Welcome to The Tablescaper. I’m reposting one of my posts from last year and I’m joining Chari at Happy to Design for “Sunday Favorites".
Don’t forget to come back for Seasonal Sundays. The link will be up by 7 pm Saturday night.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
Ok, I’ll be the first to admit that I dragged my heels and was kicking and screaming about Summer ending.
But enough is enough!
This warm weather is crazy.
It’s the end of September.
I’m ready to snuggle in and enjoy fall.
My children are back to school and we’re into the routine.
So where is that cool crisp air?
I want to snuggle up in a sweater.
I don’t want a crazy long winter either, but…
…I don’t want to go from Summer directly to Winter.
One of the many reasons I love living in New York is the change of seasons.
This placemat by Waverly was my inspiration for today’s tablescape.
These little fellows that I got from Michael’s last year had to join in the fun.
- Chargers from Target last year
- Pearl edged plates are from a dollar store (seriously), years ago
- I got the blue cake plates from HomeGoods last year. The minute I saw them I fell in love with them. I love the quilted feel. The blue tray in the center is from the same collection, but they are unmarked and I’ve never seen them again.
- The place card holders were a Century 21 purchase.
- The napkins are from a Pier One sale. They were $1.18@. What I like about them is that they are a steel blue, not navy.
- The flatware is by Gibson. It is so well done. It looks like wood, but clearly isn’t.
- The little plate that the acorns rest upon was a tag sale find.
- The napkin rings were from Christmas Tree this year. The glasses were a major score for both Kathleen and I at Christmas Tree. They were only $1 @!
Please be sure to come and visit Seasonal Sundays. It’s my Sunday
meme and it gives bloggers a chance to share what the season means
to them. I have a completely different post for Seasonal Sundays, but
didn’t want to miss joining in the fun of Sunday Favorites too.
- The Tablescaper