Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year’s Eve 2009

It’s time to celebrate!!! The close of a year and beginning of a new one.  In ways its been a very difficult year, with the loss of my father and a good friend. In ways its been an amazing year, with the beginning of my blog and meeting of all of my wonderful friends in blogland. A new year is before us filled with fresh possibilities.
New Year's Eve 2009 001
Everything is bright and sparkling!
New Year's Eve 2009 006
This evening Grand mom Lillian’s cherub candelabra don silver candles to match all that glitters.
New Year's Eve 2009 004
A place is set for everyone.
New Year's Eve 2009 009
Even the tablecloth and place card holders glitter.
New Year's Eve 2009 002


New Year's Eve 2009 010
The napkins are from my Mom’s extensive collection of hand embroidered napkins and amazingly the napkin rings were a Wal-Mart find!
New Year's Eve 2009 013
I am fortunate to have inherited my Mother in Law’s complete set of Waverly by Lenox with a platinum band.
New Year's Eve 2009 007
The crystal is my wedding crystal, Araglin by Waterford, from over 20 years ago!
New Year's Eve 2009 011
We are serving lobster and needed place to set the warmed melted butter that was as elegant as the rest of the table. I choose these crystal saucer champagne glasses and set them upon silver plates.
New Year's Eve 2009 012
My parents used to frequently cruise and they collected these glasses while cruising on the Italian Cruise line. I believe they sailed on the Michelangelo Note their insignia.
New Year's Eve 2009 015
The sterling is Marlborough  by Reed and Barton which I am blessed to have due to the generosity of my Brother in Law. As my husband would say,  it was his brother’s mother’s. Got that?
New Year's Eve 2009 017
Can’t you just hear the ice crackling in the branches? The vase is also by Waterford. Note the stars in the vase.
New Year's Eve 2009 005
Only to be warmed by the glow of the candles.
New Year's Eve 2009 018
Silver and glass stars danced upon the mirror. The glass stars actually hold tapers and I just turned them upside down for this table. They are from Pier One. The silver ones are from Wal-Mart.
New Year's Collage
My mercury glass is from over ten years ago. It’s so in vogue these days.
New Year's Eve 2009 016
This little leaf shaped bowl was also part of my Mother in Law’s collection.
New Year's Eve 2009 020
Enjoy the splendor of the evening as we begin a new decade.
New Year's Eve 2009 022
Happy New Year!
Stop over at Susan’s for more celebratory tables. Also, come visit Show and Tell Friday. over at My Romantic Home.
- The Tablescaper

42 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh my! That looks just beautiful! Lots of bling and sparkle..
Bill will love this one too.
It is just wonderful! The china is gorgeous..
Now go back and add all the details so we know!
Happy 2010 , good health and happiness to you and your family!

Kathy said...

BEAUTIFUL,
GORGEOUS,
FESTIVE,
SPARKLY,
I LOVE IT...
DID I MENTION BREATHTAKING ?
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Jeanette said...

Just lovely, it makes you want to bring in the new year. I just love it.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a GORGEOUS tablescape - LOVE IT!! You outdid yourself (again!!)

Happy New Year!

Katherine

Millie said...

The table is perfect for the new year! A good way to ring in the new..

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love, love the sparkle.....One of my favorites....

How can I get that font.....love that too....

You are amazing

Teresa
annah99@aol.com

Joanne Kennedy said...

That is one of the most beautiful tables I've ever seen.

Oh I have no where to be this New Years Eve, can I come to your house :)

Have a wonderful time.

Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Joanne

Linda said...

Beautiful! Sparkly! Happy New Year!

Deanna said...

You win!
This is so beautiful, I don't think it can be beat.
God bless and I'm wishing you a very Happy New Year,
d from homehaven

Joan said...

Your table is exquisite. We have some things in common-beautiful things that we inherited from mothers and mother-in-laws. These things become more precious as the years go by.

Happy New Year!

Bill said...

I always enjoy seeing your beautiful tables, but this one has to be my favorite so far! You've used so many fine pieces ... so many precious family heirlooms ... it's elegant and stylish --- a perfect winter fantasy!

Happy New Year!

Bill

Dining Delight said...

What a perfect table for New Year's! Love the frostiness with the bling factor! Great idea for the centerpiece with the silver branches in the crystal vase. How special your 'scape must be to you when you relate how you have inherited lots of the pieces. Love how your pics capture the elegance!
Happy 2010!
DD

Sarah said...

