Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pause and Gather

Glowing Thanksgiving 052

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Glowing Thanksgiving 075

Hope that you and yours are getting ready to spend a wonderful day together.

Glowing Thanksgiving 039

The concept of Thanksgiving is beautiful.

Glowing Thanksgiving 066

A day to gather together with those we love and…

Glowing Thanksgiving 031

…take the time to…

Glowing Thanksgiving 055

…be thankful.

Glowing Thanksgiving 074

We all lead such crazy busy lives,…

Glowing Thanksgiving 034

…that it’s just that much more important to pause…

Glowing Thanksgiving 064

…and gather…

Glowing Thanksgiving 045

…and be thankful.

Glowing Thanksgiving 061

There is much to be thankful for.

Glowing Thanksgiving 080

The inspiration for this table came from the material purchased this summer on an expedition with Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen. The lanterns are from Christmas Tree last year.

Glowing Thanksgiving 052

The willow mats were from Nell Hill’s; the tea towels cum napkins were a great find at Christmas Tree this year – 64 cents @!!!!; the dinner plate is by 222 Fifth – Maharana; and the salad plate is by Artistic Accents. The lidded pumpkin was an off season purchase at William Sonoma Outlet and the flatware is by Cambridge.

Glowing Thanksgiving 063

The goblets are from Walmart, a few years back.

Glowing Thanksgiving 026

The roosters are from Big Lots, quite a number of years ago. They were in the beginning of my collecting! Big Lots just doesn’t seem to carry the same types of things as they used to.

Glowing Thanksgiving 076

The pitcher and creamer and sugar are Spode. They were a pre-Black Friday score last year and have been hiding in my basement all year waiting for their big debut!

Glowing Thanksgiving 049

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving.

Tip: One of my favorites. Use material to cover your table instead of a tablecloth. The moment I spied this material back in August (at $3.00 a yard!!!) my mind went to Thanksgiving. That’s another thing. Keep your eyes open. You usually find the best deals – off season.

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

19 comments:

kitty said...

You never fail to have the "wow" factor on your gorgeous tablescapes. Those turkey tureens are wonderful and you always find the best deals with your pal, Kathleen. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving, Alma.

Meredith said...

Just beautiful! I love the fabric and all your details are exquisite as usual! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeanne Pursell said...

Just stopping by to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Barbara F. said...

How lucky to be a guest at one of your dinners. Love the glass roosters. I am transporting my Thanksgiving to Brooklyn, two guests with medical emergencies, so I cooked today, turkey being done by another person, and packing my Camry and riding off into the ....... traffic :(. I am thankful to be spending the holiday with these folks, though. xo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Another stunning table! I agree that you do find the best items off season! The warm colors make me so happy! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

hugs, Linda

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous, what wonderful colors! Love the turkeys standing tall.
The cloth looks beautiful!
Happy Tgiving, dear Alma!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, thoughtful post, Alma. I hope you and your family have a festive Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for your sweet friendship........Sarah

Kathleen said...

I mean roosters. I thought they were roosters, but someone said turkeys. I went back and looked!
It really came together beautifully!

iSavortheWeekend said...

Beautiful, warm and welcoming! Love the color scheme. Happy Thanksgiving!

Entertaining Women said...

So beautifully planned and executed. I told Kathleen that I'm certain that all the discount stores are glad to see the two of you up and running again. They do have to pay their overhead, and they depend on you two. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Happy Thanksgiving! Cherry Kay

Alycia Nichols said...

Ah! The lovely Maharana!!! One of my favorite fall patterns! I totally agree with you about the fabric on tables...you can really get a lot of color and pattern and texture going on that you might not be able to get by simply shopping for a tablecloth. SO many choices!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Ruthie Miller said...

You outdid yourself. Everything is just beautiful. You are so smart about the fabric. Love those turkey glass dishes on top. Those were a great find in quantity. Love the wooden with it too.
Happy Thanksgiving. You are inspirational.
Ruthie from:http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love the casual yet elegant feel you have created here with the printed fabric and rattan mats mixing with more formal china pieces. When I look at tablescapes I always try to pick out one element that is my VERY favorite and it has to be your new pumpkin sugar & creamer! Those are sooo cute! You are a bad influence on me, now I want to go shopping!! Happy Thanksgiving
Jenna

Scribbler said...

This table is soooo beautiful! It is quintessentially TGV. I, too, love using fabric to make my own tablecloths. Conversely, I have been known to use tablecloths like fabric when I can't find something I like on the bolt.

Have a wonderful day with your family.



Laurie Ritchey said...

You set such beautiful tables. You're right. That fabric is the perfect table cover. I LOVE those rooster compotes(?). I also love that flatware. Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving. laurie

All The Pretty Dishes said...


Lovely, as always. Thanks for leaving your kind comment saying you hoped I was okay since I had not posted. All is well just extremely busy. I really appreciate that you thought of me.

Randee

Pat said...

I love the hens on nests! Fabulous table!

Mary said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous table starting with your fabric and ending with your Spode pitcher, cream & sugar! I marvel at how Christmas Tree Shop keeps there lights on with the bargains that you and Kathleen find there. :) Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday weekend!