Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Part of your World

Under the sea 156

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

Under the sea 031

Look at this stuff

Under the sea 052
Isn't it neat?

Under the sea 112
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?

Under the sea 092 
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl

Under the sea 060
The girl who has everything?

Under the sea 041
Look at this trove
Under the sea 039

Treasures untold

Under the sea 156
How many wonders can one cavern hold?

Under the sea 058
Looking around here you think

Under the sea 068 
Sure, she's got everything
Under the sea 046

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
Under the sea 109

I've got whozits and whatzits galore
take 2 003

You want thingamabobs?
take 2 011

I've got twenty!
take 2 010take 2 020

But who cares?
take 2 026

No big deal
take 2 022

I want more

take 2 028
I wanna be where the people are
Under the sea 062

I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'
Under the sea 078

Walking around on those - what do you call 'em?
Under the sea 075

Oh - feet! (shell shaped plates were a Dollar Tree score)

Under the sea 115Under the sea 118Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far (pale oatmeal colored bowl, a Dollar Tree score from several years ago)

Under the sea 121 

Under the sea 123Legs are required for jumping, dancing (pale blue beaded plate from Pottery Barn Outlet, purchased with Cuisine Kathleen the other year)

Under the sea 124
Under the sea 130Strolling along down a - what's that word again? (pale pink plate from HomeGoods – wish I could find more!)

Under the sea 129
Street
Under the sea 132

Under the sea 133Up where they walk, up where they run (tan dinner plates, a HomeGoods purchase – solid color plates with interesting borders are always an excellent addition to any collection)

Under the sea 134
Under the sea 138Up where they stay all day in the sun (Just when I say, that I’m not buying another resin/plastic charger – I come across the perfect color with a ruffled edge!)

Under the sea 036
Wanderin' free - wish I could be
Part of that world

Lyrics courtesy of Disney

I’m joining the following parties:

Let’s Dish at Kathleen’s along with Ivy and Elephants for What’s it Wednesday;Uncommonly Yours at Uncommon Designs;Open House Party at No Minimalist Here; Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home; Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday;Courtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday;Alison of Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfold; Imparting Grace for Grace at Home; At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

- The Tablescaper

38 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

Ah, you set a fine spread, Ariel. Beautiful elements for a luscious seascape table. Thanks for diving in and inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

This is SO SUPER SWEET! I will be singing Ariel's song now. But in this heat I would JUMP back in the sea.
I LOVE that shell pitcher. Were you tempted to comb your hair with a FORK? hehe
Have a fun week AND stay cool,
Hugs,
Donna

Barbara F. said...

King Neptune is beaming at this tablescape. Love how you score big time at the $ Tree! xo

Dawna said...

Your table as usual is amazing. I also picked up the seahorse piece, but was traveling so had to bypass the shells. Now I wish I had not left those shells on the beach (Home Goods).

Sarah said...

Cute post! I'm didn't get my post pulled together. ;-(
Love the dishes and hard to believe that some were $ store scores.

sweet violets said...

Dee-lightful!!! Beautiful elements, great finds!!! Love the glasses....cleo

Tricia said...

Oh, that first photo let me know we were in for a treat! Leave it to you to do an ELEGANT beach-y table! And very clever use of the lyrics! I'm with Barbara -- the King of the Deep would feel right at home here.

allisamazing said...

What a wonderful table!

Lori E said...

Such a pretty nautical look with soft colors. The deals you guys get make me wimper. Sigh.

Mary said...

I'm picturing Ariel with her treasure trove right now~ one of my favorite Disney movies of all time! I love your beautiful dishes & pieces at your table paired with the song :)

Jewel Sauls said...

I was signing along with you! I do love all your "stuff", including the dinglehoppers!
I loved how you brought elegance to the beach! And I love those ruffly chargers too!!!

Pat @ Pat's Pink Apron said...

The table looks amazing.
Love that center piece and the netting is great.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

It's a sickness, isn't it?? I find myself always looking for some pretty something to add to my table. These tablescape parties have not helped in the least. Your table is beautiful and I love the seascape theme.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Dani said...

