Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Feast fit for a King, on the Eve of the Birth of the Newborn King

IMG_0477
Hark the herald angels sing

IMG_0398

"Glory to the newborn King!

IMG_0479
Peace on earth and mercy mild


IMG_0400
God and sinners reconciled"


IMG_0413
Joyful, all ye nations rise

Copy of IMG_0442
Join the triumph of the skies


IMG_0403
With the angelic host proclaim:

IMG_0418
"Christ is born in Bethlehem"
IMG_0419
Hark! The herald angels sing

IMG_0421
"Glory to the newborn King!"
IMG_0435
Christ by highest heav'n adored
IMG_0432

Christ the everlasting Lord!
IMG_0434
Late in time behold Him come
IMG_0439
Offspring of a Virgin's womb
IMG_0443
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
IMG_0457
Hail the incarnate Deity
IMG_0461
Pleased as man with man to dwell
IMG_0462
Jesus, our Emmanuel
IMG_0477
Hark! The herald angels sing


IMG_0485
"Glory to the newborn King!"
IMG_0502
I have been blessed to spend every
Christmas Eve of my life with my
brothers.

IMG_0505
Being of German decent, we have
always  had our main celebration
of Christmas, on Christmas Eve. When
we were young, our Mom and Dad
always hosted Christmas Eve.
IMG_0494
I am now fortunate, to carry on the
tradition of hosting Christmas Eve in
my home.
IMG_0639
After a lovely mass, at which my
daughter sang in the choir, we
gathered at our home.
IMG_0644
Way too many hors d’oeuvres were
followed by our first course of clams
and oysters on the half shell and
shrimp cocktail.
IMG_0648
Our main course was Poached Salmon
with a Dill Sauce;
IMG_0651
Linguine with white clam sauce;
IMG_0654
and Lobsters.
IMG_0657
It seems that real lobster eaters have a
preference; tails or claws. So that
everyone can have their preference, I
serve a platter of tails and a platter of
claws.
IMG_0496
I truly hope that each of you enjoyed a
blessed Christmas with those that are
closest to you.
IMG_0412
Merry Christmas. Glory to the newborn
King!

I’m joining the following memes. Be sure to visit them for inspiration:

  • Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday 
  • Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
  • Joyce at I Love Pretty Little Things for Friday Pretties
  • Jerri at Simply Sweet Home for Friday Favorites
  • Laurie   at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday Looking forward to seeing you at Seasonal Sundays (see tab at the very top of the post for details).

    - The Tablescaper



  • 55 comments:

    Sarah said...

    Wow! This is certainly a beautiful table, and the menu is amazing. I see my name on one of the cards. Wish I could have been there partaking of all that delicious seafood. You must have been one busy lady!
    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous table. It is full of elegant details and so fitting for the words of the song.
    Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

    Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

    Amazing table and what a lovely feast! Happy New Year to you and yours:@)

    Gatsbys Gardens said...

    This was spectacular! I love the table settings and the food displays.

    Eileen

    Marlis said...

    Wow!! That is an amazing table. I love the elegance of all the pieces. That is really a lovely tablecloth. No, exquisite. It's GORGEOUS!!! We too celebrate our Christmas on Christmas eve.. it's the German in me too. The food looks so good... What wonderful memories you are creating for your family. Be blessed and Happy new Year!

    Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

    All that glitters is Gold! It's truly a table set for a King! SO Beautiful, I LOVE the trees... and Oh what a feast...
    Happy New Year,
    Donna

    Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

    the most gorgeous table I have seen this season....BEAUTIFUL

    Entertaining Women said...

    As a child, we celebrated on Christmas Eve, too, but it had nothing to do with being German. We were Irish. The reason...I was always so excited about Santa that I would be sick at my stomach all night. Your gorgeous
    tablescape truly represents "bringing Him our most precious gifts.". The goblets are a treasure. Thank you for sharing your magnificent design and for stopping by my post. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    It's me said...

    EEN HEEL GOED EN GEZOND 2011 !!!...

    LIEVE GROETJES VAN MIJ....

    ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
      ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
    ☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
    ☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

    A REALLY GOOD AND HEALTHY 2011 !!!

    WARM HUGS FROM ME ........

    Bruce Barone said...

    This is all so beautiful and wonderful.

    Yes! Hark! The Herald Angels Sings!!!

    Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

    Wow! What a gorgeous tablescape...so elegant!...and a yummy looking feast! I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Happy New Year!...hugs...Debbie

    Leann said...

    Wow, the table is soo beautiful and the meal that you served looks divine.

    So glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. I've spent every Christmas Eve with my brother to come to think of it:)

    Happy New Year!
    Leann

    Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

    What a feast! I love seafood. Your tablescape is amazing. Very festive. I'm glad to see German traditions past on, since I'm German, too.

    Ms. Bake-it said...

    What a dazzling tablescape! Definitely fit for a King! I love your goblets.

    Happy New Year!

    ~ Tracy

    Custom Comforts said...

    I thought the table was beautiful beyond words until I saw the feast of seafood. Wow! Wish I had been there ~ looks yummy and luxurious. Just beautiful!
    Cindy

    Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

    Putting together this royal table for our King ... Time well spent! Absolutely beautiful! How your family must love to be entertained by you.

    Madame Meg said...

    Stunning, really stunningly gorgeous table! Looks like it was a decadent evening in all kinds of wonderful ways!
    : ) Meg

    Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

    A table and traditon fit for honoring The King!
    I love the oppulence of the gold and white.
    What a fabulous traditon and all that seafood is spectacular. I would get stuck on the lobster. YUM!
    No wonder you are the... tablescaper!
    xo Yvonne

    Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

    What a lovely feast! And a beautiful table. We always had Christmas Eve dinner before Midnight Mass growing up. Now I have a more casual Christmas Eve luncheon -- as everyone goes to different services at different times. Love the Christmas hymns too -- This is all quite stunning -- Happy New Year.

    Tess said...

    I think this is one of the most exquisite tables I have ever seen!!!

    Our family does Christmas eve as well. Your food looks fabulous.

    This is a great post...thank you for sharing it!!

    Miss Char said...

    BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

    This is such an incredible table! It's so elegant and spectacular! I can't decide which things I love the most---the gorgeous tablecloth, the stemware, the candleabra with the cherubs or that amazing server for the shrimp!!!!! So beautiful!

    Pattie T. said...

    Such a beautiful table, I love all of the sparkle and elegance.

    Luncheons at the Junction said...

    Your guests must feel honored that you create such a magnificent display for them! The setting and the food - just amazing. Wishing you and your a very Happy New Year.

    ~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

    Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescapes is just Beautiful,Thanks so much for sharing with us. I hope you have a great New Year !!!
    Diane

    Sherry said...

    What a beautiful table! The food looks delicious! Your photos are stunning. Have a Happy New Year!
    Sherry

    Alycia Nichols said...

    Oh, my goodness gracious!!! What a fabulously set table! Breathtaking!!! That is truly inspirational! You did a LOT of cooking, too! I love seafood, and yours was a seafood lover's delight! Just beautiful all around! I hope you and yours have a safe and happy New Year! I'll check out Seasonal Sunday!

    Andrea (Softer Side of Me) said...

    Wow...oh wow....oh wow
    I am going back to view this beautiful, elegant, breathtaking table and drool over the yummies!
    Happy New Year!

    xinex said...

    Wow! What a feast! And your tablescape is stunning and so festive, truly fit for the King of King's. Happy New Year!...Christine

    Shirley said...

    WOW! What an elegant dinner and a table setting to match. It is just breathtaking!!!

    Jacqueline said...

    What a way to serve shrimp cocktail! You and I were on the same page for Christmas Eve, formal and all in gold. I loved everything about your fabulous table. I am of German descent too, so maybe that is why our family always had a big formal Christmas Eve which I now host! So fun to get to be a part of your wonderful event. Loved it all.

    Kathleen said...

    The table looks just beautiful! I love the gold! I was on the phone with you when you bought those little trees. :)
    And of course, the gorgeous VB chargers.
    So you have this big feast after Mass, not Midnight Mass I guess!
    Being Irish we never had company on Cmas Eve. Just put up the tree, then midnight Mass and home to bed. Our celebration was on the 25th always, still is!
    I would eat the shrimp and lobster tail, gladly!
    How blessed you are to have always been able to spend Cmas with your brothers. That is a gift!
    Happy 2011 dear, A!

    Lori Lucas said...

    Every single week I think you have surely reached your pinnacle and every single week you surprise me again. This is truly just beautiful...and that doesn't even count the food! OH MY WORD!! Just wonderful! Lori L

    Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

    OMG!!! This is probably the most beautiful tablescape that I ever saw!
    Simply Stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    Pat said...

