Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pheasant Fullness

Pheasant Fullness 020

Welcome to the Tablescaper.

Pheasant Fullness 059

We usually think of large groups of people gathered around our table at Thanksgiving.

Pheasant Fullness 008

Sometimes, Thanksgiving is not a day of many people.

Pheasant Fullness 043

Perhaps, it’s just a table for two.

Pheasant Fullness 020

This table for two seemed the perfect opportunity to showcase these amazing teal dishes that I picked up in a thrift store this Summer. Unfortunately there weren’t many.

Pheasant Fullness 025

Regardless of your numbers,…

Pheasant Fullness 046

…you can still celebrate in style.

Pheasant Fullness 051

I love the richness of this table for two.

Pheasant Fullness 057

The tablecloth echoes the dramatic colors of the attending fowl.

Pheasant Fullness 038

The pheasant proudly preside over the lushness.

Pheasant Fullness 031

Regardless of the number around your table this Thanksgiving…

Pheasant Fullness 034

I hope that yours is blessed.

Pheasant Fullness 010

Many long years ago, when I first moved into my home, I hosted my first Thanksgiving. It was long before my tablescaping days, but I put together these little cornucopias which were at each person’s place.

Pheasant Fullness 053

I guess it was shades of things to come! LOL!

Pheasant Fullness 040

Ok, so the low down on the origins of this table. I’ve had the turkey plates for many years. They were a dollar store purchase. As I was playing around with all of my Thanksgiving natured items, I couldn’t get over how well the little turkey plates went with this tablecloth. I believe the cloth is by Raymond Waites, but it’s not labeled so I’m not sure. The chargers are from Target. I love how the flatware (HomeGoods) mirrors the edge of the charger. As I said in the post, the teal plates are from a thrift shop. It must have been a regular dining set, from Italy, and got donated when the pieces started breaking. Despite its odd numbers of items, I couldn’t resist it’ color. Shortly thereafter I came across the napkins in HomeGoods. Clearly they had to go with the teal dishes, so they followed me home. The purple dinner plates, most of the pheasants, and the brown napkins were from HomeGoods a year or so ago. The two little salt and pepper pheasants that sit upon the footed pheasant cake plate were my Mom’s. She always had them on her Thanksgiving table. What else? Oh, the turned wood candlestick holders were bought a year or so ago at our local consignment shop. When I see them in boutiques and antique stores, I know I got a bargain. The goblets were from Horchow and the napkin rings (metal and leather!) were a quarter a piece the other day at Christmas Tree.

Join me Sunday to share how you are warming up your home, this season of thanks, at Seasonal Sundays.

Seasonal-Sunday-Teapot-copy_thumb3_t

Please visit the following parties I’m joining:

- The TablescaperPlate

35 comments:

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Absolutely! A table for two can certainly be elegant too. Yours is beautiful! I love all the beautiful blues in your setting. It's so wonderfully unexpected but looks fantastic with your pheasants! Gorgeous tablecloth too!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Totally amazing! Gorgeous tablescape, you make the greatest tablescapes and I so love the pheasants and it's so romantic too. Love the tabletopper! Thanks for sharing. FABBY

Tanya@takesix said...

It always amazes me how we can pick up things here and there, over the years and all of a sudden everything just goes together so well!! Beautiful table. I love your teal plates and all your pheasants!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

AshTreeCottage said...

So pretty and I agree, even if it's just a table for two, there is no reason why it can't be charming and welcoming!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Incredible! I love every detail

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

The French Hutch said...

Absolutely beautiful tablescape. I love the teal, the color looks great with the color on the pheasant pieces. I have some of the same pieces I collected through the years. They too come out for Thanksgiving. I know your are really special since they belonged to your mom.
Happy Thanksgiving...

~Emily
The French Hutch

sweet violets said...

Love the teal plates, and love how you combined the colors, just a fantastic tablescape.....and many blessings to you too!! hugs...cleo

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

I love the use of non-traditional sapphire color - it's gorgeous!

Mary said...

The colors are so lush & rich in your gorgeous tablecloth~ it looks like Raymond Waites! I love the pheasants...the goblets...all your elements are so handsome & beautiful!

Marigene said...