What a lovely table! As you always do!
Contrats, love the seascape!
Love from Brasil
Dani

Diane said...

Love this post. Seeing all of the beautiful pieces is wonderful, but I did enjoy the lyrics, too. I had a phone conversation with an old friend today about how we did not n-e-e-d more, but wanted more! She was on her way to an estate sale to buy more - lol!! Thanks for sharing - this one made me smile.

Linda said...

You are the girl (woman) who has everything. Wow....those gold pieces are gorgeous...it's a pleasure to sneak in a peek....I might stay while and droll away.

Denise said...

Wonderful tablescape!Great photos!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I love your coastal table. Everything is gorgeous!! Thanks for linking to the Open House Party this week.

daisypetals said...

This is Melissa @ daisymaebelle.com. Love the table. . . and the song! Visiting from the Romantic Home party!

daisypetals said...

This is Melissa @ daisymaebelle.com. Forgot to tell you that I am your newest follower!

Marlis said...

Ariel. this is amazing. I love how elegantly you set this table. The candelabra is wonderful.. love the napkin rings and the beautiful jewels of serving pieces. The goblets are beyond stunning.. A real score! xo marlis

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Fabulous, unusual pieces in this tablescape. Everything works together so beautifully! (And I was actually singing along with every line of lyrics!)

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, heck yes!!!!!!!!! Very pretty! I love that gold flatware...it's just so, so pretty! Everything looks wonderful! I don't have small children and I'm apparently a lousy grandmother because I had no idea what your narrative came from until I got to the end. I just thought you were being wonderfully descriptive! Have a good weekend!!!

Donna Heber said...

A gorgeous summer table! I couldn't help but notice the beautiful glass with gold trim - so lovely.

Kathleen said...

When I first saw this the other night and read your script I thought the heat had gotten to you! :)
I don't know that song!
But you do have a wonderful collection! Those gold forks are wonderful!
Beautiful!
Thanks so much for linking this to Let's Dish!

Robin said...

I recognized my daughter's favorite Disney movie from the first line! Very cute idea. I'm a Beauty and the Beast girl (dancing dishes and silverware of course!). I saw those shells dishes at DT or I would never believe that's where you found them. You did a great job duplicating Ariel's collection.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Marigene said...

Beautiful! I feel like I am inside an oyster shell with all the iridescent pinks, whites, and pale blues. I can't believe you found those nice shell dishes at a dollar store...they don't have have them in any of mine. Have a great weekend, Alma.

CAS said...

Oh my, your tablescape is beautiful. I love your combination of plates.
CAS

Victoria Mische said...

Gorgeous as usual! I have never seen such beauty and creativity… The net is gorgeous, as is your table. All the details are such perfect and stunning!

Satin Chair Covers

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Ariel could not have found a finer spread under the sea! I love your soft watery colors and shell like shapes. I even see forks that look like Neptune's staff!
The netting mixed with the sheer fabric is hauntingly beautiful!It looks like a net cast out in the foam of the sea!
Just beautiful, Miss Tablescaper!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Under the sea is a great place to be in this heat! I'm singing that song now and it will make me happy all day. I'll have to pull out that wonderful movie and watch it again. Now that my kids are bigger :( we don't watch it once a week! Your table is not only clever but also beautiful! Linda

Posted by Donna at the Scarlet Petticoat said...

thank you, Ariel!! the colors you chose for your tablescape are scrumptious!! the song is funny and true for many of us!! just lovely!

Elaine said...

LOVE all the soft colors, and touches of gold! It looks like a treasure chest was pulled from the sea, and the contents were spilled out onto your table!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a totally delightful post!!
Your tablescape is so lovely and you set such an intriguing and whimsical mood!!

Beautiful!

Hugs,
Debbie

PAT said...

What a glamorous beach table! The shell pieces are gorgeous.

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

The seahorses are fabulous! The table is gorgeous!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

O.K. this is the cutest and cleverest post! Love how you combined your gorgeous tablescape to the Little Mermaid song - it will be going through my mind the rest of the day - with me smiling!
I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Sherry said...

It took me a minute but then I started to hear Ariel... Too cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry