Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Whimsical Halloween

whimsical halloween 023

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

whimsical halloween 054

It’s that time of year and…

whimsical halloween 020

…Halloween is just around the corner.

whimsical halloween 008

It’s neat how there are so many different directions you can go with the theme of Halloween.

whimsical halloween 028

There are many scary tables and d├ęcor out there, but…

whimsical halloween 023

…I decided that a whimsical table would suit my spirits.

whimsical halloween 005

Sometimes your decision of how to decorate is predicated upon…

whimsical halloween 037

…the ages of the members of your household.

whimsical halloween 053

Funny, this year my youngest is into decorating a bit on the spooky side.

whimsical halloween 055

Do join me for Seasonal Sundays so I can share the mantel she created.

whimsical halloween 048

whimsical halloween 038 The little pumpkin baker at the top of the stack was this year’s purchase from Christmas Tree.

whimsical halloween 039

whimsical halloween 040 Next down is a long ago purchase from Target. I thought the polka dots added to the whimsical spirit.

whimsical halloween 042

whimsical halloween 043 These purple beauties are from HomeGoods, a number of years back.whimsical halloween 047

The round orange place mat was from Christmas Tree last year. The fun little decos with ribbons were from Christmas Tree this year.

whimsical halloween 026

The orange flatware was from a bargain store a few summers ago and I think the towels cum napkins were from Target. The purple goblets are vintage, but the purple cloth was Walmart purchase many years ago.

whimsical halloween 033

TIP: Keep your eyes open for little inexpensive items that you can use in repetition to add a bit of flare to your tablescape. The little decos with ribbons surrounding the plate were about a dollar a piece, but go a long way to carrying out the theme. Also, candy makes a great filler for hurricanes.

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

26 comments:

Pat said...

It's a wonderful table!
Miss G is spending the night with us over the weekend. I think I will dig out some dishes and put together a whimsical table just for her.:-)

Marlis said...

Yes, the decor is dependent on the ages of the attendees! Love your polka dot plates. They really add a festive touch. The ribbon decor things are cute cute cute and certainly saw halloween.. great table. xo marlis

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

What a fun table! I love all the touches!!!

suzyq said...

Just beautiful, as usual!!! In Australia we don't really celebrate Halloween so I don't really 'get' the whole spooky thing so this table is just perfect in my mind!
I love your tables...
Suzyq

Gina said...

What a wonderful whimsical table! I love the colors of this one. The polka dotted plates are great.

Susan said...

Love your Halloween table! I don't decorate for Halloween other than putting out a ceramic pumpkin on Halloween night, but I might have to start decorating after seeing your lovely table!

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

I love it! Purple has become one of my favorite Halloween colors. I saw those velvet pumpkins at TJMaxx on our trip and I had them in my cart and put them back because I wasn't really using bright orange this year. I ended up with some others in different colors (maybe I'll get them on the blog) but I still love the ones you bought. How fun!

Mary said...

I love how you mix colors, patterns, and how you blend pieces seamlessly from all your shopping sprees! Your velvet Boo pumpkins are the perfect centerpiece!

Barbara F. said...

I still love some 'whimsy' even at my somewhat advanced age! Great table, love the velvet pumpkins. xo

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Yes, I agree that the whimsical tables are fun for children and adults like me, too! My daughter always dressed as a kitty or a PRETTY witch or a fairy--nothing scary. Now my son, well, last I saw he was Dracula. Your table does look like fun. Looking forward to seeing the mantel! Linda

Infuse With Liz said...

I love your whimsical table! The purple tablecloth is pretty and sets a nice tone! The polka dotted plates did add some fun to the look! All your accents make it fun!

Marigene said...

What a fun table...love the colors!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a cute table! Love the 'BOO' pumpkins!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Great tips on tablescaping. I probably would go whimsy instead of scary too.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very cute! I love whimsical. Love that you also used many more colors then just black and orange for a Halloween setting. Nice job!

Scribbler said...

You do the cutest theme tables! And I bet you are the most popular Mom in the group, the way you do the parties. I love this one!

Alycia Nichols said...

Purple is such a great color for Halloween decorating, especially when it's matched up with orange and green! You're so right that the decor depends on the ages of the guests in attendance. I don't have small children or grandchildren who live nearby, so almost every table I create is geared toward adults. It's nice to explore what will make my guests happy! I'm good at Christmas whimsy, but not so much at Halloween whimsy! :-) Your BOO pumpkins are great, and I really like the polka-dotted ones, too!!!

Shelia said...

Oh, my! Your table is so cute and magical! You've added wonderful Halloweeny things without being spooky.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Babs said...

This is sooo much fun! Love the colors..the purple really makes everything pop. Cute velvet pumpkins, too! Happy Halloween!
Babs

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

Great table. Can't stop looking at the mellowcreme pumpkins...
The fabric pumpkins are great.

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

I like your BOO pumpkins. I've started to use more purple for fall and Halloween also. Your table is fantastic as always.

kitty said...

I love whimsy and I would love to sit and enjoy the meal there. I look forward to seeing your daughter's mantle.

Pat M said...

Love the bowls and the purple tablecloth! Everything looks totally festive and fun! Thanks so much for your hard work in creating these for us to enjoy!
Hugs, GraceinAZ (Pat)

Patty (Patty's Pretty Things) said...

Very fun table! All the details are great together!

Kathleen said...

The colors are wonderful! Love the whimsy of the table, and I believe the towels/napkins are from our beloved CTS, as I have the same ones. What a surprise! :)
Going back for another look! TFLTLD!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Love your boo pumpkins! The velvety look to the pumpkins are just wonderful. The combination of purple, orange and green is striking - just love anything whimsical too!
I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy