

What an amazing house! Loved the tour. What got me was the Ferrari.:)
Sherry

Cottage and Broome said...

Wow! What an amazing house, so good to have friends that are willing to share their space! I'm sure you had a wonderful time. It is still snowing up north! Thanks for hosting, Laura

Heather SettingforFour said...

Thanks for the tour of your friends gorgeous home! Wow! Thanks for hosting your party! I'd love for you to swing by my linky party Project Inspire{d} tomorrow (opens at 8 pm EST!!) Thanks and have a wonderful week :D

Deanna said...

Thank you for sharing pics of this mansion.
What a resort!!!

God bless,
d

Eileen said...

Wow. What a beautiful house. It must have been wonderful to stay there.

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm not sure words have yet been invented to describe how I feel about this house. WOW!!!!! I LOVE the butler pantry ceiling and the wine cellar doors...and the lifts in the garage!!! What a great idea!!!

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

Oh my gosh...I have some friends with extremely nice homes, but this beats them! How gorgeous and yet it looks comfortable and not at all cold. Lucky you and lucky them! Everything is so tasteful. The kitchen, a dream and I love the library! I loved the tour!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! I hope you are having a good week!

Hugs,
Debbie