What an esquite table to bring in the new year. Who need fireworks with a table that sparkles as yours does. Happy New Year to you! ~ Sarah

Anita @ Far Above Rubies said...

What a BEAUTIFUL table!!! Love the china and the sterling especially. Gorgeous!!

Lana K. W. Austin said...

Ooooh......such shimmer and shine, my favorites! love the centerpiece, too, it's scale! Awesome!
Hugs, Lana

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, this is just stunning, so breathtaking. I love every single bit of it. Just gorgeous. I have so enjoyed our posts and all of your beautiful tables this past year, and really look forward to the coming year and more of your lovely creations. Thanks also for stopping by and leaving such gracious comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you and all your family have a very Blessed and Happy New Year. Hugs, Marty

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy New Year Sweetie...
It has been a wonderful year in 2009 and I can't wait to see what 2010 brings to each of us.

Oh my gosh sweetie, this table is the most elegant, sparkle of happiness to end one year and begin another. What beautiful lengths you have gone to. I love everything. The candelabra is my favorite though. It just pops on the table and brings such a joy of happiness to the setting. Thank you for sharing with me today.

Here's wishing you happiness, love, prosperity, peace and good health.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

MomofOtis said...

What can we say other than "Gorgeous!"

Eileen said...

Wow! What a pretty PERFECT winter tablescape!
I love it all!
I actually gasped when I opened your blog! It took my breath away.

Happy New Year!
All the best,
Eileen

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Beautiful! I hope that your new year is as bright, shiny and sparkly as your tablescape. You have a beautiful collection of dishes and table accessories.

Sherry said...

This table is perfect. It looks like ice. I love the use of silver. I like your tablecloth choice, it was nice you did the close ups and I got a good look at it. Happy New Year!

Treasia said...

Absolutely stunning tablescape. Just the right amount of sparkle and glitter. Love it. Have a Happy New Year.

Barbara said...

This is Gorgeous!

Pinky said...

I know several have said this but it IS stunning! LOVE the sparkle and all the extras! The china is beautiful and you are so fortunate to have these famiky heirlooms! HAPPY New Year!!!! XO, Pinky

Pinky said...

I know several have said this but it IS stunning! LOVE the sparkle and all the extras! The china is beautiful and you are so fortunate to have these famiky heirlooms! HAPPY New Year!!!! XO, Pinky

Aunt Nutty said...

Your table is so beautiful. Love all the silver and sparkle!

Have a safe and happy new year!

Mimi said...

WOW! That is one dazzling New Years table! When are you going to do a book on tablescapes, you are a master or is that mistress! Happy New Year to you and yours.

Lize said...

A gorgeous tablescape! Just Gorgeous!

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

Simply Spectacular!
I think one of my new years resolutions will be to start collecting piece for at least one beautiful table scape this year!
Happy New Year!

Sue said...

I feel as if I am in a winter wonderland of ice! So pretty and sparkly. Happy New Year!
sue

Kelee Katillac said...

So beautiful!

What an honor to sit at your table---a visual celebration!

Stop on over....

love, kelee

ceekay said...

Everything on this table is just absolutely beautiful. I love it...but I am a bling girl!!! Fantastic!

Jeannine said...

Gorgeous table. All icy and crystal. My daughter will be inheriting a more than complete set of the same china, from my mother and grandmother. It gets to skip a generation! Thanks for sharing.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Beautiful frosty tablescape...so elegant with a wintery touch. Love those place card holders and your fabulous centerpiece! Truly stunning! Happy New Year!
Susan

A Little About Me said...

Wow, Your table is just beautiful!

Kathy said...

What a stunning table! I love all that glitters!
Happy New Year...Kathy

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is STUNNING! I LOVE everything about it!!! Gorgeous!!! You sure know how to do it right!!!

Susan said...

Your table is absolutely stunning!! I love the china, silver and the tablecloth. Oh my, the cloth is beautiful! This tablescape is breathtaking and will be remembered for a very long time! happy New Year!

kathleen said...

All of your tablescapes are beautiful, but this one is spectacular! Very lovely!

the VG huis said...

Wow, what an amazingly beautiful table!! I love everything about it. I really love the ornament placecards...well done!!! I will be back for sure...thanks for visiting and entering my giveaway!

cheers,

Stacey

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

This is a STUNNING table! It took my breath away. The more I see your gorgeous blog the more I love it. You are so talented my dear! And I so appreciate you sharing your talents so generously.

Jo's This and That said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful table!