Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Where do you keep it all?–Part 2–Seasonal Sundays

white where do you keep copy

WELCOME!!!

Yeah, it’s finally here! Where do you keep it all? That’s the question

that I am constantly asked. So what could be  a more appropriate way

to celebrate my SECOND Blog-aversary than to share where I keep it

all. Last year, on my FIRST blog-aversary I shared where I stored a lot

of my dishes. Click HERE to see last year’s celebration.

173

Since last year I shared a lot of my dish storage, I decided that this

year I would focus on where I keep my linens. When I redid my

basement several years ago, I had this closet built for my tablecloths.

You’re seeing the left side of the closet. The doors slide and there is an

equal amount of space on the right. I had the closet double hung with

permanent rods to accommodate more tablecloths.

175

What you can’t see, and what I tried really hard to photograph, but

had no luck is that the closet is two deep. So it’s not only double

hung – top and bottom. It is double front and back. It’s a bit difficult

to get to the ones in the back, but it works.

176

I organize the tablecloths similarly to how I organize all of my

tablescaping items, by color. This is the silver, gold, cream area.

177

Here we have blacks, dark blue, browns, and then into the prints.

180

The prints flow from pastel patterns to blues to reds. In the back, the

part I couldn’t effectively photograph are the solids: yellows, pinks,

reds, greens, blues, etc.

188

Now, as you flip through these photos, you no doubt see these little

tags on each hanger.

182

Well, this little compulsive trait has a story. When I was growing up

my Mom loved to entertain. No great surprise there. She kept her

tablecloths (which are now part of my collection) hung in her

bedroom closet. I have many memories of picking out a cloth with her,

bringing it downstairs and invariably not having it fit – depending

upon how many leaves were in the table. So back up to her room we’d

go to rehang the inappropriately sized cloth and try again.

185

Even as a child, this drove me crazy. Because of this, each and

everyone of my tablecloths have been measured and labeled. I

frequently forget the exact size I need for my dining room table

depending upon how many leaves are in the table. I have the

measurements of the actual size of the table and each leaf, along with

the preferred tablecloth size on a little sheet of paper taped on the

inside of a kitchen cabinet.

186

I give only a minor description of the cloth as the tag actually stays on

the hanger. The hanger sits empty in the closet while the cloth is in

use and while it’s being laundered. I also indicate how many

matching napkins a given cloth has. The matching napkins hang

with the cloth. I have a LOT of tablecloths, a great number of which I

inherited so putting this system into place was no easy task, but one

that was well worth it. I keep a little box of the tags and a pen right

near the closet so that new cloths can be appropriately labeled. It’s

real easy to do with a new cloth as the measurement is right on the

packaging.

220

As I mentioned above, if a tablecloth has matching napkins, those

napkins are hung with the tablecloth, however I have MANY napkins

that are not matches to a tablecloth. For a long time I floundered with

the best way to store them – in drawers, in stacks, etc. What I finally

settled on and really seems to work is to have them in plastic storage

boxes. I chose a plastic box whose end could accommodate a napkin

folded in four and laying flat against that end.

202203

206205

204 The napkins are grouped by color.

212

I had so many white, cream, off white and ecru napkins, that I went

so far as to make dividers out of heavy cardboard, labeled the top of

the divider, and inserted them in the box, akin to a file cabinet. I find

that having the napkins on their ends, rather than lying flat or

stacking them allows me to page through them and see them easier.

214

Each set of napkins is in it’s own zippered bag. The outside of the bag

identifies how many napkins are in each bag. It saves a lot of

counting! When I’m working on a table, I’ll go to the napkin boxes

and pull out several bags of napkins that I think might work. Once

I’ve made my decision, it’s easy to slide the bags right back into place.

storage 008

I find the two and a half gallon zip bags the best to allow the napkins

to lay flat and not bunch up. Similar to the tablecloth and hanger

method, when a set of napkins is in use or being laundered, the bag

sits empty awaiting their return.

storage 020

For better or worse, seasonal napkins have their own little set of

drawers.

222

Well you can’t have all of those napkins without a bunch of napkin

rings. OK, maybe more than a bunch.

198

196

195

I find these shallow stacking drawers to be the perfect storage

solution for napkin rings, place card holders and such. You just slide

open the drawer and grab what you need. Of course, they are sorted

by color.

storage 026

If you glance back two photos, you’ll see that the napkin ring drawers

are sitting atop an old chest of drawers. These drawers house my table

runners and such.  This drawer hold table runners in the blues. I’ve

even gone so far as to label the outside of these drawers. No matter

how well you think you know your stuff, when you start to

accumulate this much you forget. Label, label, label. Sometimes I

think I’m single handily keeping the company that makes the label

tape in business! LOL.

storage 011

So on to placemats. This is a work in progress. These are larger

stackable drawers. My good friend Nancy gave me a bunch of these as

she recently had built in shelving installed. It’s a great way to store

placemats, but the truth is, I’m running out of space in which to put

the stackable drawers.

storage 017

These round mats frequently act as chargers (oh, chargers, that’s a

whole other story).  They used to be color sorted, but that seems to

have gone by the wayside. These sure look like they could use a bit of

straightening. I like to keep them out where I can see them.

blog 007

Clearly I love to collect and change things out with the seasons. Dish

towels and hand towels are no exception. I found that I had so many

dish towels, they clearly went beyond the capacity of my kitchen

drawers. One day on a “space for storage” hunt in my home, I realized

there was a cabinet in my laundry room above the dryer that really

wasn’t being utilized to it’s fullest potential. Yes, those are teacups

and pitchers up there on the ledge. But they’re not there for storage

per se, they’re there in a decorative sense. One of these days I’ll have to

do a tour of my laundry room. It’s small but fun and functional (and

has music, anything to try to make doing laundry better!).

blog 010

But what to put in there was a bit of a quandary. Now don’t get me

wrong, there was no lack of stuff to put in the cabinet, but rather

exactly what stuff was the issue. Most of my dishes are in my dish

room in my basement. All of the linens in the earlier part of this post

are also stored in my basement. What was the right thing to cull out

of the collection that could stand alone, be put on the second

floor (and not have part of the collection in the basement and part

upstairs).

blog 013

Seasonal towels won. This was definitely one of my better organizing

projects. I sorted out the towels by occasion, assigned shelves and

labeled. The good thing about doing this was that I realized how

many seasonal towels I have. Basically I don’t buy anymore.

blog 002

This is one of those situations where you could say, why bother

labeling? It’s pretty obvious which are the Christmas towels and

which are the Harvest towels. But by labeling it just makes it easier.

blog 003

I must have organized these three or four years ago. What I love, is

that they have stayed organized.

blog 014

And because they are organized and easily accessible, I use what I

have. If you can’t find it, you don’t use it and there is just no sense to

having it at all.

storage 005

By now you clearly must think I’m nuts or have an organizing fetish

or both. I don’t think either are the case. I have many wonderful

treasures and I like to use them. I just know that if I can’t find them, I

don’t remember I have them and don’t use them. Lest you think that

everything in my home is order (those that know me, know that this

couldn’t be further from the truth), I’m sharing the above photo and

parting photo with you.

I recently celebrated my birthday. So what do I ask for and get on my

birthday?  DISHES!!! The ones in the center – white with soft touches

of pink and splashes of gold flowers and decorations, they look

vintage but are new – were a birthday gift from my dear friend and

fellow dish-a-holic Barbara.

I love to mix and match my dishes and therefor am always on the

lookout for solids. I had spied the lovely lavender/orchid plates and

French blue plates in the Crate and Barrel catalog. My patient

husband, Mr. Scaper, and wonderful children indulged me. I was

thrilled (still am), BUT where to put them???

