Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Harvest Tones

rust 104

Welcome to The Tablescaper. As this post is so late, I’ve received several emails inquiring into my well being. I am fine and I thank you for your concern. The truth is – life is just too busy!

rust 073

I finally got my thoughts into all of the beautiful harvest tones…

rust 051

…and then I couldn’t even find a moment to post my table!

rust 027

Harvest…

rust 062

Fall…

rust 033

Autumn…

rust 007

Such a magical season…

rust 094

…filled with such warm, inviting tones.

rust 016

The bit of crispness is finally in the air.

rust 058

It’s welcoming to pull on a sweater.

rust 025 My big bargain of the season! Purchased from our new local dollar store – for yes, one dollar! While I only show 4 here, of course I got a dozen.

rust 038

The little glass leaves were an addition to my Fall collection, from Christmas Tree. As were the rust quilted placemats. Love the shade of rust.

rust 043

rust 046 Awesome paprika shaded plates. They were an addition last year, from HomeGoods…

rust 047

rust 049…as were these. Can you imagine if I ever made it to Portugal? I’d need my own boat to take home all of my dish purchases! LOL!

rust 019 Kathleen and I purchased these last year while bargain hunting at Christmas Tree. I have a quite a number of them. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? Perhaps I’ll send some your way.

rust 090

The “tablecloth” is again (same idea and tip as last week) actually a piece of material I purchased while bargain hunting with Kathleen this summer – $3.00 a yard!

rust 104

TIP: Don’t just use your wreath for hanging on your door! It looks great on your table too!

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold;  Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

31 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Your fall table is just gorgeous. Lots of great fall colours. You sure found some great bargains on your dishes!

sweetinspirationsbyjpdesigns said...

A fabulous table with fabulous photos. What camera do you use? I am looking for a new one!

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

You and Kathleen sure know how to shop. Gorgeous tablescapes as always.
Sam

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your table is beautifully festive. I love every single thing on it! And what makes it even more special is that you got it with Kathleen!
Miss Tablescaper, I think the colors are stunning and the placement of the flatware and the napkins make each placesetting look extra special.
You are certainly the queen of tablescaping!!!
Thanks for showing us how it is done at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I love the autumn season with all its rusty colors. This table makes me smile!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Gorgeous color on your table. Love your pretty leaf dishes and hose wonderful napkin rings! Glad you're doing well....I understand about the busy part!

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Oh, my, my, MY!!! How absolutely fabulous! That glass pumpkin is to die for! I love it all!!
Nancy

Barbara F. said...

This has to be one of my top fave tablescapes that you have done. My color ;-) love all shades, rust, burnt orange, peach, those leaf dishes are adorable, and I do happen to host Thanksgiving. xo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love this color palette! Your napkin rings are gorgeous!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Beautiful! Slowly but surely we're getting with the fall program, aren't we? The leaf dishes and the shimmery pumpkin are the best! ~Zuni

Cecilia Bramhall said...

Very, very pretty! Perfect look of Fall (my favorite time of year!)

Designs By Pinky said...

I love how you placed the flayware and I LOVE tyhe flatware! I have wanted a set ike that for some time. The colors on your table are beautiful. I, too, like the rust colors more than the orange. XO, Pinky

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love all the warm autumn colors you chose for your tablescape today! Love that you got those beautiful glasses at Dollar Store--I will have to keep an eye out and see if they show up at the one in my hometown. I appreciate you sharing your tips as well--very helpful.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Your Fall tablescape is beautiful. I was just in our $$ store and they didn't have glasses like yours. I'll keep checking back because they are just perfect for the season..Happy Thursday..Judy

debbies said...

Stunning!!! I love how you placed the flatware and your photos are so vivid.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

gorgeous table and colors. I found some little leaf plates last year and can't wait to use them this year on the Thanksgiving Table. I think they will be butter pats.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a wonderful table, and your flatware looks perfect, like a curling vine itself. Loved the colors and the textures in this.

XO

Sheila

Lulu said...

Your table is magical too. Bittersweet, I love it.

Scribbler said...

This is eye-poppingly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Normally I think I don't like orange, but then I see something done up with it, like this table, and I just go bananas! I think now why didn't I buy some of those leaf plates (or whatever) instead of just saying, oh I don't like orange, and pass them buy. No more!!!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful fall shades. You kept those glasses secret!
I don't think I have used my napkin rings yet, maybe November. You did them proud!
Glad to see your lovely table at Let's Dish, thank you for linking up.

Marigene said...

This is the essences of fall! Just beautiful...

Savvy Seasons said...

Oh my gosh, that is one gorgeous, festive table. LOVE IT!!

laurie said...

OOOO, that berry wreath around that gorgeous pumpkin make such a beautiful centerpiece. The quilted placemats are the perfect look for cooler temps, and your china is, as always, wonderfully mixed. laurie

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

I love all the warm tones. Great deal on the glasses!!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, you always put together the most beautiful inspiring tables. Love all your bargains, sure wish we had those stores close by. hugs ~lynne~

Mary said...

Beautiful fall colors at your table! I love those paprika plates and your copper glass pumpkins!

Jan Hennings said...

Incredible decor!

Katherines Corner said...

happy to read that you are well. Love the tablescape, beautiful warm and welcoming the perfect place to share a meal with loved ones. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Wishing you a beautiful day xo

Beverly said...

Absolutely stunning table setting. I would have been scooping up those napkin ring tassels, too. They are gorgeous, and add just the right bling.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I am glad you're doing well. I can well understand busy! There's just not enough days in the week and hours in the day sometimes! Your table is awesome! Love the colors, dishes and the mercury glass (?) pumpkin. Not sure - it seems to take on the colors of the decorations nearby - beautiful. I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Sherry said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry