Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful

burgundy Thanksgiving 031

Welcome to the Tablescaper. We at the Tablescaper household have all survived Hurricane Sandy and life is starting to get back in order. We are truly thankful.  It’s given me great incentive to clean up and clean out and donate!

While I’m trying to get my act back together, I’m sharing one of my favorite Thanksgiving tables. Love the richness of all of the color.

 

 

A Burgundy Thanksgiving

 

 

burgundy Thanksgiving 003

I hope that you and your family are enjoying a blessed Thanksgiving this year.

burgundy Thanksgiving 008

Regardless of the many fictitious and romanticized stories surrounding the origins of Thanksgiving,…

burgundy Thanksgiving 014

…it is a wonderful thing that once a year our entire nation pauses to give thanks.

burgundy Thanksgiving 010

And to enjoy the bounty that surrounds us.

burgundy Thanksgiving 038

The inspiration for this table started with this Ralph Lauren tablecloth.

burgundy Thanksgiving 026

I was thrilled that these turkey towels cum napkins (a purchase last year from Christmas Tree) blended so well.

burgundy Thanksgiving 036

They provided the opportunity to use my Pottery Barn chargers. I purchased them quite a number of years ago at the Pottery Barn outlet. The Portuguese taupe dinner plates are a recent purchase from HomeGoods. I’m such a color person that I’m not usually drawn to neutral shades, but sometimes that’s just what you need to pull it all together. On a shopping trip this Summer with my good buddy, Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen, I scored these salad plates on clearance at Pier 1. I love how they match the Pottery Barn chargers.

burgundy Thanksgiving 022burgundy Thanksgiving 021burgundy Thanksgiving 017

burgundy Thanksgiving 013

The stack is topped off with transferware plates from my trip to Brimfield!

burgundy Thanksgiving 016

burgundy Thanksgiving 047

The little glass turkeys were a Christmas Tree last year. The goblets were from HomeGoods several years ago.

burgundy Thanksgiving 031

This fine fellow I purchased last year! He’s a tureen by Spode.

 

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

28 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous table! I love the paisley tablecloth which provides the perfect backdrop. That turkey is pretty great too!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Such a beautiful table. I love how the cloth and napkins pick up the colors in the dishes and the dishes pick up the color in the stemwear and etc, etc, and that tureen just tops it all off. Just beautiful and glad you are OK from the storm..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Marigene said...

Gobble, gobble...nice tureen!

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Oh, MY...just beautiful! I am in love with the turkey tureen and the small individual turkeys on the plates. This is just lovely!
Nancy

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

So very pretty. I have that same turkey...isn't he cute! Have a good night.
Tammy

Dianne said...

Elegant, beautiful, but also warm and inviting. Love the table cloth. Dianne

Kathleen said...

Beautiful table, love the rich colors. That tablecloth is gorgeous.
It reminded me I have one with similar colors I must dig out and use!
Glad you are back to normal, we were both lucky not to have much damage.

Barbara F. said...

Alma, just gorgeous. I need to find new adjectives when visiting here. :) I love the burgundy with the green, and the soup tureen!!! I love that cheerful turkey. I always serve soup at Thanksgiving. And then make a big old pot of turkey soup over the weekend. I am glad you are back into the swing of things. LIPA needs a huge wake up call. xo

Ann Krucek said...

I am glad to hear that things are getting back to "normal". Normal is good!! Thanks for sharing a favorite, I would have missed another beautiful table.

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm with you for sure on that one: The reason for the season is to share with family and friends! I am always so grateful to be able to do so. This year will be a quiet one for us, but next year I will have our home once again filled with family for a big ol' feast. I know that you have much to be thankful for in the wake of the hurricane, and I am grateful that you didn't suffer any worse damage than you did. I see that many are STILL without power. I hope that you and your family are blessed with a safe, happy, and loving Thanksgiving.

Jacqueline said...

How awesome is that tureen? He is stunning and he just sets the tone for your beautiful table! I love the colors in your table and those green turkeys are wonderful. Mine are clear, but that's all I ever saw so I feel lucky to have them and have had them for years. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

Beautiful and worth sharing again. Love the paisley tablecloth and the napkins. Good to see a post from you. I know life must be very stressful. I think of your everyday........Sarah

Sue said...

First....glad everything is fine after the storm for you and your family.....and that tablecloth is stunning...I should have known when I saw paisley that it was Ralph Lauren....I love anything Ralph. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Infuse With Liz said...

Beautifully done! Love your turkey tureen! The colors in your tablecloth are perfect and I love your Avondale dishes! It's good to hear you are doing well after the hurricane mess. I hope they can get electric and heat on soon for the ones still waiting.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This is a beautiful tablescape... so rich and lush!!!! I don't remember seeing it before, I am so glad you decided to share it again. Those little gobblers are stunning!
A, you are in my prayers and thoughts.I hope all is well with you and your family!
xo

Marlis said...

I love the richness of your table. The color is magnificent, so glad you had the tablecloth on which to build this masterpiece. Tom, the turkey is just beautiful. So thankful you and yours survived without much damage. Have a blessed thanksgivings.. xo marlis

Scribbler said...

Beautiful table! That Spode tureen is a turkey I could love. You have pulled the whole thing together to perfection.

I am happy to hear that life is returning to normal, and let's hope we don't see another one of these nasty storms for -- well, EVER!!!

ETS

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

Beautiful table. The colors match so perfectly. Love the turkey centerpiece and the transferware. The embroidered towels are perfect as napkins to complement that lovely tablecloth.
So glad you are safe and getting back to normal.

SizzleandZoom said...

Wonderful turkey centerpiece. The plates are lovely. Beautiful table.

Deanna said...

Dear One, A beautiful table you have shared. God bless you concerning Sandy. Hurricanes can do such damage...tis horrible. So many lost so much.

May you have a very meaningful Thanksgiving like none that you have had before. May it be super special!

God bless,
d

Crystal Grandeur said...



Such a beautiful table scape.love the rich colour combinations.everything looks lovely...:):)

Tea in Texas said...

Glad you and your family are getting back to normal! The transferware salads have wonderful hues for fall. The turkey is the perfect centerpiece with your glass turkey tureens. Beautiful tablescape!

Thanks, Pam

Lulu said...

Colorful, simple, warm and friendly...my favorite kind of table.

Shelia said...

I'm so happy to hear you're getting back to normal after Sandy. Your table is just beautiful and I adore that gorgeous tureen! Love the little chicken/turkey lidded dishes at each place setting. Your tablecloth is so pretty too.
Be a sweetie and happy Thanksgiving,
Shelia ;)

Mary said...

Oh I'm so glad to revisit your richly hued table! Your Tom Turkey is stunning and his plumage is perfect with your table cloth and napkins! I love your transferware. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cindy Adkins said...

A beautiful table and that's a gorgeous Turkey tureen! Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving!
Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Stunning table for Tksgiving! Love the turkey tureen and the glass small ones in each plate. The tablecloth and napkins brings all the lovely burgandy together in this gorgeous table. Thanks for sharing. Big hugs,
FABBY

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Just gorgeous (as always). I love the rich deep colors. Transferware is my favorite! So pretty!