Those close to me know, I collect in sets of 12, so that’s 12 plates from

Barbara and 12 dinner plates and 12 salad plates in lavender plus 12

dinner plates and 12 salad plates in blue. That means I need to find a

home for 60 new plates!!!!!! Nancy gave me placemats (12 of course)

but I think I can squeeze those in.

Good thing Kathleen, of Cuisine Kathleen, gave me my birthday

present early. I’ve already found a home for them (of course they were

dishes). Which reminds me, I’ve got to do post with those.

Enough about me, I can’t wait to see where YOU keep it all!

- The Tablescaper

66 comments:

shae said...

LOVE all your storage! That is quite the collection of linens.....and so organized! I, too, store my napkins in plastic bags & write how many of that pattern there is.....makes it SO much easier! Thanks for hosting the party & congrats on your 2nd blog-iversary!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Wow! What incredible collections you have. I'm so impressed with the way you've organized everything. Girl.. I would be in "heaven" looking at all those beautiful things up close and personal. Due to Mr. P's illness last year we had an auction I sold a lot of my treasures, only to discover I missed them and now am trying "slowly" to replace...ahhhhh. Thank you again for the invite to your party. Happy Blogiversary!!!! hugs ~lynne~

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am very impressed with your closet for tablecloths. I don't have too many since I find I use placemats more often. I have mine on skirt hangers in my hall closet. I'm working on my napkin and napkin ring organization and got some good ideas from you! Thanks for hosting this fun party again. Hugs, Linda

afternoon tea said...

What great ideas you have. I don't (yet) have very many tablecloths, napkins and placemats besides white linen ones. But now that I've put together three (or four) totes full of damask linen, I've started buying more colourful ones. I've been hanging them in the closet, but I never thought of putting tags on with the size and napkins listed. That is a GREAT idea. I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's great ideas. This is a great topic.
AT

AshTreeCottage said...

Oh my ~ so many lovely things and everything so well organized!! Wonderful and inspirational post. Happy 2nd Blogversary!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sweetladyelaine said...

Congrats on being a blogger for two years! You have done a surperb job!I love visiting your blog.
WOW!! You have just blown me away!!! Not only are you neat, but you have so many beautiful dishes, tablecloths, towels and napkin rings etc. I have been blogging only one year on June 3rd. I hang my tablecloths up too. It keeps them neat and less ironing. Plus I hate to iron! Thanks for sharing the idea to color coordinate everything. I have not gotten to that point yet, but I know I will. Thanks for sharing...and may your year of blogging be all you hope it to be. MORE DISHES!!!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love this, your treasures are very, very organized! This is wonderful, I've enjoyed looking at this. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs. FABBY

Daphne said...

Happy Anniversary, Tablescaper! What a super collection of linens and napkin rings you have. Congrats on creating such a great systems of organization.

Kathleen said...

That was well worth the wait! You have so much! Even if mine was as organized as yours, which it isn't!, I don't have as much. Look at all those napkin rings! Just amazing!
Thanks for the tour, I loved it. My family isn't as supportive. They think I should have the mother of all garage sales and get rid of it all. :(
So part 3 will be the flatware??
I got some dishes today.
When we got home from the anniversary Mass there was a box of very pretty villeroy and Boch on my porch!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

I am totally amazed at your organzational skills and how many things you have for tablescaping!! Fantastic!! I wish I had the space for all of that.
I know I promised that I would join in but I am so very behind because of my Kitchen redo. I see the link is good for 2 more days so I will try to get something together to submit about where I keep all of my Christmas decorations!
Hugs,
Debbie

dogsmom said...

Happy Blogiversary and belated Happy Birthday!

This is one of those posts I have to return to again and again and share with others. I am in awe.

First of all, you are never allowed to look in any of my closets.
I very much agree with your statements about if you are going to collect treasures you need to be able to enjoy them. I am going to learn from your generous suggestions. You do inspire me to do better.

Poppy said...

