Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Monday, June 21, 2010

Cottage Tea

Copy of IMG_2907
Welcome to my cottage tea.
Copy of IMG_2907
It’s such a glorious time of year…
Copy of IMG_2890

with the sun streaming through the branches…
Copy of IMG_2901
…and casting dancing shadows.
IMG_2950


IMG_2939 IMG_2945
Which cup would you prefer?
IMG_2917

IMG_2940 IMG_2946

Copy of IMG_2909
Sit back and relax.
IMG_2942
Sometimes those quiet moments are the best.
IMG_2960
A time to collect our thoughts…
IMG_2922
…before setting out for the remainder of our day.
IMG_2927

Copy of IMG_2931
Copy of IMG_2920 I enjoy the mix of cottage style pottery and china to create just the right atmosphere.
Copy of IMG_2970 Copy of IMG_2977
IMG_2943
Hope you have a pleasant day.
Copy of IMG_2986
This tea is taking place in my back yard. To see more photos click here.
Please be sure to visit all of the participants at the memes hosted by the following lovely ladies whose parties I’m joining:

  • Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Time Tuesday


  • Martha at Martha’s Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday


  • Pam at A Breath of  Fresh Air for Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday


  • Katherine at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor for Tea Time Tuesday


  • Wanda Lee at The Plumed Pen for Tuesday Tea for Two


  • Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday


  • Susan at Between the Naps for Tablescape Thursday 


  • Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday


  • Joyce at I Love Pretty Little Things for Friday Pretties


  • Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday  


  • Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday 

  • What are you doing on Sunday???Come participate in “Summer Sundays”.

  • Summer Sundays
    The link is: http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

    It’s about what SUMMER means to YOU!

    - The Tablescaper
  • 57 comments:

    Karen said...

    I my... the beauty and the sound. Lovely! I'm there.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

    What a gorgeous, gorgeous tea! I was totally transported to your lovely, sun-dappled, cottage tea :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    Vicki said...

    Hello, and what a beautiful spot to have a cup of tea. Your garden is beautiful, and your tea settings so pretty. I love to mix and match pieces, too, so much more interesting. Thank you for sharing such a lovely tea with us. Love and blessings always~ Vicki

    parTea lady said...

    Your teacups are gorgeous and so is that chintz teapot. Your pottery and china go together very well - lovely photos.

    Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

    Just too pretty the garden and all thos beautiful tea cups...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    Lottie said...

    What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your garden and hospitality!
    Lottie

    Allie and Pattie said...

    I love this setting- just so perfectly peaceful and pretty. Wonderful!
    xoxo Pattie

    Carolyn said...

    Enjoyed your lovely cottage tea. I love the chintz teapot and how you mixed and matched your china.

    Carolyn

    Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

    A sweet good morning from Frog Hollow Farm! What a lovely tea - and the background sounds were just perfect. Like you, I love collecting and mixing different types of china and pottery. It's always so interesting to me to find that so many of my pieces work together! As always I am walking away with inspiration and ideas - loved the little plant stands surrounding your bench - and the bench pillows! Ciao, bella!

    paperbutterfly said...

    You must enjoy many moments in your garden. Lovely spot for a spot of tea any time. Beautiful grouping of china.

    Pleased you had a moment to stop in for tea with Wanda and I.

    Blessings,
    Pam
    PS Hope to join you on Sunday

    Sarah said...

    Oh, how I wish I were right there sitting on that wicker setee sipping tea from any one of those darling tea cups. This is my idea of a relaxed morning. Every detail is beautifully presented. Dreamy teascape! ~ Sarah

    Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

    Hello :) What a beautiful spot to have tea, and what a lovely tablescape you have set for us!

    happy Teacup Tuesday!

    Warmest, Brenda

    Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

    It looks like a very relaxing tea in the sun-dappled shade! Beautiful! The tea spoons with tea pots on the handles are darling!

    Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

    What a lovely spot to sit and have tea. Beautiful cups and great photos.

    lisaschaos said...

    They're all so lovely! I can't pick one, could I use two? lol

    Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

    My o My!! What a lovely setting for a perfect summer tea with a good book or as you said, with your laptop!! It is just delightful! I did visit your other post and this little space of yours is just enchanting!!

    Debbie

    Appleshoe said...

    A very sweet and relaxing post. I would love to curl up in a corner of that sun dappled wicker love-seat with a cup of tea. You chintz teapot is lovely and I think I have plates to match your covered dish running around here somewhere. Take care.

    Msartist said...

    What a lovely tea and outdoor setting. I just love your tea ware. It brought a smile to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week, Theresa

    Deanna said...

    So nice to stop by for a spot of tea in your backyard with beautiful china to sip refreshing tea from!

    Thx for sharing!
    God bless and may you have a sweet week,
    d from homehaven

    marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

    All of your dishes are just exquisite and you have created such a beautiful vignette with them. So perfect and inviting. Love the little settee too. What a wonderful place to sit and relax. Perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

    What a lovely cottage tea! I adore your chintz teapot and your teacups are very sweet! Everything looks wonderful together. Thank you for having us and thanks for joining me for Tea Time. Wishing you a beautiful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    Terri said...

    You really know how to set a beautiful table. All your china looks so pretty together.
    Thank you so much for sharing all this with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    Kathleen said...

    I wrote a comment earlier! I think I forgot to hit post when the phone rang.
    Your tea looks lovely! I really like the chintz teapot, and anyone of the cups will be fine, they are all so pretty!

