Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Seasonal Sundays # 54–Father’s Day

Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy

Welcome to Seasonal Sundays #54.

May 010

With Father’s day upon us…

Click on “More Photos” to see complete post.

May 001

…I can’t help but think of the phrase…

May 003

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.

May 007

Obviously my train of thought is that a Father is like a Mighty Oak

and their child, a little acorn.

May 041

The canopy of this mighty oak is my backyard, although the tree itself

isn’t in my yard.

May 033

It’s Father’s Day.

Copy of May 028

Here in the Northeast, that means that school is almost out and

Summer is about to begin.

May 047

We have one more week of school. I know in many parts of the

country school has been out for several weeks.

May 020

Mr. Scaper and our youngest are going to a Met game.

May 052

That’s fine with the rest of us since we’re not sports fans and the older

two have finals to study for.

May 040

Since the game is on Sunday, per Mr. Scaper’s request we celebrated

Father’s Day with Saturday night dinner at his Tennis Club. So

no “Father’s Day” table this year.

Copy of May 015

How will you celebrate Father’s Day?

Please note, I have enabled a new feature of InLinkz. As we all know, by linking to a blog party you receive more traffic and the host receives more traffic. Unfortunately, some individuals do not provide a link back to the host’s blog. That’s unfair as it generates traffic for the participant, but not for the host. InLinkz has a new feature which won’t allow you to link to Seasonal Sundays, unless the participant's post provides a link back to The Tablescaper.

Also, a participant must provide a link to their actual post, not just their blog. For example, if I was linking to the party when the linking mechanism asks for your URL, I would have to enter: http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2011/06/reprise-of-its-cherry-season.html rather than just http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/.

Most participants do all of the above and none of this will bother you or make any difference to your linking. If you forgot to enter a link back or aren’t entering the full post title, you’ll get a pop up message explaining the problem. For more information of this feature, click HERE. If you’re having any difficulties, don’t hesitate to email me at: thetablescaper@gmail.com

- The Tablescaper

24 comments:

lulumusing said...

A Mets game....how much fun those were when I lived in NYC. I can hear the crowd now! Hopefully, here tomorrow will be clear and sunny so the father can do what he likes best, boat.

lulumusing said...

A Mets game....how much fun those were when I lived in NYC. I can hear the crowd now! Hopefully, here tomorrow will be clear and sunny so the father can do what he likes best, boat.

Barbara F. said...

Happy Father's Day to Mr. Scaper! A Mets fan-a good guy! Loved the cherry post, too. Always amazing tables. Have a great weekend, xo

Diann said...

Happy Father's Day to Mr. Scaper! I hope he has a wonderful day! thank for hosting!

Dianne said...

Beautiful photographs. Have a great time at the game. Dianne

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

A Beautiful tribute to Dad's! Happy Father's Day to your Mr Scaper! What a fun day to go to the Mets game! My Mom's FAVORITE TEAM, My Dad is a Dodger fan(of course it WAS the Brooklyn Dodgers)...
Thank you for hosting all our fun!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Donna

dogsmom said...

Happy Father's Day to Mr. Scaper.

Not only has school ended here but I was amazed that summer school is in session for the younger kids already. Shorter days and fewer days per week it seems the kids around here actually enjoy summer classes.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Sounds like you have a lovely Saturday planned. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day dinner.

xinex said...

How fun! Happy Father's Day to Mr. Scaper. Beautiful pictures!.....chisine

Sarah said...

Happy Father's Day to Mr. Scaper. Beautiful tree. I hope you all have a lovely day. Good luck to the ones taking finals. ~ Sarah

SavannahGranny said...

I have had that problem with the brownie a couple of times. Can you please take my entry down and I will enter again in the AM. I now think I know what caused it. So sorry for the inconvenience.
I loved the analogy of the oak and the acorn on this special day. It truly represents our heritage. Thank you, it is a beautiful sentiment and the pictures as well.
Ginger :)

PS: I will try to correct and reenter. Don't know if it will let me.

Nancy said...

Such beautiful photos~!
Have fun at the game.
Happy Fathers Day to your hubby.

Nancy

Sonia said...

Love the pictures of the big oak trees..our yard is full of mature trees and we enjoy looking up into the canopies! Hope you have a great time at the game with your man!

Miss Bloomers

Shel said...

Stunning photography and thank you for hosting!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like a perfect Father's Day-enjoy:@)

Luncheons at the Junction said...

What sweet thoughts and sentiments for such a special day. We were always Yankee fans - Okay, I can hear the boos from here LOL. Never mind the team, it's all about togetherness right? Enjoy!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

I bet your hubby will have a wonderful time at the Mets Game!!

Thanks so much for hosting this great party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful photos. I'm remembering my Dad today and missing him very much!
hugs, Linda

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Hello from Frog Hollow Farm - I loved your oak tree analogy - so very sweet. Sending good luck for those final exams!! Ciao, bella! xxoo

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

I love that phrase above (about the acorns...) so sweet. Thank you for hosting.

Tanya@takesix said...

Love your reference to the mighty oak and acorns. So very applicable. Your pics are lovely!! Thank you for hosting SS!

Debbie said...

Your photographs are just wonderful! Our schools have been out for nearly a month, and summer has been burning down on us since the beginning of May.

I would trade locations with you in a minute!

Любонька said...

Как прекрасно!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Hope you DH had a wonderful Father's Day at the game! I love your teacup planter!!