Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Santa Lucia

concert prep 026

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

concert prep 025

I’m woefully late in getting my tablescape posted this week…

concert prep 015

…but there is just too much going on!!!

concert prep 013

My good friend Barbara is part of a group of ladies…

concert prep 026

…that celebrate Santa Lucia each year.

concert prep 052

This year it was Barbara’s turn to host…

concert prep 019

…and she invited me to join in the festivities.

concert prep 032

Santa Lucia is celebrated on December 13 and honors a young Christian girl, martyred in ancient Rome,…

concert prep 031

…who is always portrayed with her head encircled by a halo of lights.

concert prep 074

Thanks to battery operated lights, our Santa Lucia girl was much safer.

.
concert prep 009

The celebration began with all of the provisions…

concert prep 011

…to start the festivities.

concert prep 028

There were many goodies…

concert prep 016

…as the morning lingered into the day.

concert prep 061

Barbara’s home was fully bedecked for the occasion.

concert prep 062

There was a full size tree in the dining room and…

concert prep 067

…even the chairs were adorned.

concert prep 065

I’m not sure who’s hosting next year, but I sure hope I get invited!

Tip: Want to entertain but don’t have time to cook? Everyone brought something to Barbara’s event. She took care of the table and hosting. Share the efforts!

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

16 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Perfect idea, everyone brings a dish or a goodie. Everyone is so busy and lots of gals are exhausted. :) Barbara's home is gorgeous, she needs to blog. xo

Marigene said...

Everything is so festive...and all that food looks delicious!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I love those dishes with the gold lettering! Looks like your friend did a magnificent job of preparing. The gingerbread house is spectacular. I remember St. Lucia from the American Girl doll--I think it was Kirsten if she was the one from Scandinavia. We baked little cookies and piled them into a tree, and Charlotte had a dress to match the doll. Such wonderful memories! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Linda

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a festive event--the table and all the decorations are so lovely.

kitty said...

I just went to a luncheon today where we all brought something, too. It does make it so much easier and you get a variety of dishes. I've never been to a St. Lucia , but it sounds like a perfect reason to party.

Deanna said...

Loved this post!
Such fun and glad you shared with us in blogland.
May you have a wonderful Christmas. Can you believe it....just around the corner.
God bless,
d

Meredith said...

What a beautiful party. Merry Christmas!!

Entertaining Women said...

The St. Lucia celebration was beautiful. I hope that you're invited next year, too. Pot Luck always makes a luncheon or dinner so much easier to accomplish. I hope that you're invited again, too. Merry Christmas! Cherry Kay

Sarah said...

This is a fun idea for a party. And I agree about sharing the effort. I hosted a party Tuesday afternoon with my Mah Jongg group. Everyone brought food and drinks. All I had to do was get my house ready. ;-)
~ Sarah

Alycia Nichols said...

I first heard of the celebration of Santa Lucia when I saw the 1994 movie "The Ref" with Dennis Leary, Kevin Spacey and Judy Davis. (Hilarious Christmas movie!!!) What a nice party your friend hosted!!! She has some beautiful serving pieces! I like the idea of everyone bringing something. It REALLY takes a lot of pressure off! Have a great weekend, and I wish you and your family a very, very Merry Christmas!

Tea in Texas said...

Lovely post and so perfect for a special "Holiday Party"! I am glad you were invited to the Santa Lucia party for the photos are gorgeous. The Santa doll is a wonderful centerpiece. All the decorations are very festive especially the gingerbread house! I hope you are invited again and thanks for sharing this beautiful event!

Pam

Kathleen said...

Was it lunch or breakfast?
It looks lovely! The Scandinavian heritage girls always picked that to do a report on for holidays around the world reports in school.
I have those star trays too, from Noritake years ago, great that they screw apart and easily stored. If you host next year, I will lend you mine, lol.
How lucky you are to be able to attend these luncheons, nice!

xinex said...

Beautiful all over and Santa Lucia is very pretty...Christine

Pattie T. said...

What tremendous fun, and that table is just gorgeous! Your real-life Santa Lucia girl looked like she was having a lot of fun (and is no doubt a good sport to boot!).

Mary said...

What a beautiful table and I love the gingerbread house! So much more fun when everyone lends a hand and brings a dish! I love your Santa Lucia girl & her sense of fun! :)

Babs said...

How exciting to celebrate Santa Lucia with a gorgeous tablescape, and a good tip for everyone to bring a dish to party.
I hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever.
Hugs,
Babs