Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cornflower Blue

April Cornell Blue 017
In the spirit of my blues for January, today’s table is cornflower blue.
April Cornell Blue 025
As you may recall, in an effort to use more of what I have, I decided to make my tables for January all about BLUE.
April Cornell Blue 047
My tables for the last few weeks have been blue and white, but I’m an equal opportunity lover of blue! LOL!
April Cornell Blue 018
I love this shade of blue, which I call cornflower blue.
April Cornell Blue 003
Yes, it’s winter and some tend to use only strong colors, but to me, this table is so peaceful and relaxing.
April Cornell Blue 028
I think the wintery months put less demands upon us and allow us to be more relaxed.
April Cornell Blue 002
The real star of the show is this amazing tablecloth by April Cornell. I love her linens. They are amazing.
April Cornell Blue 031
In keeping with my New Year’s resolution, nothing on this table is new (well, OK the flowers are), however I have a confession to make. I have made a few purchases lately (see Kathleen, I did come clean, but none are on this table.)
April Cornell Blue 034
There is no way, that I wouldn’t make any purchases. I’m trying to limit my purchases and make them more thoughtful.
inventory 014
So let’s take a look at all of the layers. I so love these napkin rings. They were such a steal, .99 at Christmas Tree. Are they the perfect accompaniment to these linens or what?
inventory 016
The first layer is this awesome quilted salad plate. Can you believe it’s not marked – at all? they were a HomeGoods purchase a few years ago that I instantly fell in love with.
inventory 017
inventory 020 Next are my Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage plates. It’s amazing how many things these plate go with.
inventory 021
inventory 024And then, Vera Bradley chargers which just steal my heart away with their gorgeous shade of blue and wonderful detail and shape. I wish Vera Bradley produced more dishware. Their things are extraordinary. The footed cake plate featured towards the beginning of the post is also Vera Bradley, however the tea pot is Bordallo Pinheiro.
inventory 026
And low and behold, on the very bottom of the stack is a wonderful cabbage leaf placemat. They were a birthday gift last year from my dear friend Nancy. Man, does she know me or what?
April Cornell Blue 030
The moment I spied these glasses (at Christmas Tree) I wanted them. They so reminded me of glasses by April Cornell from years back that I had passed up. Is it any wonder how well they coordinate with the tablecloth?
April Cornell Blue 042
These amazing glasses are so fun to use. They are very bulbous, but are short so you can really hold them in the palm of your hand (another Christmas Tree purchase).
April Cornell Blue 017
I love how this flatware matches perfectly (it’s by Gibson, yet another Christmas Tree purchase).
April Cornell Blue 014
This amazing pitcher was purchase this past Fall on my trip to Brimfield.
April Cornell Blue 051
This pitcher is by Villeroy and Boch. Oh, how I miss that store!
April Cornell Blue 038
This Sunday, as I do every Sunday, I’ll be hosting Seasonal Sundays. It’s an interesting combination of posts. Some are seasonal d├ęcor, some are seasonal foods, some are seasonal tables and some are just what you’ve been up to this season.Be sure to come back on Sunday for  Seasonal Sunday as I’ll be featuring a GIVE AWAY!

f
April Cornell Blue 024
Please visit the following parties I’m joining:
- The Tablescaper

38 comments:

Sarah said...

This is another lovely blue tablescape. Love the way you mixed in the cabbage leaf pieces, and the layers of plates are gorgeous. All those textures stacked one upon the other. Wonderful! I'm going to be sad to see the January Blues come to an end. ;-)
~ Sarah

Kathleen said...

Wow, it is beautiful! I love the colors and edges of the plates, so pretty.
I remember those glasses, too. But the napkin rings, i dont believe I have ever seen them. Perfect with this!
The linens are gorgeous, what a color!
Bet this will be pinned by tomorrow!

Debbie said...

Well, I wondered where you were. I'm glad I stayed up a bit later than usual so I got to see this before retiring for the night.

This is one of my favorite "Tablescaper" tables ever. (Saying a lot since you've had so many beautiful ones.) I absolutely LOVE the place setting, and it's perfect with that AC tablecloth.

once in a blue moon said...

Such gorgeous layering and love your cabbage mats~

Meredith said...

Just beautiful!!! Those colors are lovely and all the details are so so pretty. Love those glasses.

sweet violets said...

This is just stunning, and one of my favorites so far !!! Love the cloth and napkins.....the settings are perfect, but the leaf placemats take the prize!!! I am not a big fan of green, but love the glasses, great find....hugs..cleo

injoyinmylife said...

I love this table!!!! The tea pot is just gorgeous. I love the napkin ring. So many beautiful things. The colors ar spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

Kim, USA said...

I always love your dishes. And of course, I will be there for your giveaway! ^_^

Thursday Tablescape

Entertaining Women said...

If I were the queen, I would say, "We are pleased, we are very pleased." I've made a choice to make very selective purchases, too. Finishing collections and only working on things on my "Someday, I will have this" list. Of course, I have a sudden desire to add to my photography equipment. Trying to be judicial. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Marigene said...