Congratulations on your second blog anniversary and for inviting me to this wonderful party. This is an amazing post... and I'm totally awed at your organizational skill and your gorgeous gorgeous collection! I loved how you organized your tablecloths in those hangers. You have given me so any ideas on how to get organized.. thank you for sharing this and for your sweet comment earlier on my patriotic table. The blue goblets are purchased from the Pfaltzgraff outlet store many years ago. Thanks for having us. Have a lovely week!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

What a fun post with some great ideas! I, too, have played the "tablecloth doesn't fit" game -- and didn't like it either. Now my full-size cloths are sorted by Sm/Med/Lg - depending on whether I have 1, 2, or 3 leaves in my table. So much easier!

Jojo said...

Wow! Amazing holdings and what an incredible job you have done in organizing and cataloging everything. This was a really fun tour behind the scenes.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

WOW, you have a lot of linens and things. At least you are very organized. Now you can come do my house. congrats on two years and thanks for hosting.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You have an amazing storage system! It's beyond impressive. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

{ L } said...

WOW!! You have no idea how impressed I am with your organization. It's amazing.

Marlis said...

Wow, I love how organized you are and your ideas for storage are amazing. I love the ideas of the napkins standing upright. I tagged my linens too and that certainly has made life much easier. Your collections are amazing. Wow. Thanks for hosting and congrats on 2 years!! many blessings, marlis

Sunny Simple Life said...

Amazing!! I didn't know one person could own so much table ware and lines. Like a store's display dept. No wonder you can make such varied and beautiful tables. PS.. love your patriotic header and how ever did you bend the letters.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh my goodness! YOU ARE THE MASTER TABLESCAPER OF BLOGGLAND! YOur beautiful and bountiful linens are so well organized and your system is well thought out. I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea of tagging your linens! You have so many wonderful ideas in this post! Thanks for all the tips.

Happy 2nd Bloggiversary! I wish you
many many more! And Thanks for being a good friend!
xo Yvonne

Barbara F. said...

Happy 2nd blogaversary! You are most definitely my idol! You should write a how-to book. I am amazed at what you post weekly. Thank you for all that you do and all that you share. xo,

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

First time visiting and I want to go shopping in your linen closet!! The organization of the tablecloths would put department stores to shame!
Happy Anniversary!

Betty said...

I love your stuff! I also enjoy all your beautiful tablescapes. You are so creative. This party is just great fun. Thanks for the invite.
xo
Betty

xinex said...

Reading your post makes me feel better, lol.I am not the only one. But boy, do you have a lot of napkins and tablecloths! Wow! I love the way you organize. Good idea about the napkins. I ran out of storage that I am am using baskets now, which I did not show in my post. Belated happy birthday!...Christine

Denise said...

You have an amazing collection of linens!! I'm really impressed with your organization method for the tablecloths. Reminds me of something my Mom would do. You have some lovely things -- thanks for sharing and hosting the party.

Denise at Forest Manor

Diann said...

Looks like we had the same idea regarding where to focus our posts. I did my linens as well. I think that I am going to have to keep an eye out for the plastic drawers for napkin rings. Mine are way over flowing the 2 drawers I have them in. thanks for hosting. have a great day!

Entertaining Women said...

I had to giggle...I have label tags for all of my tablecloths, too....it's just that a bunch of them are resting in a bowl because I didn't get the cloth back on the correct hanger. Love the double wide/double deep closet for your linens. Sounds like you'd be a candidate for one of the automatic motorized things that they use in the dry cleaners...the ones that go around in a circle! Thank you for hosting the meme, and happy 2nd blogiversary! I can't believed that I shared so much of my stuff...I must really trust everyone out there in blogworld. Cherry Kay

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

To say that I am totally stunned and impressed is a vast understatement! Your organizing system for all your tablescaping wares is stupendous. Happy 2nd blog-aversary again!

bj said...