Just beautiful...that shade of teal is gorgeous, it goes so nicely with the rich brown. I love, love, love that tablecloth...can you tell me where you found it? This is one of my favorites of all the tables you have done.

Andrea (Softer Side of Me) said...

A table for two is gorgeous! Love all of the details and love the pheasants! Different but elegant. Your tables are always fasinating!!
Andrea

Marlis said...

Beautiful table. Love the colors. those teal plates are so pretty. Love the pheasants on the table.. xo marlis

Dzoli said...

Yes table for two.I wouldn't mind siting on this table with one another person:) You have such a great taste.

p.s. I am having a nice Giveaway over at my blog till 23rd November.Everyone is welcome:)

Dianne said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors and how you put everything together. That tablecloth is amazing as are your thrift store dishes! Dianne

Debbie said...

Some of my favorite tables are tables for two. There's just a charm about them. I had forgotten that until the nest emptied out last year.

You table, as always, is just wonderful. I would say my favorite part is the centerpiece, but I think the place settings with those turkey plates are just perfect too.

Designing Lady Jane said...

This is a beautiful table. I do love the teal plates, those colors really complement the autumn hues. Thanks for sharing.

Meredith said...

Beautiful setting. That table cloth is lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!

carolinajewel said...

What gorgeous colors! I love everything, but I am really drooling over all those pheasants! Can't believe those turkey plates were dollar store purchases! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathleen said...

Wow, those colors are vibrant, almost tropical looking!
Beautiful, table, very rich indeed. Can't beat those quarter napkin rings! Don't you just love a bargain!

Ana said...

What a beautiful and perfect table for two for Thanksgiving. Love all the gorgeous colors. Another great tablescape.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Lizabeth said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I love the pheasants- they really make the table! That tablecloth is awesome and it's amazing how your bargain turkey plates work so well with it and the new teal plates! You do such a great job of mixing! I'm quite new at all this but i get so inspired by people like you! We're heading down to be with family for Thanksgiving, otherwise it would be a table for two! Thanks for sharing!
P.S.- I started this new blog just for tablescapes...I hope you can come by and visit! Liz

Jacqueline said...

What a fun idea to do a table for 2! I just love the colors and your birds are amazing. The way you displayed them is just wonderful.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Isn't it great when we find little things here and there, and then all these cool finds are used to create a beautiful table! Love the pheasants! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Gina said...

Gorgeous! The table cover & the pretty teal dishes are the stars of this show.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful table and so fun to read how you acquire so many of your dishes! Love all your pheasants...

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Gorgeous Thanksgiving table!! The pheasants are wonderful and I love the tablecloth. Everything is beautiful. I am hosting "Holiday Dining" as part of the Blogger Block party. I hope you will share one of your fabulous tablescapes at the party starting on 12/8. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Simone said...

Your post hit home--we've had Thanksgiving just the 3 of us for about 30 of the last 35 years...

Love the pheasants--I want some!!

once in a blue moon said...

wonderful colors and textures~

Alycia Nichols said...

When you say "amazing teal dishes", you are SO not kidding! Those are beautiful!!! I love the way they work themselves so beautifully into the whole look and how they pick up on the color in the tablecloth!

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Beautiful Table for Two! We'll be having one of our own this year. You've encouraged me to "go all out" even though our number is small. Thanks ... and may your holiday be a happy and blessed one!

LDH said...

A very elegant table with lovely pieces so perfect for this time of year. You have created a most inviting place with the items you have collected. :)

Always a joy stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, Lorraine

ps I am so excited as my husband and I are planning a trip to your neck of the woods. In early Dec we will be in NYC! I just know it will be a wonderful time.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I love all of the pheasants, and I especially love that you have your mother's s&p shaker pheasants and that they are so perfect for this table. You always create such special and unique tables, and this one is no exception. Love the color combinations. laurie

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

The lushness of this table is the perfect symbolism for overflowing thanks this season! Love how every item has a story behind it, from humble to heartwarming!

Veronica said...

Your table for two is so detailed and the colours just fabulous!! Loved the little cornucopias...

Veronica
Tassles Twigs and Tastebuds

Babs said...

Beautiful tablescape with the pheasants, and I adore the barley twist candle sticks. Great find!