Saturday, December 25, 2010

Candy Land –Seasonal Sundays #30


IMG_0514
Welcome to Seasonal Sundays # 30.
IMG_0514At this point, I hope that all of you are filled to an abundance with Christmas joy.
IMG_0553
I’m also hoping that everyone isn’t too exhausted to share their photos of their celebrations with us at Seasonal Sundays! LOL!
IMG_0521
This was our Christmas Eve table for the young people. Most of them are almost young men and women, so it’s a bit hard to call it a Children’s Table. Our crowd was smaller than ever this year and we all could have squeezed in the dining room, so I gave my children the choice of sitting in the dining room or continuing with their own table in the kitchen. You see they made their choice.
Copy of IMG_0518
I love the child like wonder and fantasy that fills this table. Santa Claus is coming to town!
IMG_0548f
We best leave a few carrots for the reindeer.
Copy (2) of IMG_0524
With at tablescape that you could almost bite into.
Copy of IMG_0530
Ornaments from Walmart served as napkin rings. The little round bowls were a recent Christmas Tree Shop purchase, whereas the red square plate and napkin are Christmas Tree Shop purchases from years ago.
IMG_0562
The green round mats were also a Christmas Tree Shop purchase from this year, but the candy cane chargers were another Christmas Tree Shop purchase from years ago.
IMG_0535
I can’t remember where I got these tumblers. I think Crate and Barrel – many years ago. The glass has a nice thin edge and I would love to have more, but have never seen them again.
Copy of IMG_0528
The flatware was a very recent indulgence from HomeGoods. I just couldn’t resist.
IMG_0561
I purchased Santa and his reindeer last year at an after Christmas Sale at the local Villeroy and Bach store, which is sadly no longer there. I must say, they are magnificent.
Copy of IMG_0539IMG_0541

IMG_0563 I hope that your Christmas was merry and…
I wonder what Santa is bringing me
…that Santa made all your dreams come true.
IMG_0532
Merry Christmas. May your hearts be filled with Christmas joy.

.
.
I’ll be sharing my main Christmas Eve table in my next post. Hope to see you then!

- The Tablescaper

31 comments:

Tammy said...

the table is gorgeous. where did you get the banquet style seating? i LOVE those. Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

What a fun, festive table! No wonder your children wanted to continue their own table tradition. You make everything magical! The wreaths on the windows are a nice touch! And of course all the candy cane themed plates and flatware set a darling table. Looks sweet enough to eat!
Hope your day was full of Christmas delights! ~ Sarah

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE your dining area! The whole scape is just gorgeous! Everything is perfect and I'm going to pick "2" favorites, the WREATHS in your windows "AND" your centerpiece Santa and Sleigh... Thank you for sharing your beautiful home & "Hosting Seasonal Sundays" (It's always SUCH FUN)!
Merry Christmas to you and yours...
Donna

Patricia Torres said...

Oh gorgeous!! How lovely to be at your home for Christmas!

Here is wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas!

Entertaining Women said...

Now I'll wait until I see the next table, but I might have chosen to sit at the children's table, too. Magical, whimsical...completely wonderful. Our guests just left..I'm taking a break and enjoying your marvelous tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Dianne said...

I'm glad you indulged with the flatware, it's wonderful with your colorful table!

xinex said...

Your table is stunning, so festive and so much fun! Happy Holidays and thanks for hosting....Christine

Rettabug said...

What a great corner & fun table to sit with the "kids"...I would have chosen to be there, too! Every single item is so stinkin' cute! I adore the way you've decorated the windows with the wreaths. I don't remember seeing this spot before.
Its a wonderfully cozy looking nook!

Thanks for doing "Seasonal Sundays" each week. I'm getting better at remembering. LOL

Pat said...

I absolutely love this table!

We are celebrating with our family, today (Sunday). Two of our grands spent the night, after celebrating Christmas with their other grandparents. The rest of our family will arrive early this morning.

Merry Christmas!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Absolutely lovin' your Santa and reindeer-just beautiful! I wouldn't mind sitting at this kiddie table myself:@)

Deb said...

Gorgeous!!

Bruce Barone said...

Very very very beautiful!!!

Daphne said...

Such a wonderful candy-themed table! Santa and his candle-lit sleigh are magnificent, and I really love the flatware, too. I'm glad that you still have a "children's table" since we're all kids again at Christmas! Thanks for hosting Seasonal Sunday!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful tables and I love your bay windows with the wreaths.

Ann said...

I adore your Santa and reindeer! And your window was beautiful along with everything else!

Jacqueline said...

What a fun table. It looks a lot like our breakfast table. I adore the flatware and would have snagged it if I had seen it! How cute. My grandkids came in and saw the table and couldn't believe it. It is so fun to share the tables with them, they ooh and aahh a lot more than my own kids - mine were too used to it! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Tracy F. said...

What a fun table! So festive and colorful. I've always loved anything by Fitz&Floyd.

Mrs. Serendipity said...

Very festive "children's table"! Love your wreaths in the windows, the Villeroy & Boch Santa/Reindeer. The flatwear is wonderful too.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful table. Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year filled with many blessings.

Mrs. S.

Carol said...

What a very beautiful table. Every detail, from plates to flatware is perfect!
Your windows, window treatments and wreaths are glorious.....I want to sit at the Children's Table!

Marlis said...

No wonder the kids didn't want to sit with you.. That table is enchanting. I love the candy cane theme.

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny simple life said...

I would have loved to sit at that kiddie table. You have such a talent. It was Christmas bliss!

Mary said...

Love everything on the table and the wreaths on the windows. Could I sit with the kids for dinner and the adults for dessert?

Kathleen said...

The table looks great with all the peppermint swirls! I saw the flatware Wed., and it was 25 off, but only one set left, so I passed!
It is adorable though! Fun they chose to keep their tradition.

Kiddies table where we were too, adorned with Santa mats and plaid napkins I gave dil a few years ago from WSonoma/Pottery Barn.
They finish in 5 min and are back to their toys and mischief.

Glad your holiday went well, can't wait to see the grown ups table!

Scribbler said...

My HG never had that flatware and I want some! Everything looks so festive -- I am sure the party was a success.

Sailing Simply said...

Well I love the kids table and would have been quite happy to dine there! I love the candy theme. I also really love your wreaths hanging from the windows there too! It all very beautiful!

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Are those vintage teacups hanging from your curtain rods?! What a sweet and unusual decor touch! All the best for the New Year.

bj said...

Thanks so much for coming by.
We always had a Children's Table, too but now they are all grown. :)

hugs, bj

Barbara said...

Oh so very beautiful! I just adore your table. I'd do a post on mine, but I repeated last years table and everyone's seen it. I must be more imaginative next year!
I know you must have had a lovely Christmas so I will wish you the very best, healthy and happy New Year!

Shannon said...

I am always blown away by your talents. Once again you've amazed me with your beautiful table and home. Thanks for hosting and I always look forward to the next weeks party.

Getting Into Truffle

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

So very cute!! You put so much thought and care into your tablescapes and they are all truly amazing!!
Hugs,
Debbie