Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Breakfast

olive and gold 088

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

olive and gold 035

As that special day gets closer…

olive and gold 013

…the planning begins.

olive and gold 034

Every meal at Christmas…

olive and gold 027

…is special.

olive and gold 028

So every meal gets that extra bit of attention.

olive and gold 088

The inspiration for this table began…

olive and gold 060

…with this runner. It has a new take on those traditional Christmas colors.

olive and gold 021

The angels that adorn my staircase were borrowed for the table.

olive and gold 047

And then the layering began – a little ramekin from Target with a a golden ornament from Christmas Tree;

olive and gold 052

olive and gold 053 new Mary Carol plates purchased this summer at Christmas Tree;

olive and gold 055

olive and gold 056 good ‘ole Dollar Tree dinner plates;

olive and gold 057

olive and gold 058 my glorious Villeroy & Boch chargers;

olive and gold 059

…all upon a placemat from Christmas Tree.

olive and gold 084

Vintage candle stick holders that were my grandparents.

 

olive and gold 015

The golden bowl from HomeGoods was filled with vintage ornaments…

olive and gold 077

…many of which were on my Dad’s tree when he was a child.

olive and gold 062

The napkins from HomeGoods have been used several times.

olive and gold 076

The flatware from JC Penney’s.

olive and gold 042

This is one of my favorite kinds of tables – filled with high end and dollar store!

olive and gold 079

Hope you’re having fun…

olive and gold 070

…planning your special tables!

olive and gold 090

Tip:  Mix things up a bit. Try a different shade of a traditional holiday color. Here I used an olive green, rather than the more traditional hunter. Also, borrow d├ęcor from other parts of your home.

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

22 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful, Of course! Love the angels. xo

Red Couch Recipes said...

Green and gold are perfect for the holidays. It is such a lovely table. I love the ne Mary Carol plates and the VB chargers that are absolutely favulous. Love the baubles in the HG bowl too. Love the high end and the less expensive combined too. Joni

Pat said...

The colors and textures are wonderful! Love the lighting in these photos too!

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

Lovely table! So very original, with the olive and gold.
Gorgeous chargers.

Sarah said...

Your table is filled with gorgeous elements, including the sunshine streaming across. This is a beautiful post!

allisamazing said...

Your table is lovely!

Kathleen said...

Of course I envy those VB chargers. Seeing them in person I know how gorgeous they are.
So nice you have things of your grandparents.
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

Sonia said...

Elegant and gorgeous! Love those gold chargers and the green and gold theme is beautiful!
Miss Bloomers

Alycia Nichols said...

I am SO with you on blending wallet-busting elements with bargain pieces! It's all about the look and feel of the combination. Those chargers are just too gorgeous!!! I mean, wow!!! I love those! And that bowl with the vintage ornaments!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet that bowl feels so cool! Beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Just a beautiful table I love the stemware the green is grogeous.

Cynthia

Sandra Lee said...

We were thinking in the same color palette today. I'm still editing pictures. I love how your table sparkles, its very pretty.

SizzleandZoom said...

This is a beautiful table and my favorite shot is the golden bowl from Home Goods filled with ornaments.

Elaine said...

It ALL looks high end to me! Love green and gold for Christmas, and you have done it beautifully!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Such a pretty table! The elements and layers work together beautifully!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Your runner is so pretty, I can see lots of possibilities for that in any season. Such an eclectic mix of materials here, but you made it work perfectly!
Jenna

Marigene said...

Oh, you know I love this table with all that glorious green! The chargers are beautiful.

Scribbler said...

I am having severe charger envy! This is a wonderful sentiment, the idea of doing something special at every meal.

Marlis said...

Loving these colors and the fact that the only Christmas thing is an ornament.. And it still looks Christmas.. just fabulous. I do so love those chargers.. oh my. they take my breath away.. Just gorgeous.. xo marlis

mail4rosey said...

Everything looks great, and I love the big, beautiful pictures!

Visiting you from Thursday's Favorite Things.

michele said...

beautiful styling, and i love the reflective lovely!

hope you will have a chance to stop by, and today i am hosting a giveaway. hope you win! http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

peace to you.

michele

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

This is a glorious tablescape. I love your use of olive and gold together, the stemware is so pretty, and those chargers--wow! I love many of the Dollar Store plates that I see, and so I was glad to see you included them as well. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Sherry said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a Merry Christmas!
Sherry