Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year’s Eve Celebration

Christmas Eve 056

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Christmas Eve 007

It’s a season of celebrating.

Christmas Eve 061

We celebrate Christmas Eve,…

Christmas Eve 015

Christmas Day,…

Christmas Eve 010

…New Year’s Eve, and…

Christmas Eve 071

…New Year’s Day.

Christmas Eve 043 Our celebration started with cheese and crackers, crudité and shrimp cocktail.

Christmas Eve 017

Christmas Eve 018  Followed by a first course of sushi.The snowflake plates were for the soy sauce (from Michaels).

Christmas Eve 020

The clear glass plates  with the snow flakes (from Ikea) held the sushi.

Christmas Eve 023

Christmas Eve 024 The dinner plates were my Mother-in-law’s. So great to have them be a part of our celebration. They held twice baked potatoes, asparagus, filet mignon and lobster. The lacy chargers reminded me of snowflakes (Ikea).

Christmas Eve 027

The little bowls (Ikea) held the warm melted butter to dip the lobster in.

Christmas Eve 082

Some had the design on the outside and some on the inside.

Christmas Eve 025

A snowflake held each person’s place

Christmas Eve 081

Along with a bit of sparkle at their chair.

Christmas Eve 035

As well as a snowflake to hold your napkin (napkins and napkin rings from C Wonder).

Christmas Eve 032

And of course a cracker to complete the celebration.

Christmas Eve 056

We celebrate many different things…

Christmas Eve 090

…at this time of the year.

Christmas Eve 067

and each have a bit of sparkle!

Christmas Eve 068

Hope that you’re enjoying…

Christmas Eve 074

…every bit of the season.

Can’t wait to hear about your celebrations!

Tip: Celebrate the holidays!  No matter what the day, celebrate the day! There is much to be celebrated.

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

24 comments:

Tricia said...

So beautiful! I love all the sparkle and the different textures, from the froth of the chair decorations to the lacy placemats to the shiny trees.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous tablescape! Love that silver settings.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope you had a dazzling Christmas.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

A Very Happy New Year to you and yours!

Greetings from Singapore~ Sanghamitra

Jessica White said...

Just lovely! As much as I love color, my favorite tables this time of year are those with sparkle and soft neutrals. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us!
Jessica @ A Humble Creation

Entertaining Women said...

Beautiful...restful...a table to induce welcome conversations looking back over things overcome and forward to new adventures. BTW...there are currently two eBay auctions active for the Haviland Twelve Days of Christmas plate sets...one for $200 and one for $60.00....hmmm...I'm thinking $60. Happy hunting and Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

lulumusing said...

Sparkle and shine works for me any time as there is so much to celebrate. As always, you pull things together beautifully.

Barbara F. said...

Gorgeous, as always. Love the menu! It is good to celebrate, whether big or small. xo

Meredith said...

Absolutely stunning! Happy Holidays to you!

kitty said...

What serene loveliness in your dining with a bit of sparkle. I'm really in love with the lacy chargers from Ikea. Hmmm, I need to make a trip. Happy New Year.

Kathleen said...

How beautiful, definitely lends itself to New Years! Love those chargers from Ikea, I never got there to get them. :(
Did you have your usual number? I thought yo had a bigger crowd.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Alycia Nichols said...

I love the greenery treatment around your candlesticks!!! I have tried to do that using the Flora-Foam (I think that's the brand name) thingys, but I just get frustrated and give up. Yours look terrific! The place settings are perfect for this snowflake extravaganza! Your Ikea purchases are really great. I can't wait for Ikea to come to this area in 2014!!! It will be about a 35-minute drive, but well worth it! Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!

SizzleandZoom said...

Gorgeous! I put crackers on my Christmas table.

Marigene said...

Just gorgeous, Alma! Lots of bling between the crystal and silver...
Wishing you a Happy Healthy New Year.

Maria C said...

What is it about a white/silver table that is just so utterly beautiful? Love yours! I really like what you did with the candle sticks, too! Happy New Year!

Jeannie and Linda said...

I really enjoyed your beatiful post, Alma! I don't know how I have missed your blog but we joined you today! I can't wait to explore all your other posts!

Please visit the French Nens Nest and maybe you will join us.

Wishing you and yours a very blessed and happy new year.

Linda and Jeannie @ The French Hens Nest.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Stunning silver and sparkle and I adore your mercury glass trees - I have only one, but might keep my eye out for more! Happy New Year

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Sure enjoyed that dazzling white table with the lovely touches of greenery. Love those beautiful glass trees..........they are so lovely.
Hope you have a Joyous New Year,
blessings, Nellie

Laurie Ritchey said...

So many beautiful snowflakes on this table, and those mercury glass trees are such a pretty accompaniment. I can't believe all of the snowflake-related treasures you have - even the crackers have snowflakes on them. This table just sparkles. laurie

Sarah said...

Each table is lovely and says celebration with all the fabulous details.
I see there is a Sarah in your family. ;-) Did you do the beautiful calligraphy on these place cards? They are gorgeous.......Sarah

Daphne said...

I have not been by in a while. I LOVE the redecorated dining room. I also have gray walls in mine, and they are just the perfect backdrop for tablescaping.

Happy New Year!

Magnolia Cottage said...

Love the mercury glass trees and snowflake plates. Looks fabulous!
Wishing you all the best in the New year.
hugs,
Lisa

swedecollection said...

You did a fabulous job on this table. Silver and whites really look elegant. Love the mercury glass trees as I collect those also. Wish I lived near Ikea as those items really added to the design - drooling over those chargers. Loved how you wove the snowflake theme into the tablescape in so many ways.

Sherry said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

The HOME GIRL said...

What a beautiful and special table for such a beautiful and special time of year! Love it!!!

Deanna said...

Dear One, This is such a pretty post with your gorgeous tables you have created. I love seeing what you are sharing in blogland!

May you have a delightful new year!

The snowflakes are a symbol to me about cold weather and winter wonderland in January. Your snowflake theme is fitting and I love it.

God bless,
d