Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Casual Valentine

country French Valentine 006

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

country French Valentine 091

Valentine’s Day makes many think of romance…

country French Valentine 027

…and time for just the two of you.

country French Valentine 005

But Valentine’s Day is also about celebrating those you love.

country French Valentine 006

Gather your family…

country French Valentine 050

…around the table…

country French Valentine 014

…for some special time with those you love.

country French Valentine 018

Valentines can come in all shapes…

country French Valentine 020

…and sizes.

country French Valentine 063

Inspiration for this table started with the tablecloth, a recent purchase from HomeGoods.

country French Valentine 081

The napkins followed. The touch of taupe give a different Valentine feel. The napkin rings were purchased as some off season sale at Hobby Lobby.

country French Valentine 036

country French Valentine 037The hearts were purchased this summer at the Pottery Barn Outlet while on a shopping excursion with Kathleen. They’ve been tucked away, waiting for their debut.

country French Valentine 041

country French Valentine 042I purchased these interestingly shaped plates (almost a bowl) at a local store called Peter Andrews. One can never have too much white! I think this my be my first time using them.

country French Valentine 044

country French Valentine 048Love, love, love these plates. I think I got them last year. The moment I walked into HomeGoods and spied them, I knew I had to have them.

country French Valentine 072

I’ve had the flatware for years. Hard to believe it’s from Walmart.

country French Valentine 075

Love these cute glasses. Wish I could find them again. They were a dollar store purchase.

country French Valentine 012

So fun how this all came together: tray by Mary Carol Garrity;  tiered metal container from Hobby Lobby; rock hearts from Pottery Barn; cloth hearts from HomeGoods; little red velvet hearts from Dollar Tree.

country French Valentine 057

Whether it’s one or more, I hope you’re with those you love on Valentine’s Day.

country French Valentine 046

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday; D├ęcor to Adore Valentine Party; Laurie’s Valentine Party.

- The Tablescaper

34 comments:

The Dragonfly On Iron Gate said...

I Love to be the first one to comment here ! LOVE... the table and everything you did... And yes I see your pottery barn heart dishes YOU were the one that bought them all ! I was so mad they were sold out! I'll get over it...(snit) they do look lovely. Can you believe it's the best holiday of the year! The celebration of LOVE and Chocolate. (sorry Santa) Beautiful Table, Blog and Snap ~ Style! Jules ~ The Dragonfly On Iron Gate ♥

Diane said...

What wonderful bargains you found! The whole table is so different and your attention to detail always amazes me! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Pat said...

How gorgeous is this! The dinner plate looks like a doily. I love it all.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is just the prettiest Valentine table. I love the tablecloth and how the napkins aren't pure white and red. You always set a fun table!
hugs,
Linda

Blondie's Journal said...

I really do love your fun centerpiece, it all came together perfectly and is so cute! I'm totally in love with your napkins, perfectly casual. And I would have jumped at those pretty plates, too! Very nice! :)

XO,
Jane

Kathleen said...

That is a perfect table for the family! Love it all, the heart glasses are cute.And those lace plates, wow!
I dug out my hearts from PB too. And my heart rocks, too! Next week!
I almost didn't make it, but I slugged through it!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Susan said...

I LOVE your table! I love the combination of hearts and candles in the tray and your new white plate and heart bowls are lovely. You have such a special talent for taking so many different elements and getting them to work together beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Gina said...

I love this table so much, I'm not sure where to begin! The tablecloth, the napkins, the glasses & those white plates...all so pretty. I love the tiered metal piece for the centerpiece as well. Fantastic job, Alma!

Sarah said...

This is such a happy table to celebrate those you love. I'm admiring every detail. Love the natural colors with the red and white. Your Valentine table really makes me smile. Wish I were having dinner there tonight.

Marlis said...

OOOH. I am sooo smitten with those plates. I would have snatched up the whole lot of them! I love the tablecloth! Seeing this must makes me smile. I love it.. xo marlis

Alycia Nichols said...

This is such a sweet table with all the thoughtful little elements gathered that make a person stop and FEEL the love. Those stone hearts are adorable!!! And those white fabulously lacy white plates!!!!!! I would have mowed everybody in my path down to get to those! They're like a doily...but much, much cooler! I love the casual vibe of it all. The perfect way to spend a laid back Valentine's Day evening! I hope you and your family enjoy a good one!

