Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Purple Fall

Purple Fall 046

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Purple Fall 093

I don’t like to rush into the season of Fall.

For complete post click on More Photos.

Purple Fall 100

There’s plenty of time to use the deep oranges, golds and rusts.

Purple Fall 076

Purple doesn’t often pop into one’s mind when you think of Fall…

Purple Fall 107

…but I love to use it for a Fall table.

Purple Fall 041

I recently came upon these purple compotes at Christmas Tree (only $2.99!) and…

Purple Fall 046

…knew I had to add them to my collection.

Purple Fall 094

They were the start of the inspiration for this table.

Purple Fall 120

Also while at Christmas Tree, I came across these…

Purple Fall 049

…magnificent purple vases. It was hard to believe they were only $12.99@.

Purple Fall 078

Just a short aisle away were bunches of eucalyptus. The table was coming together as I walked through the store!

Purple Fall 086

So what to use as a base to pull it all together? My mind wandered to a plaid tablecloth I’ve had for so many years that I have no idea where it came from. My Nell Hill rattan mat/chargers seemed the perfect compliment.

Purple Fall 084

The purple goblets came from the shelf to coordinate with the purple compotes.

Purple Fall 056

The rest just fell together: purple plates from HomeGoods scored ages ago; sand colored salad plates recently in the clearance section at Christmas Tree for $1.00 and beautiful Laguiole flatware, which was part of my birthday gift from Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen.

Purple Fall 068

A true touch of Fall was added by the napkin rings, purchased several years ago at Walmart.

Purple Fall 060

Isn’t it funny how sometimes…

Purple Fall 065

…it all just comes together.

Purple Fall 063

TIP: Don’t be afraid to use an unexpected color in your table. The results can be wonderful!

I’m partying at: Let’s Dish at Cuisine Kathleen's;Yvonne at Stone Gable for Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits; Open House Party at No Minimalist Here; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

36 comments:

Dining Delight said...

Purple is an unexpected choice for fall decorating but you've made it a very positive one! Love those compotes and I have something similar which makes me think of doing a similar fall t'scape but not sure I have anything like those gorgeous purple vases!

DD

Sarah said...

Purple is a perfect color to transition into fall. I also like it paired with the rich oranges, gold, and browns of fall. Beautiful table!

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I love Purple for Fall! The compotes are so cute...and what a great deal! I have those same chargers/paclemats too.

Nancy

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I don't think my first comment went through but just wanted to say that I just love using Purple for Fall decor. I'm seeing it more and more. Last year I did so many purple tables for Fall and I LOVE it! It's so pretty paired with browns, oranges or greens. Your compotes are too cute...and what a great deal, Alma.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous setting,

Nancy

Diann said...

Very pretty and my favorite colors!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love purple. Love the purple glassware.

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

Purple is a gorgeous color and your tablescape is beautiful1 I have actually added a little purple to my Fall decorations this year.

ellen b. said...

I love purple for fall and those compotes are calling my name. Very nice table!

xinex said...

I love purple and I love this. Beautiful compotes and vases! I Purple is so versatile, I like it on Christmas tables too and perfect for Fall, I think, cause some leaves really turn purple....Christine

Mary said...

Your new purple compotes make a beautiful transitional table with the soft colors in your plaid tablecloth! SO envious of your CTS :)

kitty said...

I love your purple theme! Those chargers are one of my favorites. You and Kathleen find the best deals!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is so pretty! I don't use much purple but this is stunning and I really will start looking for that color when I thrift now! hugs, Linda

Marlis said...

The compotes are gorgeous. Certainly the perfect confection for your wonderful table. I can just see them with some oranges too. Fabulous!! xo marlis

Tea in Texas said...

Were you following me in the store as I picked up the different colors of glassware! LOL, I know you are not in my area but I was fortunate to find these when they had just put them on the shelves at CTS. I love the different shades and textures used in your tablescape. The plaid tablecloth is a wonderful anchor for this lovely setting. Just beautiful.

Thanks, Pam

Gina said...

Lovely purple table! I wanted those purple compotes at CTS, but there were only 3. So I got made & didn't buy them! lol Maybe that was a bad decision????

Deanna said...

I love the purple!!!

Cindy said...

Purple is Perfect for Fall! Your table is lovely!

Red Couch Recipes said...

I love this table! Purple is so perfect for fall. I would have fallen in love with the compotes too -- they are spectacular. The eaucalyptus is so beautiful too -- I used to have some in my home and loved the smell. Of course I love the chargers too. Joni

Marigene said...

I see a few more than myself used purples this week...gorgeous table. I love the compotes. The tablecloth really showcases your plates.

Alycia Nichols said...

Just $12.99 each for those vases?!??! Fabulous!!!!! And I LOVE the compotes...and the stemware...and the tablecloth!!! It just all looks so regal! Uh oh...the song "Purple Rain" just popped into my head. Gotta get it out! Gotta get it out!!! :-) I think purple is a wonderful transitional color. Beautiful!!!!

sweet violets said...

I love purple in the Fall, and deep mauve, the berry bushes here get that color range and then turn rusty. Beautiful table!!!

Pat said...

Beautiful beautiful! I really "need" to add some purple to my little collection.

Gorgeous table!

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

Wow, you really have an eye for what to look for while shopping. It would be fun to tag along in your back pocket on one of your shopping sprees.

Your table is just gorgeous and so pulled together.
Sam

thepaintedapron.com said...

LOVE the purple, brilliant idea! I also have serious placemat envy, those rattan mats are gorgeous!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Purple...perfect for Fall....There is so much purple showcased in the decorating magazines recently...Your table is just majestic!!...I can see how the compotes inspired you!

Scribbler said...

Your table is fabulous1 I have long preferred purple for fall, since I am not overly fond of brown shades. The little compotes are really pretty in purple.

My blog is down temporarily while I look for a solution to all the spamming (just in case you were looking for it!). It will be back up soon.

Thanks again for sharing this beautiful table.

Crystal Grandeur said...



Love your purple table.everything looks so beautiful.thank you to share this with all of us....:):)

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

This is so beautiful; the compotes are to die for. I may have to move somewhere to be close to a CT shop! Thanks for sharing your beautiful-as-usual work!
Nancy

Judy Bigg said...

Great fall plates for your Fall tablescape. I do see a little purple in fall. I have a fall arrangement that has a purple ribbon. Love your compotes.

Entertaining Women said...

I rarely go towards purple, so your amethyst tablescape is a particularly great inspiration for me. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Jo May said...

I love purple,I saw you at Home and Garden Thursday...I think purple is gorgeous.

Tricia said...

Those purple compotes add a lot of pizazz -- especially for $2.99 each! The plaid is a perfect base for this table, and I love the color scheme you chose.

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

I'm with you all the way--so to leave summer behind, and love purple for fall. I searched high and low for napkins in that exact shade of purple of your plates, and you'll never guess where I found them--at the condo where we stayed on vacation, and I talked the owner into selling them to me!! LOL We do what we have to do... Your table turned out great. ~Zuni

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

I love how it all came together. That happened to me with my beach table last year. Those compotes are fabulous!!Thanks for the inspiration.

Katherines Corner said...

Gorgeous and my favorite color too. I hope you added this to the Thursday hop ( its still open till midnight tonight) xo

Shirley Long said...

Perfect fall table! Living in Florida, I like a slow transition to fall!