Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Polka Dots for Christmas

IMG_2884

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

IMG_2879

The holidays are filled with opportunities to entertain.

IMG_2881

Maybe you’re having some friends over for super or for brunch.

IMG_2922

They don’t always need to be formal events with fine china.

IMG_2909

Polka dots seem to lighten up any occasion.

IMG_2902

Adding a small  holiday bowl or  plate atop the stack of non-holiday plates changes the entire character.

IMG_2914

Both these straw mats and casual flatware are usually reserved for Summer, but integrating them into this tablescape made it more playful.

IMG_2884

Poinsettias have such vibrant colors and are very traditional. Kick them up a notch by placing them in an interesting container, in this case a polka dot pitcher.

IMG_2896

Don’t  feel confined to using large pillar candles in hurricanes or elegant tapers in silver candle stick holders. These thin tapers in their ice cube like holders add a punch of fun to the table. They were an were inexpensive purchase from Ikea.

IMG_2886

Have fun with the holidays!

IMG_2892

Life is in the details.

IMG_2897

Add a coaster, add a wine charm. Each layer just makes it that much more special.

IMG_2893

Even the wine glasses have little balls or polka dots down their stem.

IMG_2889

Hope you have fun with your holiday entertaining!

And now the scoop on where it’s all from. The inspiration started with the little gift shaped bowl . I got them at Christmas Tree for some crazy price of $1.69 or something like that. Then my awesome Christmas gift of the red square dinner plates arrived from my good friend and fellow blogger Kathleen, of Cuisine Kathleen. She got them at Pfaltzgraff on-line. I’m only showing 6, but of course she knows me and got me 12. I wanted to add polka dots. They are so playful the green polka dot salad plates are a long ago purchase from Target. The green placemats were an end of season sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The flatware, pitcher, and tablecloth are all from HomeGoods. As I mentioned above, the little candles and candlestick holders are from Ikea. I picked the napkin rings up at a great little shop in Texas a few years ago. I don’t have a clue where the red napkins are from and the red goblets are from a store that sadly is no longer in business. I’ve got to admit, when I bought the place mats and flatware, I never thought they’d make their way to a Christmas tablescape!

Join me Sunday to share how you’re getting ready for this season of merriment, at Seasonal Sundays.

Seasonal-Sunday-Teapot-copy_thumb3_t[2]

Please visit the following parties I’m joining:

- The TablescaperPlate

40 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

How very cute. I love the polka dots. Festive and whimsical.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Simone said...

This is darling! You are so talented!

Gina said...

I love the polka dots! They're so much fun. This is a wonderful tablescape.

Kathleen said...

May I borrow your polka dot flatware? I love it! What a fun table! I am working on my dots, I am thinking Grinchy colors!
You did a great job on this, A, and I know you are so very busy!

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

So adorable! Those tiny ice cube candle holders are too cute! I agree you don't have to do things formal but adding detail and special attention to the little things makes a difference! The poinsettia in the pitcher is fun and colorful! This is a happy table and I like that!

Marigene said...

I wouldn't have associated polka dots with Christmas, but it really goes quite well. I love lime paired with red, great combination.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is just adorable and so much fun! I also think Grinch tablescape! I really love this combo of colors and polka dots....perfect! hugs, Linda

Sarah said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love anything with polka dots, stripes, or plaids. ;-) Your posts are always inspiring, and you have all the details to put together any table.
Happy Holidays! ~ Sarah

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I really like this! Beautiful color and pattern mixtures! Great job! A happy tablescape!

Katherine

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Oh my stars girl your table is absolutely darling. LOve, LOve, LOve it. I don't even care what you're serving on the plates... I'm ready to just come over and sit down at the table and stay. Just too too cute for words. My you are talented!

Meredith said...

So fun and festive!!! I love your stemware!!!

Entertaining Women said...

I always love polka dots, and I am enthralled by the vertical elements that you have employed to lift the eye when studying this delightful design. I like it a lot! Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Barbara F. said...

I feel merrier just reading this post. Love the colors, dots and stripes. The flatware is cute-cute-cute. xo

Mellodee said...

I love it! Certainly a fun table!

Grace InAZ said...

Oh, I just love the color combination, the polka dots and the whimsy! This is just my style!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

Designs By Pinky said...

Fabulous! Love it! It IS all in the details, isn't it?! Love ALL your details! XO, Pinky

sweet violets said...

This is adorable and very merry!!! Who could be in a bad mood sitting at this table?? hugs...

sweet violets said...

This is adorable and very merry....who could be a "bah humbug" sitting at this table!!! hugs...

Anglers Rest said...

Love the tableware, layouts & vibrancy of colour.

Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) said...

What an adorable table -- love how you just had everything you needed to make it perfect. I especially love the polka dot silverware set and the little candles.
Best,
Gloria

too Blessed to Stress said...

I {great-big-puffy heart} Polka Dots. Your table setting is fantastic!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Rettabug said...

These polka-dots make my ♥ sing! I have many in my kitchen & would love to raid your collection, too. Great table, full of fun color & pattern! Makes me smile just to look at it.

Hugs,
Rett

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Beautiful! I love polka dots and this setting is just adorable!

Denise :) said...

I do love polka dots -- this was such a fun, festive table! I love the inspiration you provide. Thank you!! :)

suzyq said...

What a gorgoeus happy table!! Love it...
Suzyq

A Perfect Setting said...

Yes, polka dots make me happy! This table is so fun, and the little ice cube candleholders remind me of presents! You do think of every detail! Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

I love your polka dot table. Such a fun and festive look for the holidays! Thanks for sharing your beautiful table. Merry Christmas!

Rose H (UK) said...

Wow! I'd never have thought of using polka dots for Christmas but it looks fabulous. Your imagination knows no bounds - keep inspiring us!

Alycia Nichols said...

This is a super fun Christmas table! It has all the elements of a relaxed, joyous atmosphere!

Kathleen said...

Well, not to be technical, I sent you 14 as I know you have big crowds when you entertain! :)
So nice to see you used them! Did I forget to put the do not use till Cmas sticker on the box, LOL!

kitty said...

What a fun, festive, happy tablescape you created! No one can be a Scrooge with polka dots around!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I was smiling from the first picture. Polka dots just make me happy and this is a very happy table. I've been looking for affordable red goblets and so far, no luck. I really like yours. I'll be sale watching after the holidays!

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Now THIS is Whimsy Christmas! I love it!

lulumusing said...

Polka dots....I love them. This is a very fun table, my favorite kind.

Tina said...

That table is just too cute!! It is so festive that it makes you smile.

Jo's This and That said...

How Sweet! You are so talened!I love the polka dots,what a neat idea!

Eclectically Vintage said...

WOW - that is one festive table. So glad I found you and following along.
Kelly

Mary said...

You had me at "polka dots". They pull me in every time.

Thanks!
Mary @ SeaQuilts

Texas Tea Party said...

The polka dots and Christmas are another of your great ideas and so much fun. This a table to make you smile and say Merry Christmas for is is so cute! Thanks for sharing where you found everything it is always so helpful. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Sherry said...

This is a really fun table. I love all the colors and patterns. I love that apple green. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry