Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Luncheon

I love Christmas, but it is such a crazy time. I have a million (OK, that’s a bit of an exaggeration) of photographs of my home that I would love to share with you, but time is short. I find it odd that our most beloved holiday, I know I speak for many, is crammed into 4 short weeks, when the season of Autumn is stretched across 3 months. It doesn’t quite seem right.
But here we are. I am crazed. Putting a post together seems to have dipped low on the list, but I must share these photographs with you.
I entertain a good deal and Christmas Eve is THE event in our home, but I have come to love my ladies Christmas luncheon. There are years that I have have thought about putting it off, due to the many demands of the season, but realize how much I enjoy it. And so it begins…
December 034
As my guests arrive I have a cocktail awaiting them.
December 171 
Amongst the Christmas trees, toile and candles is a Cranberry Cocktail.
December 172 

It’s 50% cranberry juice and 50% champagne, with a few floating fresh cranberries.
December 174 

Just a little something as we wait for all to arrive – except those with car trouble that couldn’t make it – ahem Kathleen.
December 159 

A little something awaited each guest at their seat. Yes, Kathleen, I have yours set aside.
December 047 
Please join me for my Christmas Luncheon.
December 038 
It’s when I pull out my best for my best friends to enjoy.
December 039 

Ruby cut glass collected through the years from Barron’s and Century 21.
December 041 

A special place for everyone amongst the amaryllis.
December 042

Grand mom Lillian’s cherub candelabra, that were antiques when she (who hasn’t been with us for over 25 years) purchased them.
December 044

December 046 

It’s been a hard year. Many of us have lost a parent since our last luncheon. And so tragically we even lost dear Betty who was with us last year.
December 048 

The gorgeous placemats came with matching napkin rings.
December 050 

My husband bought me these beautiful beautiful compotes from Horchow several years ago.
December 051 
A now discontinued Christmas Lenox place was our focal point.

December 052 
Incredible Villeroy and Boch chargers, that I was so lucky to get on sale last year, were our base.

December 054 
It was a stellar day when I procured these placemats from Century 21.
December 076 
A medley of red and green and gold.
December 078 
And now, it’s time for lunch.
December 166 
I couldn’t decide between shrimp cocktail or crabmeat cocktail and so I did both!
December 167 The roasted asparagus were tied as little Christmas bundles.
December 178 We dined on Chicken Marsala (a post to come), asparagus and a touch of cranberries atop the fanned Clementines.
December 047
I hope you enjoyed my luncheon as much as I did. It’s a special time to share my best with my best.
December 081 Come see a ton of lovely Christmas tablescapes at Susan’s Merry Christmas
- The Tablescaper

18 comments:

Lana said...

I can not believe those amazing Villeroy & Boch chargers--incredible. Everything is incredible! Where do you live--I can be there by; tomorrow night/Christmas Eve! :)
Blessings, Lana

Dining Delight said...

I know how much work it is to squeeze a special event into the usual Christmas preparations and it is wonderful that you went ahead with your ladies luncheon. Everything looks so wonderful! Your tablescape has a lot of drama to it. Love those chargers and the placemats, oh yeah, and the compotes..oh everything is fabulous! And I haven't even started on how yummy the food looks! Great job, thanks for sharing!

DD

Carol at Serendipity said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous table. Your cut crystal is exquisite. It is so nice to use the beautiful pieces that have been collected and treasured over the years.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Carol

susan said...

The table, menu, and food are all perfect and gorgeous! What a wonderful hostess you are! Merry Christmas--ps If I had been Kathleen, I'd have walked or called a cab :)

Eileen said...

Beautiful Christmas table!
I loved it all and the food presentation was outstanding!

I especially loved the cocktail table, really nice touch!

Merry Christmas!
All the best,
Eileen

Linda said...

Your table took my breath away. So lovely! I am so glad you were able to share photos of this event with us. The chragers and placemats are so pretty but my favorite has to be the crystal! Oh so lovely!

Merry Christmas!
Huggs......Linda

Kathleen said...

Now A, I would have been there if I could have. I even changed my appt to be able to come. But a dead battery is a dead battery!
It all looks wonderful..well except the asparagus..I don't eat those! LOL..
What a fabulous treat you prepared for your guests.
Those chargers look so beautiful with all your other lovely pieces, just gorgeous!
Pick the date early for next year so I can make sure I am there!
See you soon!
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!
Kathleen

Linda said...

AWESOME decor...food and drinks...think I will make me a cranberry cocktail! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Blessings,
Linda

Mimi said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G., that table is gorgeous with all the golds, greens and reds. Love the chargers and crystal. Your menu looks pretty good, too! I bet your guests had to pick their jaws up before they could be seated...Merry Christmas!

Sharlotte said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous! The red and green is so pretty. ALL your pieces are so lovely. I don't know where to begin...the stemware is divine...the placemats, napkin rings, and chargers...the tablecloth. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. Merry Christmas!

LillyB said...

Fabulous table!! Merry Christmas!!

Debbie said...

I am in awe, this is so beautiful. Happy holidays!

Sarah said...

I'm late getting around to visit, but so glad to be here at your luncheon. Your table is indeed gorgeous! The layers of beautiful china on your new placemats sets the most amazing table, and the antique candleabra are certainly spectacular. All the Ruby stemware adds a festive touch. Your menu not only sounds delicious, but the food presentation is perfection. I too like to bundle aspargus with little red bows. Thank you for sharing this lovely event! ~ Sarah

Bill said...

I love it all, but your Grand mom Lilian's cherub candleabra is very, very special! I'm sorry Kathleen had to miss out on such a lovely luncheon (although I'm sure plenty of us would been delighted to have "stolen" her empty seat!).

I've enjoyed seeing your beautiful tables and getting to know you during the past few months. Looking forward to many more wonderful tablescapes from you in 2010!
Cheers!
Bill

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Wow...now this was a grand party! Wish I lived close enough...I'd would have taken Kathleen's spot in a second! :-) Hee, hee...sorry Kathleen. ;-) I love your stemware and my or my, those are some stunning chargers! Your tablescape is gorgeous! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Susan

The Tablescaper said...

Susan-
Wish you were closer. I would have loved to have had you with us!

- The Tablescaper

Leslie said...

WOW! I am a new follower.. love your ideas!!! Thank you!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am almost speechless at the beauty of this table! I wish I could get 12 people around our table, this new house has a SMALL dining room:( Your crystal is magnificent!!! I also LOVE the placemats and rings. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing this. Sure wish I lived close by, I'd be happy to just serve and see it all:):)