So many congrats on your 2nd year of blogging.
You have such an in amazing collection of beautiful things to set a table with. Just AMAZING. And, to have the room to organize things the way you have is indeed a blessing. You have done a remarkable job on all of it.
Thanks for hosting this fun party.
xo bj

suzyq said...

Oh my goodness!! I cannot believe all this storage - do you store your husband the same way??? I have never seens so much linen, tablescaper 'stuff' and just 'gorgeousness' (is that a word?'. I am drooling...
Suzyq
PS I need to get to the shops to buy 'stuff' LOL

Jeanne said...

Hi Diane
I am following up on your suggestion to join in on Seasonal Sunday again but I think I am a bit confused!
Apologies...are you still doing the same as before? I am the odd duck in here but was not sure where to put my link.

That aside...WOW...you are super organized and I am most impressed. I am going to have a look around at the other blogs for inspiration. Maybe then, I will one day join you here. I can't bare to look in my closets at the moment!
Best wishes for a lovely day

Jeanne xx

Luncheons at the Junction said...

Happy Second Blogger-versary!!!! I cannot believe the extensive collection you have. No wonder your posts are my very favorite. I credit you with inspiring me and prompting me to join this wonderful community of creative people like yourself, and I so look forward to future posts.

3generations said...

Fun! I wish I could see all of the links on the right! Happy Anniversary on your FABULOUS blog!

Rose H (UK) said...

OMG! I'm gobsmacked! (probably an English term!)
I really did consider joining in on your 2nd Anniversary celebration - many, many congratulations by the way. Until I saw how neat and imaginative you all are :o) I have things 'shoved' in every available space in cabinets and cupboards - totally unorganised, which is really NOT like me, and was too ashamed to share. Though somehow I'm relieved to see that many of you have MUCH more 'stuff' than me! It's made me realise I need a re-think to reorganise my storage solutions. Thank you all for being so brave and sharing.....Now, how can I go about digging a basement?
LOL!
Best wishes
Rose H

Emily said...

Now I understand how you do this, you are so well organized! You would have to be to find anything. Your better organized than most catering companies I've used. Your storage is well planned and thought out and your so lucky to have your family's support. I'm impressed. I'm in awe of all your beautiful china. It even looks great in storage! I'm so impressed, you've inspired me to do something like this, small scale. Wow, thanks for sharing, this is so interesting.........Alway, thanks for hosting your party each week.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I just sigh looking at your beautiful tablecloth closet, such treasures! Congrats on 2 years and thanks for a lot of fun:@)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady. You have so much love all your storage !! your collection of placemats and napkins are just Beautiful !!!
I love the way you put your Tablecloths together by colors sweet lady. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. I would like to Thanks you so much for Hosting this Party and congrate on your 2nd Blog!! Where do you keep it all? Part 2
I hope you have a Great Weekend.
XXOO Diane

tammylovesdishes said...

I love, love, love this party! Happy Anniversary and thanks for hosting this fabulous "Where do you keep it all" party again this year.

I have gotten some great storage ideas from your post. I cannot wait to put them into practice. I, too, love to be organized and currently am not. Your labels are wonderful. I have collected so many wonderful things but the lack of organization is really bothering me. Your ideas have given me some direction. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It was quite a treat to see your collections, too!
Tammy

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Wow! I thought I was being creative now I see I have quite a bit of organizing to do. LOL! I love how you have things labeled and stacked in bins. This may be something I will have to seriously consider if I'm going to keep going with this. I love your linens and your tag systems as well. I would be like a kid in a candy store choosing things to tablescape with from your loot. This was fun and I'm picking up such great storage tips. Thanks for hosting such a helpful party!

Dianne said...

Now you know that the people reading this post do NOT think you are crazy! Great organizational tips! I can't wait to see and read everyone else's storage solutions. Thanks for hosting the party. Dianne

Tanya@takesix said...

Congratulations on your 2nd Blog-iversary! You are such a mentor and fine example of "how to do it well!" What a resource this post and your blog will be for me. I just started doing tablescapes at Easter of this year. But, my goodness, I am having fun, and am hoping to organize well from the start. THANK YOU!!!