Designs By Pinky said...

Beautiful!!! I love the new white plates too!!!!! Just gorgeous. I remember the heart glasses from Dollar Tree, wish I had gotten some. Wishing you a HEARTfelt Valentine's:):) XO, Pinky

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

I really enjoyed this table! I like how the colors are more muted than many Valentines decorations giving it a soft, comfortable feel for celebrating with loved ones. That tablecloth is fabulous!

Tea in Texas said...

I love the idea of sharing Valentine's Day with family! The table is set for a wonderful place to gather. The different textures, colors and shapes in your tablescape brings out the traditional and romantic with a great twist. My favorite is your centerpiece with the different hearts! Very special way to share with your family!

Pam

Heather said...

I love all your neutrals and reds together, the dishes and candles, mini pillows..you have so many clever touches!!

Tricia said...

Such a warm and welcoming table! I especially those darling glasses and the pretty napkins. I know your family is enjoying this setting for daily meals this week!

The enchanted home said...

What a stunning tablescape....so sweet looking for the sweetest day of the year!

Marie said...

Love it!

Curtains in My Tree said...


I like the glasses with the hearts also. I guess I just never look at dollar store

Happy valentines Day

Marigene said...

Gorgeous table...so much texture in the dishes alone. The dinner plate is beautiful...you always seem to find interesting dishes.

Deanna said...

Dear One, You have created a HEART WARMING Table that would be fun to share with others so they feel extra special.

I really like the silverware! Especially like the lacie dishes. Flat out gorgeous!!! I would have had to have some of those if I came across them. BeAuTiFuL.

All the details you have used makes for a spectacular table.

God bless and shine on,
d

Crystal Grandeur said...



A Perfect table for the season.Heart shaped stem wear looks so pretty.everything looks so good...:):):)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your table is so pretty and sweet. The touch of taupe keeps it from being too sweet and kitchy... and elevates it. I'm going to remember to use a soft taupe in my next red and white tablescape.
I wish my HomeGood's was like yours.I don't see much of the great buys you show. That white lacy plate is gorgeous... and you are right, you can't have too many white plates.
I'll stop back this evening for Seasonal Sunday.

sissie said...

This is one of the prettiest Valentine tablescapes I've seen. The tablecloth is so pretty with just the right touch of red. The dinnerware, the hearts, the plates, the flatware....love it all.

hugs
Sissie

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

I really like the added touches of taupe! They give your casual Valentine table a slightly rustic/country edge that is really charming. What a perfect table around which to gather your family!

Mary said...

LOVE! Your trayscape centerpiece is a warm & heartfelt collection of items~ love the heart stones! Love the shape of your new white plates!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

You have set a table filled with love. Enjoy! I wish Walmart still offered that beautiful red flatware.

sweet violets said...

I love this table!!! There are so many special elements displayed here....wonderful how you put them all together!!! Love that tablecloth!!! And the lace plates....what's not to love here???

The price range is amazing, we have more freedom today to decorate!!!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

There's so much to love about this tablescape - love the dishes - I am with you! Love the tablecloth, the candles - the tray and the sweet cups - all came together perfectly for your Country French Valentine tablescape - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Party - I do appreciate you sharing,
Kathy

Jewel Sauls said...

It's all lovely especially the lacy white plates (almost a bowl)!

Betty Stapleton said...

Beautiful all of it, love everything... Especially the glasses, then the napkin rings, the heart shaped plates. All is just gorgeous

Laurie Ritchey said...

You find the best "stuff" for tablescaping. I love that tiered bucket centerpiece. And oh my gosh! I can see why you couldn't pass up those gorgeous plates with the lacy looking border. I really like that the tablecloth looks like ticking, and your heart dishes and those adorable heart stems are so perfect for a Valentine setting. Thank you for linking to my party. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

That is one beautiful table for Valentine's Day! Just beautiful!
I love the tablecloth so much, was it expensive? Love the PB heart bowls too!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your centerpiece is a delight! I adore the tablecloth too!