    Absolutely breathtaking, start to finish! Love this!

    Daphne said...

    A truly outstanding Christmas table! So much golden glow...and the menu matches the settings. Thanks for sharing your Christmas celebration...it's all the more special because it's a family meal.

    Sharon Haynie said...

    Beautiful table from a beautiful person for a beautiful reason! Thank you for sharing with us throughout the year-you inspire me!

    illini89 said...

    Wow!!!
    2 minds think alike--I too did a table in gold---your stemware and napikins would have matched perfectly!!!

    Happy Thursday and Happy New Year

    Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

    May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
    Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

    Donnie said...

    Loved all your table. Just gorgeous with the gold looking so rich. Hope you and yours have a Healthy and Happy New Year.

    Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

    What a festive table. Love to death of all the treasure you have.

    ELEGANT...

    Hope you had great Yuletide & more bounty NTY to come.

    Greetings from freezing Stockholm,
    /chie

    Janie's World said...

    Wow! What a show stopper! I love your wonderfully elegant table with gold and silver. The pieces are all layered to give you such depth and it is a true feast for the eyes. The candlesticks are beautiful, the tablecloth is amazing and your china is so pretty. Love this table!

    Atticmag said...

    It's not often I see such a wonderfully gold-kissed table. It's a beauty and the fish is a joy to behold. Your stage was set for a wonderful family Christmas, which I hope it was. I also so appreciate you stopping by. Happy New Year, Jane

    Olivia said...

    Woweee! Over the top fabulous! Great ideas for me for next year.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

    wowowowowow! awesome setting.. so luxury! beautiful! love it so much!

    CareyAnn said...

    This is the most beautiful Christmas table I have ever seen! I want everything on that table including the food. It is just gorgeous! Have a very Happy New Year!
    CareyAnn

    Miss Merry said...

    What an awesome and inspiring table. It is breathtaking, so lovely. The golden accents are so sophisticated and the china, just lovely. The smaller glassware on the plate is just precious - stole my heart :) Then I saw the food - wowza! It reminds me of a recent Bobby Flay with the Dinner of Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. I double checked and you a German like me - but no reason we can't borrow a great idea. What lucky guests to visiti your home after mass. What a lovely celebration - you are right - fit for the King!

    Karen said...

    Thank you for the lovely way you wove those lyrics in with the beautiful photos. That Lenox is classic china. I have it, too, and love to play with it at Christmas. Blessings on you, this last day of 2010. *hugs*k

    bj said...

    This is such a beautiful table and the menu...awesome.

    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes..Happiest New Year.

    Denise said...

    Honestly, this is the most beautiful Christmas table I've ever seen. REALLY! Thee MOST BEAUTIFUL, hands down.
    And the menu - where can I start? I'm a seafood lover, so I'd still be there stuffing it in if I sat at that table.

    My mother was 100% German, so Christmas Eve was the time we really celebrated. But we went to Midnight Mass after the dinner dishes were washed and draining in the sink.

    The most beautiful item on your post was the line you typed about your brothers. How wonderful for you!
    Happy New Year.

    Pattie T. said...

    Your tablescapes make me gasp. In fact, your entire blog is simply stunning. I'm your newest follower, I don't want to miss a thing.

    laurie @ bargain hunting said...

    Oh, this is absolutely stunning! I won't even try to list the treasures I spotted and loved on this table. Each item is so beautiful, and together they make a breath taking tablescape. The food also looks beautiful! Definitely a feast fit for a king! What a wonderful way to celebrate our Lord's birth! laurie

    Gail @ Victorian at Heart said...

    What a beautiful and elegant tablescape. Hope you were able to enjoy the celebration too. I look forward to visiting your inspirational blog in 2011.

    laurie @ bargain hunting said...

    Thank you so much for linking this gorgeous table to Favorite Things. It is definitely one of my favorite things! laurie

    ~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

    Hi lovely lady.
    I was just looking at your other Tablescapes this one I miss.
    Wow!! This is Gorgeous love it all sweet lady. You have the most Beautiful china and stemware you are so lucky.
    xxoo Diane

    Cindy F. Adkins said...

    All of your Christmas holiday tablescapes are beyond words...they're so gorgeous! It's always a treat to spend time here and look at them. Blessings,
    Cindy