Welcome to Tablescape Thursday. Click the button below and visit Susan at Between the Naps on the Porch for more tablescapes. Also, be sure to visit Rhondie's Fall Party for some great inspriation to get ready for this lovely season.One usually associates autumn with bright vibrant colors - oranges, reds, yellows and greens. Today's tablescape views the serene side of autumn
lusciousness of white pumpkins near the reflecting glass.
- I did a bit of searching about blue pumpkins as they are on the unusual side. The best web site that shows photographs of pumpkins, squashes and gourds that I could find was KCB-Samen. It's a company that was an outgrowth of someone that was so interested in pumkins. squashes and gourds that they started a society. As best as I could tell, although when I purchased it my pumpkin was labled a "blue pumpkin", it appears to be a Bounty, or an Etna or a Grey Star. I'm not really sure which one it is, but one thing I feel pretty certain about is that the little white pumpkins are baby boos.
- I found the amazing knives at a tag sale this summer. They are Solingen Stainless knives made in Germany. Little did I know that my little purchase had such a history.
- I feel that the plates in this post were destined to be mine. They are Glamour by The American Limoge China Co. - Made in the USA - Sundale, as when I was first beginning to collect china I went to my local charity drop box to drop off several bags of china. There at the foot of the drop box, with the big printed words DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUTSIDE THIS BOX, was a delapidated box which held these dishes. I must admit at first I felt a bit odd taking them, as they were left for charity, but as they were never put in the box and since I had left many a donation inside the box I felt they must be destined for me. They've sat never used in my basement for years as I'm not a big 40's wheat fan, but somehow this tablescape unfolded. They were fall with their colors of brown and rust and there was just a touch of blue. When I brought home the blue pumpkin, they seemed a match!
- Blue Depression Glass footed glasses
- Martha Stewart placemats
- vintage napkins
- Walmart napkin rings
- Tag sale, unmarked, blue leaf plates
- Lidded white pumpkin bowls - Christmas Tree Shops
- White pumpkin soup tureen - Mikasa
- Stainless flatware - Oneida
- The Tablescaper