Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sophisticated Halloween

Sophisticated Halloween 097

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Sophisticated Halloween 124

I find it interesting to hear the comments of tablescaping bystanders.

Sophisticated Halloween 133

You know. Those in your home that tolerate all of our nonsense.

Sophisticated Halloween 110

Week after week of pulling out a ton of dishes,…

Sophisticated Halloween 135

…only to put them away…

Sophisticated Halloween 114

…without a morsel of food having touched them.

Sophisticated Halloween 149

Well, as I was preparing this table and…

Sophisticated Halloween 126

…my daughter walked by.

Sophisticated Halloween 144

Oh, she said,…

Sophisticated Halloween 097

“A sophisticated Halloween”.

Sophisticated Halloween 103

And so the name stuck!

Sophisticated Halloween 113

These black goblets were my score this week! I happened by a Williams Sonoma and they had these marked down to $5.00 @. They only had 5, but were able to locate more, so 7 more are on their way to me.

Sophisticated Halloween 100

Love the high drama of these napkin rings from Century 21. I think Kathleen may have been on that shopping trip. It’s when I got the sheer black topper and coordinating napkins.

Sophisticated Halloween 129

The treble clef flatware seemed the perfect choice.

Sophisticated Halloween 101

And it all started with this runner from HomeGoods, which I thought gave a bit of an elegant flare to Halloween.

Sophisticated Halloween 151

Hope you have many festivities planned!

Tip: When you’re tablescaping: layer, layer, layer! In this tablescape, I have a tablecloth, a topper and a runner – plus chargers. Even the napkins are layered. Layering adds so much depth to your table.

- tablecloth by Waterford

- napkin rings, sheer black overlay and matching napkins, Century 21

- runner, Century 21

- silver chargers, Christmas Tree

- dinner plates (so fun!) by Portobello, made in England

- black salad plates, my old Walmart black set, works with everything

- skeleton bowls, Dollar Tree! this year

- black goblets, Williams Sonoma

- mercury glass pumpkins, candle holders and votives – HomeGoods and Michael’s

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

30 comments:

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

So nice... It is a beautiful Halloween table with all the elegance.. Hugs, Cindy

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

I love that so much. Everything about it. The whole look is great and your daughter nailed it. Sophisticated Halloween! Perfect. I love the mix of black with the mercury glass. Love the skull bowls! Everything is great.

Barbara F. said...

Elegant it is, gorgeous. Love the little skel bowls, and that is a great tip about layering. xo

Designs By Pinky said...

This IS a sophisticated halloween table! I love it! The runner is perfect and I love the mercury glass. XO, Pinky

Rachel said...

Beautiful. I have those skelton bowls from Dollar Tree and they are not food safe, but they do look pretty as part of your tablescape.

Beth said...

Love your "Sophisticated Halloween" table! I'd love to share mine with you also, but beware, it's a bit on the scary side of Halloween.
Beth @ http://WelcomeLaneDesigns.com

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a great "sophisticated" table. I wish I had an extra table I could keep set for the holidays. Who would have thought the bowls would be at the Dollar Store? Love the dinner plates and your new goblets. Your photos are so beautiful. I don't know if I could photograph at night and have it turn out so well. Joni

Babs said...

Your daughter is so right..your table is sophisticated and very beautiful with the mercury glass..very bewitching. :) Happy Halloween,
Babs

Alycia Nichols said...

It's great when family gets on board...even if they don't realize that's what they're doing! Your daughter pegged it! Great score at Williams-Sonoma, and I'm glad they were able to locate 7 more for you. Twelve is just the magic number any way you look at it! The skeleton head bowls are really cool! They didn't make it to this part of the country, but I like them. Gorgeous napkin rings, and the runner is really fun!!! I like the way you layered all the linens, too.

Kathleen said...

Very sophisticated, yet the runner adds some whimsy! Love the stack, and the overlay and napkins look great.
Your new glasses are really nice!
Thanks for joining in at Let's Dish!

Marlis said...

She totally nailed the name of this table.. It's so sophisticated and so halloween. I love this.. The shiny pumpkins with those skull bowls.. Just perfection.. as always.. xo marlis

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

The name fits. Great table. Love the runner.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

A very sophisticated table for sure!
I love that runner and the layers are perfect. You are such a master at that! Hugs, Linda

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

A sophisticated halloween t ablescape if ever there was one!

Well done, it's a beauty to behold!

Sarah said...

Like the idea of a sophisticated Halloween. ;-) And this table is a good representation of just that. I totally agree about the layers, and I'd also add "texture". I love to mix textures with my linens and dishes. I notice you do the same........Sarah

Brooke said...

Looks very pretty!

Suzan Ross said...

Very pretty and your daughter is right...sophisticated! I'm wondering why you aren't using the table setting? It seems a shame that food and drink won't be enjoyed at it.Your beautiful tables get my kitchen creativity all a-flutter!

Mary said...

What gorgeous & elegant layers~ Halloween has been elevated to sophisticated heights at your table! I love the skull bowls and the animal print plates. Your candlelight is reflected spooktacularly off your mercury glass at the table!

Gatsbys Gardens said...

I never knew Halloween could be so beautiful!

Eileen

kitty said...

What a a perfectly sophisticated Halloween table. You're so good at layering cloths, dishes and accessories. Love those black goblets!!

Tammy Partin Spangler said...

It is sophisticated and I love it! Thanks for the tip on the layering! I am so jealous of those skeleton bowls! Our nearest Dollar Tree is small and doesn't hardly get anything like this!

Tina said...

What an amazing table setting! You knocked it out of the ballpark again.

Marigene said...

I agree with your daughter, this is one sophisticated table! Your talent at putting together tablescapes is impressive...

Debbie said...

Sophistication and drama! That's how I would describe it. I love the centerpiece area most of all. It's just fabulous.

And I agree about layering. I don't always do a great job of it, but I agree!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love all the mercury glass! We have the same pumpkins! Have a fabulous weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Gina said...

I love this sophisticated Halloween table! That runner is fantastic!

Your post made me smile, especially when it comes to the "tablescaping bystanders." lol

thepaintedapron.com said...

Ha Ha! My husband knows better than to get excited when he sees a tablescape around here! Your skeleton bowls are so cute, and I have sworn off Home Goods for a while, too easy to find stuff you HAVE to have! Thanks for all the wonderful inspirations, and I love your "sophisticated Halloween!"
Jenna

Maria C said...

Those black goblets were a huge score! Darn! I went looking for black goblets this season but didn't see these. I ended up using some old goblets I've had for a while instead. Perfect name for this table, and really beaufitul, too!

Entertaining Women said...

Sophistication with a twist. Great tip on layering...I totally agree. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Katherines Corner said...

Spooky and beautiful. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy Sunday wishes xo