    Sherry said...

    Love you chintzware. It is gorgeous! Love the tea.
    Sherry

    Yellow Rose Arbor said...

    What a lovely outdoor tea! I also looked at the beautiful pictures of your fabulous backyard!

    Katherine

    marlis said...

    beautiful, i wish i was there!!

    Barbara said...

    How lovely! Wish I was there!

    Dolly said...

    Mmmmm I'd love to come and enjoy a cup of tea on your porch!
    I love to make a cup of tea first thing in the morning and sit on the porch enjoying the sunrise, the birds singing and the bees buzzing!

    God bless,
    Dolly

    All The Pretty Dishes said...

    So lovely. I love your chintz teapot and serving dish.

    Kathleen said...

    I came back to swat that mosquito I hear in the background! :)

    Debbie said...

    What a beautiful setting for tea. Your pieces are lovely!
    I enjoyed everything.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

    Beautiful tea table and back yard! The tea cup with the little vine on the inside lip is the one that I would love to have tea in!
    This is a delightful post, Miss Tablescaper! And I would love to be there having tea with you!
    Yvonne

    Lady Katherine said...

    I adore your Cottage Tea! I will be right over to take the time to relax and have a cup of Tea. I love the china!!! The Teapot! The wicker garden setting! What a lovely way to spend time outdoors with a cup of Tea. Thank you for sharing your Teas with me on Tea Time Tuesday. I hope when I better to join you on a Sunday. I just love all your China!

    Johanna said...

    You have really a good eye for combining patterns. That looks so charming with the garden backdrop.
    Greetings, Johanna

    once in a blue moon... said...

    it doesn't get any sweeter then this... loved the sound effects too, i think you will be hard pressed to move me out of your garden now...

    and that teapot spoon, i am on a mission now~

    Mimi said...

    What a lovely setting for a sip of tea.

    Sewconsult said...

    Teacups are so pretty. I am a fabric-holic & always drawn to the pastel florals. My mother's floral china of the 40's appeals to me so much more today that my own. Thank you for a very pleasant visit.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    Requi@Tablescaping Escapades said...

    Such an adorable teascape. I'd like to have tea in one of those beautiful footed teacups. All of these pieces are pretty, especially the covered dish.

    All the Best,

    Requi

    lulumusing said...

    I'm there enjoying a relaxing spot of tea. Thanks for making it possible.

    Bill said...

    Your garden is lovely, and your cottage tea looks charming. The linens you use are always perfect for whatever mood you're creating. Nicely done!

    Duchess of Tea said...

    Darling I truly enjoyed taking tea at your cottage. I love the chintz teapot and the mis-match china, gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

    Love & hugs
    Duchess

    koralee said...

    Sooooo pretty....I want to come for tea too. xoxoox

    I Love Pretty Little Things said...

    Such a nice surprise to see you join in on Friday Pretties! Thanks for playing!!!

    I would prefer all of those pretty and delicate teacups and saucers! Beautiful...

    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Joyce

    Cass @ That Old House said...

    What a lovely tea time setting! And I'll take the Spode cup, please. It's so sweet and charming-looking.

    Beautiful!
    Cass

    Vintage French Hen said...

    That china pattern has always been one of my favorites, and you have made everything look simply beautiful! marcia

    Elizabeth said...

    Ok! Makes me want ot have a Tea party! Your backyard is soooo
    pretty! I love that tea cup with the little brown leaves on the inside edge and the pretty little rose! Pretty,Pretty!
    Smiles your way!
    Elizabeth

    paisleysandsugar said...

    Hello! I'd love to join sunday summers. =) I'll see you tomorrow. It's saturday here in Sydney today. Hopefully I get to go out and find something gorgeous and summery to share.

    xoxo,

    paisleysandsugar.com

    Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

    Your tablescape looks utterly charming and delicate!

    Poppies and Sunshine said...

    I just ADORE tea! And what beautiful china you have. Love this setting!

    Catharina Maria said...

    This is a great post , love it !
    Have a nice pink Saturday !
    Love ♥RINI♥

    susan said...

    First, Love the birds!! I'll take cup #1 please! This is just beautiful and certainly a soothing place to gather your thoughts. Your backyard is gorgeous. Love the fountain and the plaque about fairies. I did not know about the party. I would certainly have joined in!

    LDH said...

    Beautiful and inviting summertime tea! How could anyone be anything but relaxed sitting in your garden!

    brii said...

    Is the tea still warm, I'm on my way!
    this is so beautiful!
    thank's for sharing in Pink Saturday!
    baciussss
    brii

    laurie @ bargain hunting said...

    Oh, it is beautiful! Everything looks so feminine and so inviting. I love all of your flowery china pieces, and what a pretty spot for a tea party. Thank you for linking this pretty party to Favorite Things. laurie

    Sarah said...

    I just opened this post again, but this time had my sound turned on. What a sweet surprise to hear the birds and the bees.
    I'm still smiling! ~ Sarah

    julietk said...

    Summer is all about Tea In the garden, while I enjoy the scent of my flowers. I am visiting you for the Mad tea Party but you seem to have forgotten with so many Tea parties going on :-D I invite you to come and share a cup with me and join my giveaway.

    Naturegirl said...

    Tablescaper a lovely tea it was!All the china was delightful!