Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wedgewood Blue Monday

I’m posting  on the Blue Monday party, as I was looking at my most wondrous Christmas gifts. This certainly seemed to be the time. I’m also joining in Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.Wedgewood1
The beautiful tray was a Christmas gift from Mr. Scaper  (with lots of help). It is by Tracy Porter. She has a wonderful web site and beautiful dishes!

Wedgewood3
This year for Christmas, the beautiful lidded bowl was from my wonderful sister in law Anne and my dear brother (don’t know how much he really had to do with it, anyway…)
Don’t you love how this shot picks up the crimson of my sofa and pale blue walls which perfectly match the Tracy Porter tray! (That Mr. Scaper is some shopper. LOL)
Wedgewood4
Wedgewood is celebrating their 250th anniversary and knowing what a dish-a-holic I am, dear sister in law Anne thought I should have this for my collection. To learn more about Wedgewood’s celebration of it’s 250th anniversary, click here.
Wedgewood7
These pieces are examples of jasperware. Jasperware has a body which is either white or colored, that is known for its matte finish. It was first developed by Josiah Wedgwood and its best known form is the popular blue-and-white ware, but it comes in many other colors.
Wedgewood collage
The above mosaic of my Wedgewood blue jasperware collection is my contribution to Mosaic Monday at the Little Red Cottage.
- The Tablescaper

26 comments:

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

What beautiful wedgewood blues! I can see why it's such popular color!
Have a great week!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I love it all! What wonderful Christmas gifts. That tray is so pretty, and Wedgewood is always gorgeous,and that piece is a real beauty. You have such a pretty collection of Jasperware. I really enjoyed seeing all if it. laurie

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Beautiful mosaic with pretty treasures!

Debbie said...

I love wedgewood, I have on X-mas ornament and I think I will start collecting more!!~

Treasia Stepp said...

What beautiful gifts you received. I love the wedgewood blue. Just gorgeous.

Jeanette said...

Wow how lovely. I adore that tray.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the blue....great pictures....

Joanne Kennedy said...

I've always loved Wedgewood and your pieces are beautiful!

Hugs,
Joanne

Sarah said...

What wonderful gifts. The tray and the Wedgewood and Jasperware are all exquisite. Loved seeing these!

SmilingSally said...

You have shown some delightful gifts. Good for you. Happy Blue Monday.

Ana said...

How very sweet of your SIL...that blue jasperware is beautiful, and your blue tray is gorgeous. What absolutely lovely Christmas gifts. Have a wonderful Monday and an outstanding new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Heirlooms For You said...

Such pretty pieces. Lucky you! Carol

Regina said...

Such an elegant pieces and a pretty mosaic.
Have a nice week.

LV said...

You have some of the best blues. Glad you shared them with us. I really enjoyed your blog.

chubskulit said...

beautiful collection.

Fun in Reading

Kathleen said...

What a lovely blue wedgewood collection!
I will remember to use Mr. Scaper when I speak to your dh! :)

KayEllen said...

Beautiful pieces of wedgewood blue~~~

Have a good week:)

Kay Ellen

GardenofDaisies said...

That is really pretty jasperware piece! I love blue and white.

Kathy said...

I love Wedgwood esp Jasper, they had a great offer at wedgwood.com a 150$ willow tea set for only 49.99$. Your Wedgwood makes a very pretty mosaic too :-), Kathy.

Mary said...

Oh how beautiful! You are one lucky lady to have such thoughtful relatives! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

Lenore said...

Your blue jasperware is just lovely and it's perfect in your mosaic.

Joy said...

Beautiful wedgewood blues and I just love the pretty tray too.
Happy Blue Monday :)

Rhondi said...

I love Wedgewood. Just wanted to let you know I've made a change for wednesday. It's now Wednesday Whites and I've made a new button. Hope you'll join me again.
Hugs, Rhondi

Beansieleigh said...

I LOVE this beautiful tray!.. Lucky you!!.. Happy Blue Monday, and it's nice to meet you today! ~tina

daylily777 said...

Everything is very beautiful & your pics of them are great ! Such wonderful Christmas gifts !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Bill said...

That Mr. Scaper's a clever fellow! You received some beautiful gifts. Thank you sor sharing them with us and for sharing the link to information about Wedgewood's 250th. Headed there to read all about it!

Bye for now,
Bill