Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Friday, February 3, 2012

Reprise of Valentine Birthday Party

 

Copy of Friend BD Party 029

Welcome to The Tablescaper. Last year for my daughter’s February birthday we pulled out all the stops and had a Valentine  Birthday Party. With the heart season upon us, I thought it would be fun to repost it.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2011

Seasonal Sunday #36–Valentine Birthday Party

 

 

Friend BD Party 060

My daughter’s birthday is in February, so this year we decided

that she should have a Valentine themed birthday party.

Friend BD Party 048

It’s a special birthday, so the festivities included a sit down dinner for

her and her friends.

Friend BD Party 002

The birthday girl decided the menu.

Copy of Friend BD Party 033

While we wanted a Valentine theme, we didn’t want to go crazy with

the hearts, just a touch.

Friend BD Party 008

A few hearts,…

Friend BD Party 022

…here and there.

Friend BD Party 054

While this has become the norm for birthday parties in our home, it

clearly isn’t for her friends.

Friend BD Party 005

Each place had a little vase with a few fresh sweetheart roses and a

touch of baby’s breath.

Friend BD Party 010

These beautiful glasses were a birthday gift from my brother and

sister-in-law, Fred and Anne. I love the tulip lip of each glass.

Friend BD Party 043

One of my newest acquisitions, a terrarium, became the centerpiece.

Friend BD Party 016

I filled it with china heart boxes collected through the years.

Friend BD Party 018

The table took on a shabby chic look.

Friend BD Party 052

It certainly was a special celebration…

Friend BD Party 014…for a very special girl,  young women.

  • the sterling was my Mother in law’s, Towel Fontanta
  • the chargers, dinner plate and lacy heart plates were from Christmas Tree through the years
  • the napkins were also a Christmas Tree purchase. Years ago they seemed to have great seasonal cloth napkins, not so much now. I’m sure glad I hoarded, I mean purchased them when I did.
  • the pink mercury glass candlestick holders and napkin rings are from HomeGoods, several years ago
  • the ceramic candlestick holders were from Pier One. I ‘m  pretty sure I got them while shopping with Kathleen, of Cuisine Kathleen
  • the tablecloth was from Target, several years ago.Great ruffle all the way around the edge.

Friend BD Party 031

One little tip: Frequently I decide on a tablecloth I want to use and then find that it’s not the right size for the table. If the tablecloth is too small, lay a solid tablecloth down first and then top with the cloth of your choice.

Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy

See you Sunday!

- The Tablescaper

14 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Well I missed this and couldnt be more happy seeing it. WOWZA!

That is one amazing table - every single detail is stunning.

I cannot even decide what I love best- possibly your centerpiece of heart-shaped china boxes.

Oh my goodness, that is an absolutely amazing tablescape - and a memory those young ladies will cherish and remember their entire lives.

WELL DIONE! Thanks for the reprise for us new bloggers!

have a wonderful weekend!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful party!! My daughter is a February birthday girl too.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I was a rooky blogger last Feb., but I loved looking at this table for your daughter's b'day, it is stunning! The glasses are so beautiful with the tulip finish to them. I also love the pretty terrarium you used. My very fav, the heart reticulated salad plates. Happy B'day to your daughter's upcoming special day. Happy weekend.
FABBY

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh my! What a pretty table! I love the white heart shaped plates with the frill around them! Those china heart shaped boxes are just precious! Your daughter must have felt so special that you created such a pretty table for her! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

Entertaining Women said...

I remember those pink mercury glass candlesticks...great appointments. How are those tulip edged goblets for drinking. I've admired similar stems before, but I was concerned about the actual process of sipping from them. They are lovely. Thanks for reposting. Cherry Kay

Kathleen said...

I remember, so pretty!
Don't forget to take pics tomorrow!

Jessa Irene said...

I remember this stunner of a table. So lovely! I am pinning this on pinterest. And I will be at your party, I have been such a party pooper (that expression looks so bad in print) since starting my Etsy shop! Thanks for taking the time to come by and comment :)

Susanne said...

I come here and sit in awe of your lovely table settings and how sweet the heart theme for your daughter's birthday. I can not remember when my table was not set in a rush and I know you will cringe when I say paper plates and cups. I guess we all have certain things we fuss over and your specialty would be the art of landscaping the table. Lovely, always lovely.
Susanne :)

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a sweet table. I love your collection of heart boxes, and your heart-shaped dishes. You and Kathleen sure must enjoy CTS...I wish I had one near me!

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Oh Alma...when did you say you got those darling lacy little white heart plates. I LOVE them. Just too cute. Your table is as usual gorgeous. What a fabulous birthday party and a memorable one. Sounds wonderful!

Nann

Debbie said...

I love this. Pink is my favorite color, and a pink table is my very favorite. That stemware is just beautiful, and I think the little vase with the baby's breath and flower at each spot is perfect!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love the Valentine tablescape you
have created, sweet lady...the pink and white combo really pops up and is pure "eye-candy"!! I also like the heart shaped china sweet.and the tall pink candle holders, with your flower arrangement...great idea using little roses!!
Your tablecloth is beauiful and it shows up so pretty with your china. This is just a romantic table for
sure!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
XXOO Diane

kitty said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration you've planned for your daughter. All the young ladies will feel so special because of your loving touches.

Sizzle and Zoom said...

I love this. This has inspired me.