Pam said...

Love your posts and love your storage and organization. I, too, hang my tablecloths with matching napkins. I think I will do what you've done and label each cloth. Mine are in a closet upstairs, and I hate going up and down till I get the right one! Plus I could ask someone to get the right one if they're labeled. Great ideas! Thank you for sharing your ideas and all your beautiful things.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm speechless - or written wordless. WOW! You sure do have it all organized. I really enjoyed seeing everything.

Scribbler said...

I just showed your post to my husband, because he thinks I have too many dishes. I have proved to him that no one can hold a candle to you! We are in the middle of redoing our kitchen because our cabinets were falling off the walls, and other various horrors, so I will be late with my post for your party, but I will link later.

I have decided that you need be running a major corporation or even the country with all that organizational talent!

Carol said...

WOW, you are so organized. I couldn't find my mind half the time, let alone a tablecloth :) I love how the cloths are tagged, that is really a great idea.
Happy Blogaversary, you set stunning tables!

Deb said...

LOVED this last year and again this year...can't wait til Part 3!!

Rettabug said...

I sure WISH I were as organized as you, Ms. A...terrific use of every single inch of space! Love that everything is labeled & color coordinated, too. I'm SO impressed!!

Sorry I had to use last year's post to join your party. My wrist & arm are killing me...numb & aching. Going to see my step-son, the orthopod tomorrow for injections.

Happy Second year of blogging & thanks for hosting the party. Sorry to be such a poop.
fondly,
Rett

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Well I guess that I wasn't the only one to wonder where it all went back to for future use! Wow, you are a master of orginization in addition to being a wizzard of color. Thanks for filling us all in as to how things work around your house. I have a story and a half barn outside where some of the long term storage goes, in bins. I try. And there is a closet upstairs for tablecloths. I have a bench in the kitchen which has a storage box under the seat. It hold a lot of cloths and placemats. There are baskets on pegs across the kitchen ceiling which hold napkins and mats. But I have nowhere near the amount that you have to care for. My sideboard in the dining room holds really large tablecloths. O.K. I guess thais makes me a tableclothaholic too.Great blog. I always enjoy finding out about the back stories to the posts. Cheers lori from the Jarvis Garnen.

Designs By Pinky said...

THANK YOPU, THANK YOU, for this post! You have given me so many good ideas for storage!!!!! I, too, hang my tablecloths but never thought to label them as to size! DUH!!!! Love the little drawers for the napkin rings too! I will be getting some of those tomorrow! SO many good ideas! Thanks again. I am too embarrassed to link up to this party....my things (dishes etc.) are all over the house!!!!!!!! XO, Pinky

A Perfect Setting said...

Your organization is incredible. I think I might first try your napkin storage, just like a filing system! I think I look through every drawer when trying to decide on napkins. I can relate to your mother, I tried post-its stuck to the tablecloths with the size, but that didn't work. Unfortunately, I can't hang them all, but labeling with the size is such a great idea. I'm wondering how long it took you to accumulate all this, and also, to organize it all! Wow, impressive!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I had to show this to my husband...he said the same thing as me.....holy cow! You have quite the collection and have it so nicely organized and stored. Brilliant to mark all the tablecloths with size tags!!! That is a great idea. You have an amazing collection!

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

WOW! I just picked my jaw up off the floor. You have A LOT of fun beautiful things...it is amazing. What a legacy there. The key to your success I am sure is your diligent organization which takes dedication. This was very much fun to read and visit the other links. I didn't link up this week as I didn't get a chance to create a post for this but had wished too - however we had unexpected company. Happy Blog Anniversary and for this great weekly link up!

lulumusing said...

Oh my gosh, talk about organized. I loved seeing all your things....now I know who to contact when I'm looking for just the right thing.
Sorry I don't fit this week. I posted from the road where internet connection was sketchy and tried a new offline method. I missed the message!

Sizzle and Zoom said...

WOW. I thought I had a problem
collecting stuff for dinner parties-you know to change the themes and have the right colors, etc. I have my napkins and tablecloths hanging in my closet. So I am normal, almost everybody does this?

Barb~Bella Vista Cottage said...

Hi, I am in total awe! Just wonderful. You are so organized.

Happy Blog Anniversary!!

Barb

JudyBug said...

I'm amazed both at your collection and your organizational skills. I'm a little (or a lot) OCD and now you've done it. I'm going to have to do my tablecloths like your's. Mine are hanging but not labeled. Oh dear.

Jo said...

Great day!... I love your collections,and congrats on
2nd-blog-iversary.
I've tried linking up with my Daddy's collection of books~sigh!
I don't think I have had success!
Help!
~Jo
Lazyonloblolly

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh my gosh! I actually like to organize and even label things and my dish room is constantly having to be reorganized to fit in the latest finds...but, that is a lot of tablecloths! I don't have nearly that many, or runners, or placemats and very few napkin rings actually. This was fun. I would have played along but the family issues have taken over and I'm just slowly getting back to blogging.

I hang my clothes in my closet by color:)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Wow! You are super organized!! I'm wondering who is the Queen of Dishes, maybe it's you! For sure you are queen of tablecloths! LOL!

I just told Kathleen I'm too chicken to show my stash, not a pretty sight! My biggest problem is I forget what I have!! I made a list and took photos, but sometimes still forget!!

Thanks for sharing!

Katherine

Pattie T. said...

Wow! What an amazing organizer you are. I don't know if I'm more impressed by the sheer volume, or your storage system. I LOVED looking at all of your great stuff. Oh, how I envy people with storage space! I wanted to participate in this, but, embarrassingly, much of what I have is stored under furniture (couches, chairs, sideboards, etc.) because we live in a house that is 119 years old and closets are at a premium. It doesn't keep me from acquiring things, mind you, I just have to get very creative.

Brenda said...

Of course, I'm simply amazed and delighted to see your collections, and your talent at keeping it all organized and stored...but what I'm really, really, really envious about.... is that your DH (dearhubby) not only "doesn't" gripe about having more than one dish set, but supports you and supplies you!!!!! (Okay-my DH very grudgingly accepted having a "good" set of dishes in addition to our everyday set - but absolutely cannot understand having more than that). So if there is a secret (do you give him special vitamins or foods to gain his acceptance and support?) please, please, please share! To the exclusion of finding a new DH, I'll try anything! ;)

Denise said...

Just read this post. I keep my napkins in boxes as well, but never thought of using plastic bags. Boy! What a way to cut down on the counting and it sure encourages a person to put them back in a nice orderly fashion. I'm buying a new box of plastic bags the very next time I go to the store.

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

WOW!
... I love your storage and how you have organised everything!!

I showed my hubby part 1 of your tableware collection as well cause he thinks we have too many plates etc lol

Amazing! ... I love it all!!
Wish I had a bigger house with heaps more storage. I admire your organisation skills - and your tableware too :)

Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

ann k said...

I am a novice at this dish thing that you have down to an art! Since I have just started my collection is relatively small. It growing so I found it very interesting on how you have organized all of your supplies. Your organization is as impressive as your tablesscaping. Thanks so much for sharing what works well for you.

ann k said...

I am a novice at this dish thing that you have down to an art! Since I have just started my collection is relatively small. It's growing so I found it very interesting on how you have organized all of your supplies. Your organization is as impressive as your tablesscaping. Thanks so much for sharing what works well for you.

Sandra Lee said...

Congrats on your two year blogaversary. I have enjoyed your beautiful tables. I can't wait to show this post to my family who thinks I have lots of dishes and tableware. Your system for keeping it together is a good one. I've moved my napkins around several times and I think I will adopt your method. Great ideas and thanks for the inspiration.