Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Burgundy Thanksgiving

burgundy Thanksgiving 031

Welcome to The Tablescaper.

burgundy Thanksgiving 003

I truly hope that you and your family are enjoying a blessed Thanksgiving this year.

burgundy Thanksgiving 008

Regardless of the many fictitious and romanticized stories surrounding the origins of Thanksgiving,…

burgundy Thanksgiving 014

…it is a wonderful thing that once a year our entire nation pauses to give thanks.

burgundy Thanksgiving 010

And to enjoy the bounty that surrounds us.

burgundy Thanksgiving 038

The inspiration for this table started with this Ralph Lauren tablecloth.

burgundy Thanksgiving 026

I was thrilled that these turkey towels cum napkins (a purchase last year from Christmas Tree) blended so well.

burgundy Thanksgiving 036

They provided the opportunity to use my Pottery Barn chargers. I purchased them quite a number of years ago at the Pottery Barn outlet. The Portuguese taupe dinner plates are a recent purchase from HomeGoods. I’m such a color person that I’m not usually drawn to neutral shades, but sometimes that’s just what you need to pull it all together. On a shopping trip this Summer with my good buddy, Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen, I scored these salad plates on clearance at Pier 1. I love how they match the Pottery Barn chargers.

burgundy Thanksgiving 022burgundy Thanksgiving 021burgundy Thanksgiving 017

burgundy Thanksgiving 013

The stack is topped off with transferware plates from my trip to Brimfield!

burgundy Thanksgiving 016

burgundy Thanksgiving 047

The little glass turkeys were a Christmas Tree this year. The goblets were from HomeGoods several years ago.

burgundy Thanksgiving 031

This fine fellow I just purchased yesterday! He’s a tureen by Spode (and was only $40.00 on a Pre-Black Friday sale). I’m plenty thankful for my purchase!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Join me Sunday to share how you are warming up your home, this season of thanks, at Seasonal Sundays.

Seasonal-Sunday-Teapot-copy_thumb3_t[2]

Please visit the following parties I’m joining:

- The TablescaperPlate

20 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful...especially love your Spode! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your table is so stunning!! I love the Turkey decorations. Very well put together. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Nancy @ Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Always beautiful! I LOVE the paisley tablecloth...I've been looking for one! The turkey towels are adorable as well. I have some of those plates...aren't they adorable?! I always like anything with haycocks so those plates were must haves for me! The little turkey dishes are so cute to. It looks so warm and inviting!

Happy Thanksgiving Alma (there, I said your name!)!

Nancy

once in a blue moon said...

i love your green turkeys!

Kathleen said...

Uh oh, now it's out, A.! :)

Looks like that turkey flew in just in time, it is perfect. Great table, the colors are fabulous! And the tablecloth is wonderful!

Have a great day, many blessings to you and your lovely family!

See you at 8 at CTS! 20 off! :)

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I love your turkeys! The Spode turkey is gorgeous; you do find some great buys!! The towels/napkins really do go nicely with that beautiful tablecloth. The little green glass turkeys are a whimsical touch for each setting.

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing your beautiful tablescapes with us all year.

xinex said...

Your plates are beautiful! And I love all your turkeys.Happy Thanksgiving to you all!...Christine

Barbara F. said...

I just added a new thing to my "bucket list" - a shopping expedition (yes, expedition, trip is just too lame!) with you and Kathleen!! This table is great and I am grateful to have found your blog. Happy Thanksgiving. xo

Robin said...

Ralph Lauren would be proud! Ha! Great job putting this all together. Very coordinated in every aspect. I wish I had seen those green dishes at CTS! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Kay Ellen said...

What a beautiful table :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a blessed holiday!

Kay Ellen

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

Of all the tables I've seen in Blogland, yours is the BEST!!!
The $40 turkey was a steal...what a handsome fellow!
♥'s
Sherry

Marigene said...

Gorgeous table, from the beautiful table linens do the colorful tureen. The little green covered turkeys are adorable.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gorgeous table and I love the layers of plates! That turkey is amazing! Wishing you a Blessed Thanksgiving.
hugs, Linda

Liz said...

So beautiful! I love the tablecloth and the "napkins" are perfect! That soup tureen makes me want one too! It's really quite the piece! My daughter found those same (top)dishes at a local 2nd hand shop for a steal of a price. She called me to see what I thought and I said grab them! $50 for six place settings and accessories! I hope to join Sunday but I'm not at home so we will see! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Your tables capes are amazing. I'm definitely in love with this RL linen. Perfect with its rich colors. Love the paisley. Glad that turkey found its way to your table. Good buy!
I'm thankful for your friendship! ~ Happy Day! ~ Sarah

Elaine said...

Your tablecloth is amazing! LOVE the deep rich colors, and the layered plates are PERFECT!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

Your table as always is beautiful. LOVE the turkey tureen. It is gorgeous. Its all very charming, warm and welcoming. But you know I love everything you do. Hope you have had a grand day.

Tess said...

This is such a gorgeous table! The tablecloth is to die for and I love your green glasses. But the turkey tureen is amazing!!! And your shopping savvy is unbelievable!! Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Entertaining Women said...

Gorgeous symphony of colors, textures, and design. I've been gazing at the Ralph Lauren tablecloth on eBay for some time. Seeing it on the table, I may have to indulge...again. Thanks for inviting us for a peak at your table. Cherry Kay

Alycia Nichols said...

Perfectly beautiful table! Every dish in your stack works well together, and the stemware is really pretty. I love the shape of it. Wonderful foundation linen. You just can't go wrong with Ralph Lauren's style!!! The glass turkeys are really great, too. They are the perfect way to top off! Hope your Thankgsiving was the best ever!