Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MacKenzie Childs Celebration

Christmas Prep 021

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Christmas Prep 016

Each year a Benefit House Tour takes place in my village.

Christmas Prep 023

My good friend Nancy started the tradition of having us over for dinner after the tour.

Christmas Prep 047

Unfortunately, this year there was no tour, but Nancy decided to have her House Tour Dinner anyway!

Christmas Prep 004

We started the evening with Pomegranate Martinis (glasses from Pier One).

Christmas Prep 031

Nancy has an amazing collection of MacKenzie-Childs and we were lucky enough to dine with it.

Christmas Prep 033

She debuted her new dinner plates that her Mom is giving her for Christmas (lucky for us, she got to use them early!).

Christmas Prep 020

There were MacKenzie-Childs candlestick holders and…

Christmas Prep 021

…a centerpiece,…

Christmas Prep 036

…and even glasses!

Christmas Prep 035

Love the gold mercury glass.

Christmas Prep 025

We had such a wonderful evening with our terrific hostess, Nancy!

Tip: Never miss an opportunity to enjoy your friends and celebrate. The House Tour didn’t happen, but Nancy had her dinner anyway. Enjoy and embrace life. Have your friend to your home!

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

27 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Absolutely stunning! The table setting is to die for - and lucky you to sit there and enjoy it all!!

Alycia Nichols said...

I am tee-totally digging Nancy's style!!! She did a beautiful job with the table! Her Mom has a good eye. GORGEOUS dishes!!! I immediately recognized those beautiful Pier 1 stems. They are real eye catchers! You live in a village? That's cool! There are no "villages" per se here in the Midwest. I find the name enchanting and romantic!

kitty said...

What a gorgeous table with all that Mackenzie- Childs dinnerware.

Marlis said...

Just gorgeous.. Love her new plates. and Yes, very blessed to be able to use them early. The table looks exquisite.. thanks for sharing.. xo marlis

Babs said...

Nancy really has a beautiful collection of MacKenzie-Childs pieces. How exciting that you were able to use them for the party...great martini glasses, too.

Mary said...

Oh my...what wonderful dishes and table!

Kathleen said...

That is beautiful! You didn't tell me about that! She did a great job!

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

You had me at "Pomegranate Martinis".

Lovely table!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a great tablescape! So unique! Very nice that she didn't let the no tour decision stop her from sharing with friends! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Merry Christmas!

Katherine

Sonia said...

Gorgeous and so elegant! What a treat to dine at that table! Merry Christmas!
Miss Bloomers

Scribbler said...

You are spot on -- I love having people around my table even if there is no good reason. It was a treat to see Nancy's collection. I really love the candlesticks.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...those dishes are fabulous!

Entertaining Women said...

Ooh, I've skirted the Mackenzie-Childs patterns (with the exception of a few Courtly Check pieces) for many years....but, I may have just spotted a new design that I want to add to my dish collection. Such a magnificent, warm, and sophisticated design. The tour may not have taken place, but the relationships are certainly flourishing....and that's one of the most important things about Christmas. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I have never heard of Mackenzie-Childs before, so I learned something new here today--thank you! This tablescape is so beautiful, and how lovely that your friend had everyone over even though the situation changed--I love that! Thank you so much for your wonderful photos, and sharing this lovely setting with us.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Oh, I can't believe she has so much McKenzie Childs stuff, I wouldn't even be able to eat at that table I would be in so much awe...Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!
Jenna

Infuse With Liz said...

Wow, that's a fine table! What a lucky girl she is to have such a nice gift given to her! Very pretty table!

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

I totally agree...grab every opportunity to spend time celebrating (or even just relaxing) with family and friends!

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

oh WOW! I'm in love with those dinner plates! Such a pretty table!! Thank you for sharing!

Designs By Pinky said...

That was a great table, and you are right, seize every moment you can!!! The MC dishes and glasses are fabulous! I know you all had a great evening. XO, pinky

Sarah said...

Oh, how I'd love to have Santa bring me a set of those dinner plates. LOL They are stunning! Lucky you to get to dine at this table with good friends. Every detail makes my heart flutter. Thanks for sharing Nancy's tablescape. Tell her I'm feeling a bit green this evening......Sarah

Beth said...

What a gorgeous table! Thanks for showing it. I enjoyed seeing Nancy's table.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

From one Mackenzie-Childs collector to another, please tell Nancy that I love her new plates. Lucky you to be part of her celebration!

"Create Beauty" said...

What a gorgeous table! Your friend really knows how to celebrate friendship!!!

Christmas Blessings!
~ Violet

Jacqueline said...

I am with Sarah! I need a Santa in order to get those!!! They sent me a catalog this year - probably because I was looking at their site. Wow, unbelievable prices. I just adore everything. What a lucky gal.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

This tablescape is exquisite - so glad your friend continued the tradition - hopefully the tour will occur next year - love those dishes! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday - I will be featuring your post! I have moved my blog -you can find me at http://adelightsomelife.com
Kathy

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Gorgeous dishes - wasn't sure if I'd left a message - wanted to make sure I let you know your post will be featured in my upcoming Home and Garden Thursday party. I have moved my blog, too. You can find me at http://adelightsomelife.com
Kathy

The HOME GIRL said...

This looks so warm and friendly! What a nice way to spend an evening...in such a pretty setting!!