Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Green Botanical

 

green botanical 208

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

green botanical 121

What a crazy Fall!

green botanical 128

I can’t seem to get myself into Fall mode.

green botanical 137

Is it any wonder with the temperatures we’ve been having in the North East?

green botanical 166

Today easily could have been a day in August,…

green botanical 162

…instead of the beginning of October.

green botanical 108

I’ve yet to pull out the rusts and golds and instead…

green botanical 129

…seem to lean more towards the pale greens,…

green botanical 178

…with a touch of brown being my nod to Fall.

green botanical 227

Great to be able to use the glorious hydrangea of the season.

green botanical 140

The goblets are from a super sale at Horchow.

green botanical 169

Flatware from World Market.

green botanical 180

Napkin rings, with their great contrast of texture, were a Christmas Tree score, I think from last year.

green botanical 208

This magnificent fig pitcher was purchased at Tuesday Morning’s this summer while shopping with Kathleen. One of my most favorite purchases from this summer!

green botanical 146

Now to peel away the layers of the onion.

green botanical 189

green botanical 190 Found these little saucers in the clearance section of the Williams Sonoma outlet for $1.00 @.

green botanical 191

green botanical 192 I found these this summer at Christmas Tree in their Clearance section for $1.00 a piece. I had originally passed them up, trying to be good, thankfully when Kathleen was there on a later date, she was able to pick them up for me.

green botanical 194

I purchased these glass beauties a few years ago at a thrift shop.

green botanical 197

green botanical 198 I purchased these dinner plates at HomeGoods last year. They weren’t a great bargain, but their putty color was something I didn’t have and I love the edge.

green botanical 199

These glass chargers were purchased this summer while on a shopping excursion with Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen. They were in a Dollar and up store for $1.98! Quite a number of bubbles in the glass, but once the dinner plate is on top, you’d never know. I only wish they had more.

green botanical 213

I’m often asked, where does my inspiration for so many different tables come from. These table started with this material.

green botanical 228

Which brings me to my TIP. You don’t need to have a new tablecloth to have a table that looks brand new.I purchased this remnant on a shopping trip with Kathleen this summer. I didn’t buy a ton of yardage. I didn’t even sew the edges, I taped them and then placed them over a larger cloth. It gave the old solid colored cloth a whole new look! Just a bit of material can change the entire look!

green botanical 134

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

 

- The Tablescaper

29 comments:

Rosemary and Thyme said...

This is such an inviting table for two. Love the understated colors and elegance. I am loving the softer tones this fall and this is perfect.

Kathleen said...

Uh oh, after reading your post I think we need to go to Shopaholics Anon.! :)
Pretty table , perfect for this weather we are having!
Beautiful pitcher, great color combo.
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Pamela Gordon said...

We have had the same sunny and very warm weather here in the Maritimes of Canada too. But I am in fall mode with my decorating. Your table could very well be fallish with the greens and browns. It looks beautiful. I love the green glass chargers.

Suzan Ross said...

Beautiful! I've got the same pitcher in green and purple. It has become one of my favourite pieces!

Marlis said...

And I was drooling over the tablecloth. I should have known. Gorgeous starting point. The table is sooo pretty. Omg!!! Just scrumptious. xo marlis

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I am actually loving the brown and green table--I do get a little tired of the reds and oranges sooner than other colors. But your pieces are wonderful! Especially that beautiful pitcher!! I don't have a TM around here unless I go to Maine, and that one is pretty poor. Love your table. Linda

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

This is such a pretty setting...the table and the garden. What a wonderful way to spend an early fall afternoon!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Gorgeous--I especially love the fig pitcher, the green handled flatware and those amazing black goblets. Thank you for the great tip about the fabric on the tablecloth--excellent idea! I'm always inspired by your work!

Brooke said...

Very beautiful!

I love that decorative door topper!


=)



Brooke

Mary said...

Your gorgeous fabric is a wonderful foundation for your table~ great tip, I'm a better taper than seamstress :) I love the softer tones and your beautiful hydrangea! Your fig pitcher is stunning~ I don't have much luck at Tuesday Morning.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That's a great looking table, and I agree, fabric works wonders as a topper. I like to do that.

I wish we had the Christmas Tree Shop here. You and Kathleen (and my friend Gloria) always find such neat things from there.

XO,

Sheila

xinex said...

Beautiful summery and quite Fallish tablescape! I like it, love the hydrangeas! I have those pretty goblets from Horchow too and love them. You and Kathleen gets the best bargains of beautiful tableware and I am jealous!...Christine

Shelia said...

What a lovely table and a lovely spot! That is a pretty piece of cloth you've used and that's a great tip about just taping the hem in place. Lovely dishes. You always do it right!
We were up north these past few weeks and got to experience some nice cool weather so I'm sorry it's warmed up for you.
Thanks for popping in to see me and it's so nice to be back!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

I love the colors of this table and the stemware is my favorite. You have better store options than I have and you find such great deals!

It has actually finally been feeling a bit like fall here in Illinois, the trees are just starting to turn. However, we will be 79 today and in the 30's over the weekend! We are actually heading north and SNOW was in the forecast! It was so hot this summer that I'm actually looking forward to wearing a sweater and a jacket!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Even if y ou are not in the Fall mood, your table is gorgeous! Love the warm feeling.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Beverly said...

This is definitely one of my favorites. That fabric pattern is so lovely.

I want a Christmas Tree store of my very own.♥

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

I like all the layers and color. It is a great transition into fall.

Alycia Nichols said...

Well, if this isn't fall mode, I don't know what is!!!!! Dang, girl!!! This is beautiful!!! You chose a really gorgeous color palette. I like the soft greens in there. I have never thought that fall decor needed to maintain a hard edge. Soft colors look fantastic mixed in with the deeper tones. Totally with you on the no-sew table coverings. I tried my hand at sewing, I hate it, I'm not good at it...so It's fold and iron down for me!

kitty said...

You and Kathleen sure find the bargains. I love that fig pitcher and with the hydrangeas in it, it is so stunning. Great tip about the fabric, too.

Dianne said...

Already, I'm officially coveting those green plates and chargers. I love anything green and they are beautiful. I love how you pulled all the colors from the fabric and put together such a beautiful table. I love your fig pitcher too. Our fig tree is covered with green figs, which I am hoping will ripen before the first frost. Dianne

Debbie said...

Beautiful!

Sarah said...

Can't get the photos to load tonight so will return tomorrow when I'm on my home computer. I know I'm going to love that fig pitcher. ;-)
~ Sarah

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Simply beautiful...love the beautiful green and cream...

Tammy Partin Spangler said...

Your tablescape is just beautiful and such a great tip on the fabric!...which is lovely by the way!

Simone said...

How fabulous that a piece of fabric inspired such a great setting, just perfect for the season.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

This is just so beautiful and serene. I love the warmth of the colors. Thanks for hosting this week. I am all linked up.

Marigene said...

Very lovely...the hydrangeas are gorgeous.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Love the botanical prints and your wonderful layering of dishes! Great finds at great prices! Love your dried hydrangeas and the photos are spectacular! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/autumn-giveaway-clever-chicks-blog-hop-4.html
I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick


Yours in poultry,
Kathy Mormino
The Chicken ChickTM


Join me on Facebook
Follow my blog: www.The-Chicken-Chick.com