This is my favorite of any table you have done...everyone knows blue and green is my favorite color combo. The linens are just beautiful and really show the dishes so well.
Do tell me how long it took you to find 12 of the Vera charger plates...it took me a long time, almost 5 years to find just 4!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These have to be some of my favorite color combinations! That blue with the pop of green...gorgeous. The patterns and textures you combine just take my breath away! Love the freshness of this table. hugs, Linda

Diann said...

Everything looks so pretty! The colors are gorgeous and the linens are stunning. I love the napkin rings. I never saw them at CTS because had I, they would have come home with me!

Mary said...

All your blues are lovely but this cornflower shade is especially so! LOVE the cabbage leaf mats & plates and those adorable napkin rings! I'm wishing we had a CTS nearby!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I absolutely love the blue and green combination. i have a friend that has those Vera Bradley plates and always admired them. Just beautiful as always!

Georgie Horn said...

what an interesting combination that turned out LOVELY~!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What an amazing table!! I love the shades of blue and splash of green. So very refreshing.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Gina said...

Wow. I absolutely love this! The linens, the dishes, the napkin rings...this could possibly be one of my favorites ever.

Debby S. said...

What a amazing table! When I was a kid cornflower was my favorite crayon in the box! That tablecloth is a beauty. You blow me away with your ability to combine everything so beautifully!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful table! I love that shade of blue and the green cabbage plates are a perfect mix with that amazing table cloth. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Tricia said...

Oooh, I love this table, too! The linens are just fabulous, and the solid-but-textured dishes you chose really look great with them. That rim shot near the end of your post is gorgeous! I love everything Villeroy and Boch -- my daughter's everyday china is a mix of their patterns.

A Perfect Setting said...

So very beautiful! I agree, those Bordello dishes go with so much!! I love the combination with the blue. The April Cornell tablecloth is so perfect with this! Another stunning table!!

Gracious Living, In the Fast Lane said...

I would love to sit down with a group of blogging women at your table to discuss tablescapes while we eat! Just tell me what to bring. Your tablescape looks so peaceful and well thought. Delightful.

Tanya@takesix said...

Bravo!!!! Yet another absolutely fabulous table of blue!!! I am enjoying your January tables so much!

Blondie's Journal said...

The combination of blues and greens is fabulous! You did such a nice job with the layering and I LOVE your tablecloth! Very pretty! :-)

XO,
Jane

S said...

Very pretty table - I really would like to snatch that teapot and those napkin rings. And I enjoyed Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue too. You do know how to set a mood!

swedecollection said...

Oh how I'd love to have a Christmas Tree store and a Home Goods store in town. No such luck. Love all the items you purchased there. Those big leaf placemats are 2die4. Also want to comment on your photography - you do wonderful work. Exquisite combination of items in this tablescape.

xinex said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love that color, it's kinda greyish lue. Love your plates! My son made the pasta and he said he will email me the recipe. I'll give it to you after he does..Christine

Marlis said...

Ooh this is just lovely. I love the blue and green and since the shades of each are equal in value.. the table is harmonious and beautiful.. Great napkin rings too. Love your blues!xo marlis

May said...

I would want to linger at your table all day!

Momma Button said...

This one is my absolute favorite! I look for your post every week on Tablescape Thursday. And I enjoyed listening to a little Gershwin while I read your post. My Daddy used to listed to Rhapsody in Blue all the time when I was little. Thanks for all of the great inspiration!

Rettabug said...

Very, VERY pretty, Ms. A!! Gorgeous color combinations & I'm again, amazed at how many different tables you can create. No two look alike!!!

Thank you for sharing your talents & collections with us.
Hugs,
Rett

Alycia Nichols said...

Aw, c'mon...Kathleen got to you and you folded!!! You're not new to this! You know the drill!!! The first rule of the serial shopper: DENY, DENY, DENY!!! For instance, "No, honey, those plates aren't new at all. I think you must be mistaken. Your mind is playing tricks on you! You must be tired. Let me fix you a little cocktail." Deny and divert, deny and divert! As long as you effectively divert the attention away from the plates and toward the needs of the accuser, you're golden! :-) Beautiful table! Cornflower blue is a great color that I fell in love with when I got my first box of 64 Crayola Crayons back in the 19....well, let's just say back when I got my first box of 64! :-) I really like those substantial glasses! Have a good weekend!

Marsha said...

Love, love this blue and green tablescape. You are so talented. I must go seek out April C. linens. Wish me luck.

Robin said...

Love this table and I knew it was AC linens at first glance! Such a soft look to everything. The cabbage leaves are perfect. I am trying very hard not to spend too! I have a Villeroy and Bock outlet 5 miles away but I sure miss being near a Christmas Tree Shoppe! Thanks for sharing!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful tablescape - I just love blue - this shade is gorgeous! April Cornell fabrics are fabulous! Love all the layering and patterns! Isn't it wonderful the amazing things you can find at The Christmas Tree store! I just discovered them over a year ago! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
God Bless,
Kathy

Dianne said...

Somehow I missed the gorgeous table, but I am so glad I found it now. Stunning. Love the colors together and every plate in your stack is my favorite :) Dianne

Barbara said...

Beautiful table...really gorgeous! I was admiring your pitcher and then saw that you found it at Brimfield in the fall. I was there too! It was my first time and loved it! Going back again this year. Thank you for sharing your lovely tablescape!

Sherry said...

Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry