Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ladies Christmas Luncheon 2010

IMG_0226
Welcome to my Ladies Christmas Luncheon!
IMG_0223
When you arrive, I have a cocktail waiting for you.
IMG_0226
I love to make my guests feel special by having an interesting cocktail to welcome them.
IMG_0228
This year we had Pomegranate Martinis.
IMG_0236
A number of years ago, as I made my way through the hustle and bustle of Christmas, I realized that something was missing.
IMG_0241
I host a lavish Christmas Eve and a smaller event on Christmas Day, both for my family.
IMG_0257
But, as much as I love my family, I realized that the “something” I was missing, was the that I needed to celebrate this wonderful time with my friends, as well. That began my annual Ladies Christmas Luncheon.
IMG_0272
While we’re busy decorating and shopping and wrapping and baking and writing cards and everything else we put into this holiday…
IMG_0248
…don’t forget to take time to celebrate your friendships.
IMG_0253
Each place was marked with a little gift for each of my friends.
IMG_0265
And this year the weather was fair, so our Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen was able to join in my celebration. It was wonderful to have her with us.
IMG_0276
I was anxious to use my new Mikasa plates that I got from Christmas Tree Shop. I chose the mistletoe design…
IMG_0270
…and the holly design.
IMG_0255
I like the crisp white background.
IMG_0273
The napkins were a Century 21 purchase. The holly napkin rings are from Walmart, many years ago.
IMG_0287
We started with shrimp cocktail followed by creamed mushroom chicken tarragon upon a pastry shell (but I realize you can’t even see the pastry - LOL!); grilled baby zucchini topped with pomegranates; and a salad of mixed Spring greens with red pears, parmesan shavings, candied walnuts and a lemon, olive oil dressing.
Lots of red and green! It’s so hard to take food photos in the midst of entertaining, but I snagged this one so  could share it with you. The grilled zucchini don’t look too appetizing, but they were tasty!
IMG_0274
Hope that you make time to enjoy the season – with your family AND your friends.
IMG_0266
Merry Christmas to all of my friends in blogland. I wish I could gather all of my friends from blogland around my table. Please know that you are there in spirit.
I’m joining the following memes. Be sure to visit them for inspiration:



  • Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday 


  • Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday


  • Joyce at I Love Pretty Little Things for Friday Pretties


  • Jerri at Simply Sweet Home for Friday Favorites


  • Laurie   at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday Looking forward to seeing you at Seasonal Sundays (see tab at the very top of the post for details).

    - The Tablescaper
  • 35 comments:

    Mary Drummond said...

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    Entertaining Women said...

    I love every detail...so what else is new? I particularly am enamored with the amethyst crystal...an original take on a Christmas tablescape. I totally agree...I cherish my Christmas celebration with my precious friends as much as my family festivities. I'm glad that Cuisine Kathleen could join you for the party. I've enjoyed meeting you here in blog world. I look forward to sharing more about our passion for entertaining and dishes...and getting to know you better in 2011. Merry Christmas, most talented lady! Cherry Kay

    Candy @ The Little Round Table said...

    Everything looks just beautiful!

    Happy Holiday!

    Candy

    Pattie T. said...

    Absolutely beautiful! I would love to attend such a lovely lunch.

    timbuck2mom said...

    Lovely. The glasses, the plates, the centerpiece, it's all beautiful.

    Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

    Oh that is so gorgeous!
    You really created a beautiful table that I know your friends must have loved!
    And your tree, simply stunning!
    I love those plates and napkins, they just say Christmas to me!
    Merry Christmas!
    Cindy

    It's me said...

    Wishing you a warm and cosy christmas with your friends and familly.......blessings and love from me.......Ria......love love love ...xxxxxx......xxxxx.....xxxx....

    Deb said...

    Stunning! And a great reminder as well. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    Rettabug said...

    Goshes-Galoshes...this is just GORGEOUS!! You went all out, Ms. T. Your guests had to feel so special to be greeted with a yummy cocktail & then to see THIS table. Wow! All the stemware is spectacular & I have some serious envy going on. ♥ your new plates, too.
    I hear you've got a photo of the divine Ms. Kathleen & the group. ????

    Rettabug said...

    Ooops, I hit submit before I had a chance to say "Have a wonderfully Blessed Merry Christmas & more importantly, a HEALTHY New Year!"

    fondly,
    Rett

    Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

    Fabulous! I love your martini's. I served my girls Cranberry/Pomegranite juice with a splash of Champagne. They were wonderful. I wish I would have rimmed them with the green sugar, like you did :)

    Marlis said...

    a truly delightful idea. I love your crystal.. Oh my gosh I LOVE it... your new Mikasa plates are really beautiful. Your whole table just makes my heart sing. Love those boxes - a great way to make friends feel special. Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the blessings of the new year unfold by the thousands!

    Kathleen said...

    It was a lovely luncheon, A., the table looked wonderful. The red stemware is just gorgeous, and you carried out the red and green right down to the take home green velvet box with a beautiful red ornament inside!
    Your house looked so festive, and the company was in the holiday mood.
    Thank you for inviting me.
    And you can see my smiling face on my blog, as I elfed myself! :)
    A very blessed Christmas to you and your lovely family!

    Sharon Haynie said...

    What lucky friends you have-and how generous you are to share your talents with all of us! Thanks for a year of wonderful tables. Merry Christmas!!

    Gatsbys Gardens said...

    This is just lovely, wish I was at such a great luncheon!

    Eileen

    Linda @ A La Carte said...

    Just beautiful! What a special way to celebrate friendships!

    the cape on the corner said...

    a pomengranate martini? sign me up! your table looks lovely, and i am sure you had a lovely luncheon. what a fabulous idea! have a very merry one!

    Heather said...

    Everything looks spectacular. Your friends must have enjoyed every moment of it. Thanks for posting so that we could see all the wonderful details. Happy holidays!

    Marigene said...

    Your attention to detail is amazing! Beautiful table, A. That stemware is gorgeous...
    Merry Christmas!

    Sue said...

    Your friends were very fortunate to have been treated to a luncheon in their honor! What a lovely table setting and menu. :-) Wishing you a very happy Christmas holiday and best wishes for the upcoming new year!
    ~ Sue

    Donnie said...

    What a beautiful table you have made. I loved all your pieces especially the napkin rings. Have a Merry Christmas.

    Kay Ellen said...

    What a wonderful holiday event you put together...

    I am sure your guests felt blessed and very special!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday & Merry Christmas!

    Kay Ellen

    Jojo said...

    What a beautiful celebration and I'm sure a memory that will be treasured by friends. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    lulumusing said...

    Gathering with girlfriends is just the best as I have also acknowledged in my post this week. Your table is perfect in every way, and I'm sure it was a big part of the success of your luncheon. How wonderful that Kathleen was able to join in the fun. Happy days!

    Lori at Jarvis House said...

    What a great idea, a ladies luncheon. Maybe I can get it together a bit after Christmas to have one too. Someday we should have a ladies bloggers of Long Island convention. It could be lots of fun. I especially love the red glassware. Merry christmas from the Jarvis House.

    Sarah said...

    What a lovely way to honor your friends. I know the meal was delicious, but one can also see that you were meticulous about each detail. Who wouldn't feel honored to be a guest at this luncheon! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. ~ Sarah

    Yellow Rose Arbor said...

    Oh, this is just wonderful! Love your new china, and the crystal is fabulous! I would love to attend one of your parties, but it's a long way from Florida! ;-)

    Katherine

    Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

    Sending you and your family tons of Merry Christmas blessings and Happy New Year wishes from Frog Hollow Farm. What a lovely post and idea! Here's a link for clementine cosmos - I reduced the sugar by half and used citron vodka - yummy and full of vitamin C!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/clementine-cosmos-recipe/index.html

    Ciao, bella!

    I Love Pretty Little Things said...

    There has not been one time that I have stopped by to visit your beautiful blog that I am not Amazed! What a gift of hospitality you have. Gorgeous as Always!!!
    Thank you, again, for being a part of my Friday Pretties. Always, always a Pleasure.
    Merry, Merry Christmas,
    Joyce

    Mary said...

    What a lovely luncheon! Your table is stunning as usual and to be greeted at the door with a cocktail..........
    how utterly classy. I bought the same little velvet boxes in red at Dollar Tree,I think we shop in all the same stores.
    Wishing you and yours a Blessed Christmas.

    Mary

    Anita said...

    What an absolutely beautiful table!! And how nice to celebrate with friends. I can't believe I didn't see those napkin rings at Walmart...love them! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

    Although I LOVED everything, my favorite was your welcoming pomegranate drink. I LOVED those glasses and with the green sugary rims they are KNOCKOUTS!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours, HUGS, Donna

    Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

    You are truly an artist when it comes to tablescapes and the name of your blog is a true reflection of your true spirit!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

    Wow, this was fabulous! Your mix of dishes, linens and stemware are wonderful! Love your stemware!! Super gorgeous! Lucky friends you have indeed!

    Syed Zaidi said...

    You have a made great effort few years back for Festive Luncheons specially on Christmas.Its looking fabulous to see today also meeting friends on the special occasion is always nice.Are you planning this year also??