Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Monday, July 2, 2012

Tips for Celebrating the 4th of July

June 006

Welcome to The Tablescaper (you can click on any of the photos to see more).

IMG_2240

The neat thing about American patriotic holidays, such as Independence Day which is right ahead of us…

IMG_2262

…Memorial Day (just behind us) and…

June 006

… Labor Day (thankfully, a bit ahead of us)…

Memorial Day 2011 040

…is that they all theme on RED,WHITE and BLUE.

I guess if you really wanted to, you could include President’s Day and Veteran’s Day too.

What’s neat is that you can clearly use star shaped or star decorated items for each of these holidays, but…

Elegant Independance 055

…anything red, white or blue (above are several linens that previously were part of my son’s bedroom)…

Memorial Day 2011 018

…easily take on the theme.

June 2011 055

One or two special items, really bring it together.

IMG_6298

Use your red, white or blue NON-THEMED items as the work horses.

IMG_6343

And then add those special bits to bring it all together.

To see the complete post, and much more detail, click on any of the photos above.

I’m joining Yvonne of Stone Gable’s Tutorials, Tips and Tid Bits.

- The Tablescaper

19 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Just beautiful Red, White, and Blue found here. Thank you for inspiring me as I am learning this scaping business. hugs, olive

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing some tips. You've certainly had your share of stunning patriotic tabletops. That cake dome is amazing!

Entertaining Women said...

Your tables are a "good hand to draw to.". Always great inspiration to be found here. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Barbara F. said...

Love all your special touches. It really is a great color combo. Have a great July 4th holiday. xo

SizzleandZoom said...

This is gorgeous. I've seen some beauties and this is one of the best.

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Wow. You have some amazing things. I love your porch...so cute. Your little patriotic people look like Buyers Choice. Very nice! I love the red plates with white polka dots and that quilt!! Okay, I think I just love everything! I'd want to come to one of your parties!

Leslie's Garden said...

I love all of these, I don't think I can even pick a favorite! I haven't collected many items to make a good patriotic table and your post gives me some great ideas when I start looking!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow all of these tablescapes are beautiful! Great tips. Thanks!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love how you pull it all together with basics and then add the 'themed' items. I need to get a few more Patriotic items for my future tablescapes! hugs, Linda

Prior said...

Great tips! I love Americana Decor and will probably have a USA Olympic watch party this summer. Love the bedroom reuse.
Lezlee

Jojo said...

I see that Kathleen's invited...y'all have fun.

Babs said...

Thanks for all the great tips. That settles it..I'm going to start shopping for red, white and blue dishes and linens, so I can join in the patriotic theme next time.:)
I saw some gold star plates at GW today. Hopefully, they'll be there tomorrow and my collection will be started. Hugs and happy 4th.
Babs

Alycia Nichols said...

Ooooh....LOVE that anchor runner!!!! Please box it up and send it to me right away! :-)

Kathleen said...

Loved seeing all those Patriotic tables! So much to see, all wonderful!
Thanks for setting a place for me! :)

Meredith said...

Beautiful tables! All of them!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

You are so so right Miss Tablescaper! I love all your great tips. I think I have to start collecting more stars!!! Beautiful tablescapes and sage tips!
Thanks for being a faithful friend, and joining me for TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!!!!
BTW~ I'll write tomorrow.
Dates sound great!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

All fun pics, really lovin' that great ruffled red plate! Happy 4th of July:@)

Designs By Pinky said...

Great tips! I love every single table on this post. YOu are so good. Hope you had a great 4th. I WILL be back to bloggting soon!!!!! XO, Pinky

Tanya@takesix said...

What a fabulous resource of ideas! I can use your tips and incorporate them to my red and white!!! :)